As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Winter is Here

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Wait... What's the badger game?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Promising interview today, and I've got a phone interview tomorrow with someone who seems anxious to talk to me, so for now I guess I'll have to sit back with some popcorn and enjoy the class warfare. Maybe there'll be a couple of small targets of opportunity, though.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ugh. I'm running out of cards to sell/badgetize. Must I resort to playing the games I own for their cards?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    OK YOU FUCKS YOU ALL BETTER BUY THIS METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE SHIT

WE NEED PLATINUM TO PORT THEIR WHOLE BACK CATALOGUE

ALSO ALL DLC FOR £14 THIS SHIT IS A STEAL RULES OF NATURE ETC

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    I know I said that my Long Live the Queen stream would start around 9:30, but it's probably going to be closer to 10.
    I kind of lost track of time and still need to eat dinner.

I'll be sure to post a link when I'm about to start though!

The best laid plans of bunnies and women, and all that...

It'll be starting in about 10 minutes, here!

I plan on going until I succeed this time. Hopefully that won't take another 4+ hours!

Also, there are things I need to take care of...that will have to wait until afterwards.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    @emutheelf is some kind of Electronic Super Joy buzzer, going around dispensing Electronic Super Joy.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I've been struck with class!
    poopdopp_by_riokenng3-d6yl4pe.png
    It hurts so goooooood!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Wait... What's the badger game?

I think they were talking about Shelter.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Time for me to get into the swing of things around here!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/LSX2t/bionic-commando-rearmed

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    If you're trying to make badges right now, might be worth checking out the booster packs. They haven't (all) adjusted for price increases yet. Faerie Solitare, for example, is 18 cents/card on average, but booster packs are in the upper 40 cent range.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

This is the truest and best post the Steam thread has ever fucking seen. I want you to think about that for a minute, let it sink in and gestate in your brain space for a while and realize just what that means.

Everybody buy Metal Gear Rising right now. I'd buy it for all of you if I could, but I can't so you need to do this one thing for me or your house might burn down in disappointment at you. Like, it will just spontaneously catch fire because the very core of your home is so saddened by the poor judgement you have shown, not because I'm threatening to burn your house down*.
    Just wanted to clarify that.
    *I will if I have to though, fair warning.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    For anyone who was wondering, buying the founders pack of dungeon of the endless gets you a 50% discount voucher which DOES stack with the sale price for Endless Space and the expansion. Which means you can get it for $5 now, or assuming it goes to 75% off on a daily (which it probably will), you can get it for $3.75.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    @Khez is a total classy class-act of classiness and gifted me Monaco out of the blue! And what's weird is I was just eyeballing that game today, not more than a couple hours prior! Conclusion drawn: Khez is psychic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man, I was streaming some Typing of the Dead: Overkill and when I exited, I found that @TeeMan had gifted me a copy of Steam Marines! Thanks! Can't wait to play it!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @an_alt has gifted me Dishonored: Brigmore Witches! Thank you very much! It is because of the fantastic Gladius. @DoctorArch knows what I'm talking about! I've always hoped for Gladius to show up on PSN or something but with Lucasarts gone the chances of that seem slim. :(

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    krackqkrackq Registered User regular
    Gifting madness abounds! I went away for a few hours and came back to 300+ posts!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh, and a big thanks to @Talus9952 for Monaco. I usually do a wrap-up at the end of the sale, but I doubt I'll get much since I already own all of the games.

And also a reminder.

signature.png

This will be ending on christmas day, by the way.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

RAIDEN IS LIKE 95% ROBOT, YET I WATCH THIS EVERYDAY HOPING I COULD BE EVEN HALF THE MAN HE IS

http://youtu.be/jeXljIb-CJU
    RULES OF NATURE

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    @an_alt has gifted me Dishonored: Brigmore Witches! Thank you very much! It is because of the fantastic Gladius. @DoctorArch knows what I'm talking about! I've always hoped for Gladius to show up on PSN or something but with Lucasarts gone the chances of that seem slim. :(

Damnit, for a second I thought that Gladius was on Steam. A guy can wish, I guess.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Goddamn it. It's happening again.

