As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week for 09/06/07

124»

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    My moment of the week was going to my local shop for the 90% off sale and getting $700 worth of back issues for $70. I now own near-complete runs of Young Heroes in Love, Hourman (Peyer/Morales), the Waid/Ramos issues of Impulse, Young Justice, the JLI/JLE issues done by Giffen and DeMatteis, Major Bummer, Question, the first twenty or so issues of Dixon's Green Arrow stuff with Connor Hawke, Arcudi's Doom Patrol (terribly underrated by the way), Booster Gold, a bunch of Impact! comics that I'm very fond of, and a handful of Blue Beetle and Blue Devil comics I was missing.

I'm gonna put them all in a big pile and just roll around in them.

Awesome. Congratulations. Job well done. Etc.
    I HATE YOU YOU SONOFABITCH BASTARD

My moment of the week was setting up my pull list. I finally did it, at the wife's urging. She is the more practical one.

DouglasDanger on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    there could probably be at least a mildly interesting story about a shapeshift who had amnesia and had to struggle with finding out her true identity. though it's probably already been done.

I think there are probably a ton of awesome Mystique stories (that don't involve her sleeping with the devil) waiting to be told. Frankly, I think a limited series about her life, kinda like the Emma Frost one, would be really cool. And it could feature hot Mystique on Destiny action.

Mystique's series where she was an Xavier black-op was one of my favorites when it was out. I've always liked the character, though it seems like her refusal to commit to any relationship, team or cause keeps her from really progressing much.

"I'm evil, rargh! Wait, now I'm working for the government! Now I'm an assassin! Now I've redeemed and joined the X-Men! Rargh, I'm evil again!"

Scooter on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've always assumed the reason Mystique can't pick a direction and stick with it is because the writers take the whole "shapeshifter" concept way to far/literally. Okay, she can change her physical shape but why is she mentally doing circus tricks every 4-6 months? Not that the stuff Mystique has done in her life wouldn't make her a little nutty but you see what I'm sayin'.

Caveman Paws on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've always assumed the reason Mystique can't pick a direction and stick with it is because the writers take the whole "shapeshifter" concept way to far/literally. Okay, she can change her physical shape but why is she mentally doing circus tricks every 4-6 months? Not that the stuff Mystique has done in her life wouldn't make her a little nutty but you see what I'm sayin'.

Given that we have no physical explanation for her shapeshifting, isn't it possible that she reflexively alters her brain due to moods, etc.? In other words, maybe she's the ultimate schizophrenic, with a brain that is constantly in flux and thus never fully sane. What's worse, it would be a vicious circle, with her madness causing worse shifting...

mattharvest on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Been reading Ruins have we?

Scooter on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think my moment of the week was when I threw One More Day into the trash.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    My moment of the week was going to my local shop for the 90% off sale and getting $700 worth of back issues for $70. I now own near-complete runs of Young Heroes in Love, Hourman (Peyer/Morales), the Waid/Ramos issues of Impulse, Young Justice, the JLI/JLE issues done by Giffen and DeMatteis, Major Bummer, Question, the first twenty or so issues of Dixon's Green Arrow stuff with Connor Hawke, Arcudi's Doom Patrol (terribly underrated by the way), Booster Gold, a bunch of Impact! comics that I'm very fond of, and a handful of Blue Beetle and Blue Devil comics I was missing.

I'm gonna put them all in a big pile and just roll around in them.

Munch what the fuck

who the hell has a 90% off sale?

dammit, show me were your comic shop is

Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Munch what the fuck

who the hell has a 90% off sale?

dammit, show me were your comic shop is

My comic shop is the bestest. And I believe they do it annually, but I didn't think to ask. It was pretty neat, they had a nine day sale, with the first two days giving 10% and then 20% off trades, then 30% off all back issues, with an extra ten percent tacked on daily up until the ninth day. I probably could have gotten even more YJ and JLI/E issues if I'd gone a few days earlier, but the sweet allure of comics at only ten percent of their value made me wait until the last day.

I should also mention that I purchased a near-complete (I think I'm missing two issues) run of Extreme Justice. It's so bad I'm pretty sure it made me sterile just reading it.

Munch on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »

And now I gloat at all those who decided to keep on for JMS' last hurrah.

DarkPrimus on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »

And now I gloat at all those who decided to keep on for JMS' last hurrah.

The thing about Spidey at the end was kinda cool.

So was Pete webbing the everloving shit out of Tony.

The Muffin Man on