As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 12/18/13: I don't do hugs.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
All-New X-Men #20, hella misleading cover, but the sparks are there. Or are they?

allnewxmen20a_zpsaa4ce87c.jpg

allnewxmen20b_zps78c78a04.jpg

allnewxmen20c_zpsb22f2762.jpg

Scarlet Spider #25, the end of the road for a few months. Time for a quick wrap up of the last conflict:

scarletspider25a_zps65bd211b.jpg

scarletspider25b_zpsb5d4fdc6.jpg

scarletspider25c_zpsb955be7e.jpg

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    It was brought up in the other thread, but yeah X 23 does sounds off.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    It's like if Iron Man suddenly started speaking in ye olde english.

• Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    I guess the whole "hugs" thing is going to be a running joke for the All New X-men series.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    I haven't read anything with x-23 since x-force, and I didn't really read the conversation, but I can see what is "off" about her dialogue. In NYX and x-force, X-23 was a really quiet person. She was obviously thinking, but she didn't say much, and in that preview, she has A LOT to say.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    That and when she did speak, she tended to use short, exact words, not metaphorical imagery like "raging sea of lies, torture, and disappointment", and she definitely didn't use slang like "whiner", "being-at-the-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-times", "don't do hugs", etc.

• Options
    Bobby DerieBobby Derie Registered User regular
    Maybe she archive-binged five seasons of Buffy. That would explain it.

The Unpublishable - Original fiction blog, updates Fridays
    Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    Anyhow, here's my Moment of the Week, from Uncanny Avengers #15:
    Captain America made a desperate attempt to attack the Apocalypse Twins, but he failed, and is forced to watch as their plotting comes to fruition.

3xioCHZ.png
    VxrlTOI.png
    mI2fyZd.png

"...I say no more humans."

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    does that link into
    carey's OGN?

manji on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Err who is the big glowing dude they unleashed?

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

Exitar the Exterminator, a Celestial.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Captain America made a desperate attempt to attack the Apocalypse Twins, but he failed, and is forced to watch as their plotting comes to fruition.

3xioCHZ.png
    VxrlTOI.png
    mI2fyZd.png

The funny thing is....
    That whole rant basically spells out that they want Cap to be Noah.

• Options
    manji wrote: »
    does that link into
    carey's OGN?

I don't think so.
    From what I read, Carey's OGN takes place on Earth, and the Twins are taking the mutants to a new, different planet for Planet X.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

3xioCHZ.png
    VxrlTOI.png
    mI2fyZd.png

That moment was great
    But the Sentry ripping his own head in half was the best moment in that

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

Exitar the Exterminator, a Celestial.

Holy shiiiii-

Yeah, whenever the Celestials need a planet oblivionized, they call in Exitar.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I just read a story with Thor and Exitar
    Thor was trying to stop Exitar from blowing up a planet, so he broke open the armored skin, and went inside Exitar to try and destroy his brain. Thor managed to break open the brain casing, but wound up destroying Mjolnir in the process.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Exitar is interesting because he's a Celestial not created by Jack Kirby, having been created by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz.

Kirby originally created Arishem the Judge, Eson the Searcher, Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial, Gammemon the Gatherer, Hargen the Measurer, Jemiah the Analyzer, Oneg the Prober, Nezarr the Calculator, Tefral the Surveyor, and Ziran the Tester.

The other Celestials not created by Kirby are Ashema the Listener (created by Peter David and Salvador Larocca), Scathan the Approver (created by Michael Gallagher and Kevin West), Devron the Experimenter, and Gamiel the Manipulator (both created by Eric Powell).

Personally, Arishem is my favorite.

Arishem.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ah yes, coffee cup head.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HE IS A PLANET-KILLER!!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    And oh so refreshing early in the cosmic morning.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    All of Empowered Vol 08.

Why must you make me care about your characters so damn much Adam Warren? Why must you have existentially depressing moments in your otherwise volume of complete badassery? D:

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Exitar is interesting because he's a Celestial not created by Jack Kirby, having been created by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz.

Kirby originally created Arishem the Judge, Eson the Searcher, Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial, Gammemon the Gatherer, Hargen the Measurer, Jemiah the Analyzer, Oneg the Prober, Nezarr the Calculator, Tefral the Surveyor, and Ziran the Tester.

The other Celestials not created by Kirby are Ashema the Listener (created by Peter David and Salvador Larocca), Scathan the Approver (created by Michael Gallagher and Kevin West), Devron the Experimenter, and Gamiel the Manipulator (both created by Eric Powell).

Arishem.jpg

I love Arishem's thumbs down thing - really, he should've been there to do that and not Exitar. Exitar only acts when Arishem gives a verdict.

Reminds me of the Celestial battle in Earth X, when Arishem's 'thumbs-down' nukes the Red Ronin.

All of Empowered Vol 08.

Why must you make me care about your characters so damn much Adam Warren? Why must you have existentially depressing moments in your otherwise volume of complete badassery? D:

Oh yeah, that's gotta my MotW too, if a somewhat frustrating one. I love all the Emp books, although I really have to think of this latest one as filler. It wrapped up a plot point that I personally considered the least important - I still wanted to see it resolved, but I was hoping for other stuff as well.

Though AW was seeding seemingly innocuous bits of info throughout the entire damn thing that just might wind up being super relevant later on...
    I'm thinking that Mindfuck's brother might be the creator of Willy Pete.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Arishem.jpg

I love Arishem's thumbs down thing - really, he should've been there to do that and not Exitar. Exitar only acts when Arishem gives a verdict.

Reminds me of the Celestial battle in Earth X, when Arishem's 'thumbs-down' nukes the Red Ronin.

All of Empowered Vol 08.

Oh yeah, that's gotta my MotW too, if a somewhat frustrating one. I love all the Emp books, although I really have to think of this latest one as filler. It wrapped up a plot point that I personally considered the least important - I still wanted to see it resolved, but I was hoping for other stuff as well.

Though AW was seeding seemingly innocuous bits of info throughout the entire damn thing that just might wind up being super relevant later on...
    I'm thinking that Mindfuck's brother might be the creator of Willy Pete.

Empowered 8 spoilers
    I was so expecting Emp to save Spooky in Angel-mode from the moment the demon mentioned that her suit looked familiar. Didn't work out exactly like that, but it was pretty close.

Unrelated; the whole superheroes are jerks things is now almost completely gone, isn't it? Only Major Havoc remains, the rest of the heroes are either background characters or sympathetic.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Empowered 8 spoilers
    I was so expecting Emp to save Spooky in Angel-mode from the moment the demon mentioned that her suit looked familiar. Didn't work out exactly like that, but it was pretty close.

Unrelated; the whole superheroes are jerks things is now almost completely gone, isn't it? Only Major Havoc remains, the rest of the heroes are either background characters or sympathetic.
    As far as them being jerks specifically to Emp, it seems to have largely fallen off, given her recent string of heroic doings and the time she's spent winning them over with her relentless niceness.

Although that may all crash super-hard next book after what happened in 8.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    DYj4PVm.jpg

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Jesus, it really is a coffee mug.

Or some kind of tankard, anyway.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    God I love Nextwave.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I suddenly need a thumb tattoo.