As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tycho and Gabe signing...?

oPMoPoPMoP Registered User new member
edited September 2007 in PAX Archive
My girlfriend and I really want to go to PAX next year and possibly get a shirt or poster signed. Do Gabe and Tycho (or Mike and Jerry) do signings at PAX for people?

oPMoP on

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yep. They even had a scheduled signing time this year.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    oPMoPoPMoP Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    Cool, thanks for the info.

oPMoP on
  • Options
    ppd1000ppd1000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah they had one this year (I was shocked at how little people turned up) and how people couldnt follow anouncments to go downstairs

ppd1000 on
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I never understood why signatures are considered so important. It's a scribble. Usually illegible.

I realize I'm a minority in this. :)

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Samyel wrote: »
    I never understood why signatures are considered so important. It's a scribble. Usually illegible.

I'm with you on this one! I'd be way more inclined to ask an awesome Q+A question and see what they thought than to get an autograph.

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Samyel wrote: »

gabe also does a doodle.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I feel weird asking someone I've met 4 years in a row for an autograph.... That didn't stop my girlfriend though.

Shade on
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shade wrote: »
    I feel weird asking someone I've met 4 years in a row for an autograph.... That didn't stop my girlfriend though.

Yeah...they sign all my penny-arcade stuff. Last two cons (PAX and Sakuracon) I've forgotten my 2 books I haven't got signed (I got my other 2 done before though)

my PAX DVD's, my posters, etc...

I ran into Tycho at RockBand's booth but just talked to him about MrPulsar since I already have his signature on a bunch of stuff.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I asked Gabe, Tycho and Khoo to sign a book I'm giving to someone who's never been to PAX, but that's about it.

See TFS you are my favourite tranny goshdarnit!!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    ZineZine Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I actually looked for them signing things but I didn't hear an announcment about it either. Oh well next year.

Zine on
  • Options
    GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You know what I find funny.....

Is how many people I watched walk right by them not even realizing who they are.

Googalash on
  • Options
    NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I walked by them a couple of times, maybe did a double take. But they usually seemed deep and busy in conversation most, if not all, of the time.

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • Options
    StealthStealth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I completely forgot they were doing the signing. I think I ran back to my hotel room to have a quick shower or something, then came back and thought

Shit

Stealth on
  • Options
    RexRex Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They had a scheduled signing? God dammit. I hung around after the last round of the Omegathon on Sunday to get signatures and just say thanks to them. Only reason I even got to do that was because I flashed the Omeganaut badge (for about the 10,000th time that weekend).

I do have to say they're two of the coolest guys you'll ever meet. They do run this whole thing a lot more like a couple of guys who invited 30,000 friends into town for the weekend rather than a couple of media mogul tycoon assholes.

The best part of getting them to sign was that I had a totally girly moment with Tycho that went like so:

"Did you have a good time here?"
    "Absolutely man it was great. Thanks a lot for doing this for us."
    "Thanks for coming. Did you catch the concert last night?"
    "Yeah, it was great."
    "Did you catch Jonathan Coulton performing??"
    "OMG yeah, he was awesome!"
    "OMG I KNOW RITE???"

You get the idea.

Rex on
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate its' contents."
    - H. P. Lovecraft
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Its great got get a signature if you don't have one, but I skipped G&T this year as I already have both my book ones signed, as I do my PAX05 DVD, and my laser cel. Really, I don't need a lot more signing action. I would have liked to get my program signed but I forgot it in the hotel room after day one.

I didn't buy any CD's, so I didn't get any of those autographs either. And even though I walked by when they were forming the Wil Wheaton line I really had to pass on that idea.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Googalash wrote: »
    You know what I find funny.....

Is how many people I watched walk right by them not even realizing who they are.

Ditto.
    My boyfriend, myself and our two friends were on the escalator at about 10AM on Friday, and Tycho was showing someone around.. Of course, we did the thing where we looked at each other and said "Is that who I think it is..?" while the other two with us stood their oblivious.. Although, they eventually caught on and we went and got in line.

Saw Tycho again after the Friday concert and offered him a cookie and got a picture taken:

"Would you like a cookie? I've been handing them out all day.."
    "These are unadulterated, right?"
    "Yeah, of course."

Bwhaha.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I saw them around a couple times, but really figured that they deserve a chance to enjoy PAX unharassed. Besides, what would I say, "omg, thanks for PAX, it's AWESOME!"? I think it's safe to assume that they know it already. :)

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    aragorn18aragorn18 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    One of the things that I really wanted to do this year at PAX was get some of my WoW trading cards signed. I had Extended Art copies of Leeroy Jenkins, Lt. Commander Dudefella (Gabe's WoW character) and Wynneth Harridan (Tycho's character) signed by Gabe (the artist of the cards) and another Harridan signed by Tycho.

I mounted them in this nice display case. I'm pretty sure I have one of two copies of the EA Leeroy that is signed by Gabe.

I was really glad they had a scheduled signing because that way I didn't have to worry all weekend about bumping into them. I just waited until the scheduled time and got them signed.

aragorn18 on
This discussion has been closed.