As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Subscribed threads list

Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with ragefrom a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
I think the ability to subscribe to a thread I post in is nifty, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of pruning down the list of threads I am subbed to.

I wasn't paying attention to this previously to today, and I just had to go through and individually click the check boxes for 7 pages of threads to clear the subscriptions to them.

Helpful improvements would include a check-box in that upper black unused area in the subscribed threads list which would select all the threads on that page. Also, dividing them up by time span for last post would be nice; like the PM in box is divided up.

Lastly, if we could select a span of time after which a thread would be automatically cleared from the list? I don't really think I need to be subscribed to a thread which hasn't been posted to in a month, but others may have other ideas of what is the best span of time for the cut off.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
Just_Bri_Thanks on

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think the ability to subscribe to a thread I post in is nifty, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of pruning down the list of threads I am subbed to.

I wasn't paying attention to this previously to today, and I just had to go through and individually click the check boxes for 7 pages of threads to clear the subscriptions to them.

Helpful improvements would include a check-box in that upper black unused area in the subscribed threads list which would select all the threads on that page. Also, dividing them up by time span for last post would be nice; like the PM in box is divided up.

Lastly, if we could select a span of time after which a thread would be automatically cleared from the list? I don't really think I need to be subscribed to a thread which hasn't been posted to in a month, but others may have other ideas of what is the best span of time for the cut off.

That's already there, in the little black space above the checkboxes. :P

MKR on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    So as not to confuse anyone, that little black area above the check boxes is empty and unused. It is just a black square.

If it could have a check box put into it (as it seems intended by design) that would select all the threads on the page... wonderful.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So as not to confuse anyone, that little black area above the check boxes is empty and unused. It is just a black square.

If it could have a check box put into it (as it seems intended by design) that would select all the threads on the page... wonderful.
    I just checked and there is a select all check-box there. Try clicking it and seeing what happens...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

selectall.jpg

MKR on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    MKR wrote: »

selectall.jpg

O_o D:

Edit: Can that be moved right a tad so it lines up? I thought that had something to do with notification. And also, if the other recomendations I had could still be considered, awesome.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    While this topic is open, I'd like to be able to receive instant e-mail notification when subscribed to a forum and not just daily digests.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited September 2007
    _______moe wrote: »
    While this topic is open, I'd like to be able to receive instant e-mail notification when subscribed to a forum and not just daily digests.

uhh, if just a dozen people instant-subscribed to SE++, that would generate over ten-thousand emails per day. I don't think instant notification is a good idea for a forum of this size.

Ramius on