As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Season 2 Episode 3 - The Dragon's Reach Part 1 (Use Spoiler Tags!)

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    I'm confident that Conan the Barbarian is a historically accurate source

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hope this isn't too presumptuous of me as a new player to suggest but seeing how well the guild gets together for PvE as well as PvP stuff, I was thinking perhaps one night we could attempt a 'NICE Invasion of Orr'. Basically we roll into the Straits of Devastation and attempt to simultaneously achieve all three Invasion routes for a big old fight at the Cathedral of Glorious Victory. Then we follow that up by liberating any of the other four temples that other players haven't done so at the time and see if we can end it all with the Gates Of Arah event. Maybe we won't get that far but it'd be cool if we made the run to the Arah WP for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet a little NICE-er by shutting down all the statues.

So, when we used to do this, it didn't seem to help the event to have more than 1 invasion join the fray. It raises their morale, but gives you even MORE squishy NPCs to keep alive during the event....not a net win usually. Also, the northern invasion is by sea and has some straight up awful underwater battles leading up to it.

May I suggest that you scale back to just the southern invasion, and if it goes well try the other routes at later date? Coordinating all 3 at once is brutal and everyone will gravitate toward the easy path anyway, so you'll end up suffering through the underwater stuff while all your friends skip up the southern route and beat you to it.......or at least that's what happened to me when I tried this. ;)

If you propose a date and time, people will show up! These chains are lucrative, lots of people need obsidian shards for crafting these days, and there's always getting waypoints on an alt. I'd probably come on my ele to get the WPs and stuff. :)

• Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Got a nice little surprise in the mail today. =)
    ZOvUPhE.jpg

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Neat! Why'd you get it?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    ANet sends holiday cards out every year at random

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    I've been gone for a while (have long since been purged from NICE), but have some free time over Christmas and was thinking of jumping back in. Anyone able to throw me an invite back in to the guild? Name is Kass.3504.

• Options
    The collaborative development thread for Horizontal Progression is up now! This includes stuff like new skills/traits, appearance customization, collectibles, etc.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/first#post3405966

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    The chart auto-updates, so the market has since adjusted.

However, you could make between 1.5 and 2.5g per skill point for a couple of hours yesterday, turning t1 cloth into t2.

It's likely to happen again though; the way drops work, players will have a hard time farming for low level cloth on their mains.

FYI Jute -> Wool is back up to over 1.25G per skill point at the time of this post.

• Options
    Not seeing it. Does the market adjust that fast or am I missing something?

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Not seeing it. Does the market adjust that fast or am I missing something?
    It adjusts pretty quickly, yes.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    A certain Asuran Necromancer got me an A-MAH-ZING portrait of me with Eternity for Xmas. It's so badass and also historically accurate. =)
    Eternity_Sky.jpg?full

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    That

is

amazing.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Ginally! It's back to normal forum-ing!

("ginally" is a typo for "finally", it is not an adverb for being "like a vagina".)

ky13 on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    friday night wvw! 745 est!

Lets get back to lifeeeeeee back to reallityyyyyy

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    About god damn time.

• Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    I'm completely green to this game. I had been interested in it for a long time, but never had the chance to get it, but I picked it up last night. So far so good. I started a Charr warrior and then decided to try a Nord warrior. I'm not sure which one I want to keep. Any helpful beginner tips?

Also, could I get a guild invite? phekno.5098 is my display name.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    phekno wrote: »
    I'm completely green to this game. I had been interested in it for a long time, but never had the chance to get it, but I picked it up last night. So far so good. I started a Charr warrior and then decided to try a Nord warrior. I'm not sure which one I want to keep. Any helpful beginner tips?

Also, could I get a guild invite? phekno.5098 is my display name.

Don't rush. Enjoy the game. Everything gives you xp..... so just drink it in. Sell everything you get mats wise (there is a deposit collectibles button to help you determine what is worth selling). Upgrade to a full set of green armor on the ah every 8-10 levels. Its cheap. Crafting as you level is very hard and expensive.

Do WvW with us. We make it 10 x more fun than normal and the rewards are some of the cheapest ways to gear at level 80. You can come at any level - it scales you.

Invite sent.

