As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Season 2 Episode 3 - The Dragon's Reach Part 1 (Use Spoiler Tags!)

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Ender wrote: »
    Hmm...I should start this back up again. Wonder how the game is now, haven't played in quite a while.

You should come back. 3 patches ago it became a pony simulator. Its all about hay and fancy brushes and prancing. The main currency is now sparkles. You have a lot to learn.

Fuck. Mojo, I lost my shit when I read this. Goddam.

THE MAIN CURRENCY IS NOW SPARKLES.

So......

I have made this happen.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhYAzkdjWLM7dGRfOEFEOVI0Mm1CN3JYY243UElXU0E#gid=0

This is where we shall tabulate the Sparkles. I have it sorted by number of Sparkles, so we always know who's on top of the Sparkle Leaderboard.

YES. THIS IS A THING.

What are Sparkles good for, you ask?

FABULOUS PRIZES.

(To be determined.)

Can i retain the right to hand out WVW sparkles in lieu of mojo funbucks? I am notoriously stingy.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular

Can i retain the right to hand out WVW sparkles in lieu of mojo funbucks? I am notoriously stingy.

Since I stole the idea from you.....yes. You can hand out sparkles.

All hail Mojo, see how he glitters! All hail the Sparkle King!

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Since I stole the idea from you.....yes. You can hand out sparkles.

All hail Mojo, see how he glitters! All hail the Sparkle King!

I didn't know Salad Dressing sparkled.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Mother of god. This ... fuuuuuck. Now I half want to make a light armor Charr just to do this, but ... too many alts already. Ugh.
    FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT
    viFhQ5H.jpg
    pItAIB5.jpg
    2l7uV9S.jpg

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Geod wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    You can let us know what one of your character names is and from that we can pull your account name (the name with the number thing) if you don't remember a name scour your screenshots folder.

Katia von Kraken.

No player with that name.

Search by von Kraken

Also, we may have culled them =/...

I'm not talking about in the guild, there's no one by that name in the entire GW2 game.

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    You can let us know what one of your character names is and from that we can pull your account name (the name with the number thing) if you don't remember a name scour your screenshots folder.

Katia von Kraken.

Search by von Kraken

I'm not talking about in the guild, there's no one by that name in the entire GW2 game.

That's odd. How about Katja von Kraken? I'm sure I've been culled since, I haven't played since around January 2013.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular

Katia von Kraken.

Search by von Kraken

That's odd. How about Katja von Kraken? I'm sure I've been culled since, I haven't played since around January 2013.

No luck.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Scour your screenshots folder ender. Find a character name.

• Options
    wvwvwvwvwvw mondays!

Whenever you show up it starts-> soft start is 830 est

Lets have some fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXu6QmxpJE

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Not fun:

10,000 folks were banned yesterday for abusing the system to farm linen and jute. Entire guilds got banned all-together.

they(anet) went so far in their investigation to see messages on forums where the exploit was explained and passed on. (citation)

Point being- if you know an exploit, you can be banned for just passing it on. You don't even have to use it. just putting exploits in public can earn you a ban.

Don't cheat, and don't spread the methods lest you feel the wraith of Anet..

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    You know though, you could just farm the events nearby this spot and have nearly gotten the same advantage. Alternatively, you go to dredgehaunt cliffs and farm all the dredge towns. You won't get as much linen, but you'll get some nice event credits and other stuff in return.

They really need to more clearly state their definition of "exploit". I get why they don't, but I would've considered "botting" or "Macros" to be exploits, not killing some mobs that spawn faster (not instantly) compared to other spots. The event just north of this has the mobs respawning in mere minutes anyways.

• Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    You will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.

Was there any clarification on that one? Because from what I can tell, that may mean anything between standing around in Lion's Arch recommending exploitation of that bug to going on a forum or guild chat and saying "Guys, this thing is bugged, I'd steer clear if I was you". I mean, I understand the reasoning that you should just report it, keep it to yourself and move on, but banning people for something along my latter example just seems excessive.

Kazitron on
  • Options
    This is basically them stating they can make a decision, without further review or explanation, to ban you for whatever reason they choose. For example, "Exploit" is not given a clear and concise definition, because they want to be able to interpret anyway they choose when they believe something is "breaking their game" or more concisely, "breaking their economy". We lost a guildmate or two last year this time with the giver's jewelry thing, where you could make a rare jewelry piece using no ectos, but you could salvage it for ectos. That I could understand more than this recent issue.

Now, doing this was supposed to kick in the diminishing returns, but I wonder if those deminishing returns did not affect bag drops, or maybe moreso the quality of item you had. I've noticed white items that drop tend to be the level of the area instead of the level of your character. That would actually make this farm more profitable when the DR kicked in.

Personally, I wish they would give a warning or something on their official forums and state anyone continuing to use the "exploit" would be banned.

You'd think they might do something about the folks using insider trading post knowledge before they ban a bunch of people trying to make some money. Then again, one might think they'd be more reasonable in any of their approaches to the game.

On the bright side, they have enough of a playerbase to continue doing mass bans like this. I guess that means the game is still healthy. That's something?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    One important thing is that, as I understand it, with these mass bans ANet targets excessive exploitation in particular. They have a threshold so that they ban people who are really knowingly abusing it.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    That's a good point.

In the end, it was only one server they went after.

• Options

Katia von Kraken.

Search by von Kraken

No luck.

That's bad. That means there's a good chance my account was compromised and someone wiped my characters. I don't have any screenshots anymore, since I lost a HD since then, so looks like I'm out of luck.

• Options
    Would Ender be in one of the other guilds? I took a quick look at the very first GW2 therad (just before launch) and I'm not sure he ever posted his account name or his character names, given 5 minutes of searching.

Ender, might you have an old PM or something to one of the officers?

• Options
    Ender, this is all I could find on a potential character name for you. Would this character still have existed?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    SHould be. Twinky...Gearbender? My engineer.

edit: Yes, that's it, I remember choosing "gearbender" because it had Ender in it, and I giggled a little to myself.

Ender on
  • Options

edit: Yes, that's it, I remember choosing "gearbender" because it had Ender in it, and I giggled a little to myself.

*Highfives* Hopefully it works!

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular

@Ender I've logged in and had a quick look under that character, your account name is Ender.5798

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    Internet sleuthing wins again!

• Options

@Ender I've logged in and had a quick look under that character, your account name is Ender.5798

i HEART YOU YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Also tell support the name of your engineer, that should help.

• Options
    Yeah, added my screen name and engy's name to the email I just sent them, so that should help. Also mentioned that my account might be light on characters, and that someone may have compromised my account. We'll see.

• Options
    with that info you should be able to auto reset the pass.... or is there an email issue too?

• Options
    So I have 14 wvw points to spend with my ele. What siege skill line should I take? I have 2 in building siege and repairing already.

• Options
    So I decided I wanted to give my Sylvari Guardian a new look.

7Y4VjWn.jpg
    07n8gVH.jpg
    h5kejui.jpg

I like it!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Ardor wrote: »
    So I have 14 wvw points to spend with my ele. What siege skill line should I take? I have 2 in building siege and repairing already.

Rams or ac's

or the long CON-> guard mastery.

Things that follow are a complete waste of your time- Supply capacity, oil mastery, cannon mastery, siege D, Siege O, merc mastery

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Might go ram then, I've gone down the guard mastery path with my guard.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    wvw mondays recap! I know we did well as i gained like 3-4 wvw levels.

It was one of those hard to manage nights as a commander as everywhere we turned we were outnumbered. But i hope all had fun.

it was a nice return to normalcy.

It was funny when some newb said "welcome to FA NICE" Bitch we are on vacation. NICE is FA.

Wednesday night is also a wvw night.... ring in 2014 with blood and thunder.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Wednesday night is also a wvw night.... ring in 2014 with blood and thunder.

You got it.

http://youtu.be/v-Su1YXQYek

Kreutz on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

There's Traits just for WvW?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Yeah there's a separate WvW XP you gain as you do Wuvwuv things (kill enemies, take camps/towers/keeps/etc). Each level gives you a specialization point that you can apply to a WvW specific set of traits. Each one has five levels and each level does something unique (for example this is the Flame Ram set):

1 Gain Iron Hide while interacting with the flame ram 5 World Ability Point
    2 Flame Blast now applies Structural Vulnerability to gates 10 World Ability Point
    3 Reduce recharge of flame ram skills 15 World Ability Point
    4 Skill: Slam Impact — Launch enemies on the other side of the door 20 World Ability Point
    5 Skill: Iron Will — Support skill that applies Iron Hide to nearby allies

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Yes. hit B. the second tab down is your wvw traits.

• Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Welp, looks like GW2 is being DDOS'd right now: https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

A shame, as I can imagine a few people are rushing to finish their monthly up before it resets.

EDIT: Looks like its back up. Rejoice!

Lagnar on
  • Options
    Wh...why would they do that?

• Options
    Bored Geese?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Any of you hardcore wvw's ever heard of Legends Never Die, tag DIE? They're apparently from Fort Aspendwood originally a few months back.

I was roaming around wvw in my first day and I sort of stumbled across them and sort of managed to impress them enough that they said I could run with them.

I didn't expect to meet a blob smashing guild on my first day of serious wvw. I got 80 badges in an hour. :) It was amazing fun.

The tactics of small focused group wvw do not differ all that much from War's, so other than not knowing acronyms and names of keeps and towers and other such strategic details I was able to keep up with them pretty easily, although I can't say I did much more than empower bot, heal and condition cleanse.
    10 more badges and I'm going to go hammer/staff. When I mentioned to the friendly fellow who was mentoring me that I knew how to do the teleport-> hammer ward trick he got quite excited. It's apparently a fantastic way to break up a large group. :)

It's great to run with a group that is actually focused on winning. I can't wait till I run with them again.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Die are good wvw'ers but they did at one point transfer off FA and attempt to take us down during leagues. They went to some server and essentially created the entire wvw scene on it with the hopes of destroying us.

So... I dont know where they stand bitterness wise or what. They had a tone of shitty things to say about us during that all. And now they transfered back. its a weird sitch.

But yeah- if you are sound on your tactics- you can take out larger groups no problem.