I'm looking through my games to see which games I can run at the same time to farm cards.
    Jragghen wrote: »
    If you're trying to make badges right now, might be worth checking out the booster packs. They haven't (all) adjusted for price increases yet. Faerie Solitare, for example, is 18 cents/card on average, but booster packs are in the upper 40 cent range.

so you're saying we should buy boosters instead of the cards we need?

Cause I've got a bunch of boosters I've never opened that I'm thinking about selling, but not if it's actually a worse deal for me.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Also holy shit how does this badge thing work

So I play games and earn game cards, and once I get a full set for a game, I get a badge for that game, and when I get that badge, I get a Holiday card, and once I get all the Holiday cards, I get a Holiday badge with goodies? And then I start over getting game cards for game badges for Holiday cards for Holiday badges?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    The Rogue, @TeeMan, has imparted upon me the tale of his family's Legacy. Or a family's legacy. I'm not really sure who's legacy it is, but it's definitely rogue-ish.

Thank you!

(This is my punishment for that light gift-bomb after the Fall sale, isn't it?)

• Options
    Yup, just threw a La Mulana booster pack on the market for 71 cents. And it might actually sell for that price, even though each card is averaging at like 17 cents.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Mirror's Edge is on sale. You know what that means.

signature.png

Nobody had it on their wishlist, so we'll have to do it this way. I think this is the fourth or fifth time I've gifted this out. And I already own three copies.

Hopefully Beyond Good & Evil goes on sale this time.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    space hulk just doesn't seem like the right move right now. reading everyone's reactions in the community hub is so disappointing. I don't need much for the game to be worth it but with the issues people mention I can't even see this price being good enough.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Ooh, the Bionic Commando games are on sale again. I might try to pay for the 3D one with card money.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @Berylline is on a good Long Live the Queen run at the moment, tune in!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Oh @TeeMan, do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for Strangers Wrath to go on sale? I have no more world to conquer. I don't know what I'll do with myself now. Play Stranger's Wrath, I guess. Thank you!

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to shout out preferences for the community vote? I've got no horses in that race, about an hour of LLtQ left in me before I crash and I should get that vote in before bed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Heads up for those considering getting Toki Tori 2: The Two Tribes Bundle is actually cheaper than the game by itself, and you get some extra games as well.

Doesn't make any sense but hey, that's Steam for you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Okay, my Steam is still being a piece of shit and doing this. Why

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Oh, UPlay..... why the hell do you suck so much!?

Also, I will throw out several dozen copies of Super Hexagon for the poor souls that don't have it.
    Just because I am cheap, it's still no excuse to not be giving.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae needs to accept my friend invite so that Santa can shower down his warm, moist, love.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So many dead bunniezes.

Oh gosh look at me posting six pages late.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ugh, so many posts during steam sale. Too much class. Thanks to @Firebird for Super Hexagon, and BunnyLin--I mean @Berylline for One-Four-Zero.

This thread is awesome, and has awesome people. I'm gonna start playing TWD Season 2 Episode 1 now on stream to make me less happy if anyone wants to watch.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Oh nice, just got a snow globe foil drop! Selling that sucker for $8

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Alright I've been drinking a little bit so I'm feeling good, and I haven't gifted out anything in at least a few months, so the first person to send me a PM gets their choice of games on the daily sales (except for the racing game because I hate racing games). Have at.

DISCLAIMER: Normal rules apply, forum member for awhile, etc.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yay, sale begins.
    Work still sucks but it is inching ever closer to the finish line. 4 more days to go.
    Which sounds like a really long time.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Argh, why couldn't I have gotten in on that Bioshock Season Pass faux pas?

Oh well, here's a giveaway open for only one day because during the Steam Sale, how can you pay attention to anything for more than 24 hours?

signature.png

Repost for the late-night crowd!

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    For anyone who was wondering, buying the founders pack of dungeon of the endless gets you a 50% discount voucher which DOES stack with the sale price for Endless Space and the expansion. Which means you can get it for $5 now, or assuming it goes to 75% off on a daily (which it probably will), you can get it for $3.75.

What's the style of Endless Space anyway? I'm looking for something nice and RTSy that isn't Starcraft, and I've been having trouble finding something modern. It looks really good, but I'm worried it's going to play more slowly than I want.

This discussion has been closed.