And my brother will receive this as a gift from me tonight so he will guild join too.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    For those of you who know what Starbound is - someone modded Twilight into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTt1ndaImkk

They're working on Sunrise presently.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BLUE bl Tonight. Im hype/

• Options
    JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    Woot. I've been looking for wuv in all the wrong places.

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Hmm...I should start this back up again. Wonder how the game is now, haven't played in quite a while.

• Options
    Ender wrote: »
    Hmm...I should start this back up again. Wonder how the game is now, haven't played in quite a while.

You should come back. 3 patches ago it became a pony simulator. Its all about hay and fancy brushes and prancing. The main currency is now sparkles. You have a lot to learn.

or in the real world - the game has been getting better all the time and it started great. We would love to have you back.

• Options
    I'll have to find my discs, seem to have forgotten my login info. Hmm.

• Options
    Lets come home from the holidays already. :D between steam sales and travel we are going to have to bark in LA for active members soon.

Im saying I miss ya bastards.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Lets come home from the holidays already. :D between steam sales and travel we are going to have to bark in LA for active members soon.

Im saying I miss ya bastards.

I might take a little longer. Had to reformat my main hard drive over Christmas, which was where GW2 was installed at... and my cheap-ass internet service never goes higher than ~750 kb/s for downloads >_<

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, this sucks. I can't find my serial code, nor can I remember my password. So, I'm hoping support can reset things for me, otherwise I can't play. :(

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well, this sucks. I can't find my serial code, nor can I remember my password. So, I'm hoping support can reset things for me, otherwise I can't play. :(

They tend to be pretty good about this sort of thing, out of curiosity... Where did you buy it? Online? A receipt helps.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options

You should come back. 3 patches ago it became a pony simulator. Its all about hay and fancy brushes and prancing. The main currency is now sparkles. You have a lot to learn.

Fuck. Mojo, I lost my shit when I read this. Goddam.

THE MAIN CURRENCY IS NOW SPARKLES.

• Options
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    There was someone asking in map chat where the Ogden's hammer guy was a few days before Christmas, told me they wanted the audio for something... Now I know

• Options

They should be able to help you really quickly with this, you at least remember which email address you used to sign up correct?

• Options
    Draygo wrote: »

They should be able to help you really quickly with this, you at least remember which email address you used to sign up correct?

Yeah, I'm in contact with them, but they're asking me questions I don't have the answer to, like what my display name is. I don't friggin' know, it's been like a year!

I tried trolling through the old threads to see if I posted it anywhere, but couldn't find it. Ah well, they'll either unlock it for me or not, it's up to them at this point.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm in contact with them, but they're asking me questions I don't have the answer to, like what my display name is. I don't friggin' know, it's been like a year!

I tried trolling through the old threads to see if I posted it anywhere, but couldn't find it. Ah well, they'll either unlock it for me or not, it's up to them at this point.
    Your name isn't in an e-mail? Or did you just flat-out delete everything connected to gw2? I mean, without any kind of identification they won't be able to help you.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    You can let us know what one of your character names is and from that we can pull your account name (the name with the number thing) if you don't remember a name scour your screenshots folder.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    With a lot of people on vacation and traveling and whatnot, just wanted to let you know we are still running missions tonight. It's a little light on population tonight, so come on and help if you can. =)

Edit: Normal time, 7pm server

ky13 on
  • Options
    Just a reminder that missions are tonight! In case you forgot how to play this game what with holiday cheer and all. ;)

• Options
    You can let us know what one of your character names is and from that we can pull your account name (the name with the number thing) if you don't remember a name scour your screenshots folder.

Katia von Kraken.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular

Katia von Kraken.

No player with that name.

• Options
    Kylindra wrote: »

Fuck. Mojo, I lost my shit when I read this. Goddam.

THE MAIN CURRENCY IS NOW SPARKLES.

So......

I have made this happen.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhYAzkdjWLM7dGRfOEFEOVI0Mm1CN3JYY243UElXU0E#gid=0

This is where we shall tabulate the Sparkles. I have it sorted by number of Sparkles, so we always know who's on top of the Sparkle Leaderboard.

YES. THIS IS A THING.

What are Sparkles good for, you ask?

FABULOUS PRIZES.

(To be determined.)

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »

Katia von Kraken.

No player with that name.

Search by von Kraken

Also, we may have culled them =/...

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil