As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

holiday forum memorial [chat] and sausage cookoff championship

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Cruise does a real good job at the gunplay in collateral

he's supposed to be really goddamn good, and this isn't just an informed ability

first time we see him put five shots in two people he does it in 1.39 seconds

he doesn't flinch at all when shooting

attention to detail is important

Michael Mann is kind of loved by gun nuts for all his little touches when it comes to gunhandling.

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

he's supposed to be really goddamn good, and this isn't just an informed ability

He's very well regarded in the industry for his attention to detail.

I enjoyed Jack Reacher also.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @desc are you about?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    the incipient threat is not Val Jean

the incipient threat is every Thenadier in the land asserting that they are Val Jean, in a regime where Val Jeans are not pursued as a matter of course, because they might be Val Jean. And this is a wonderfully immovable situation because every Thenadier would then have no paperwork that would let you show that they are not, in fact, Val Jean. You cannot show illicit income if records of licit income are regularly discarded instead of adhered to for legal purposes.

there is no government alive on the planet that can actually enforce sales or income taxes upon a hostile population - there must be a great deal of honest self-reporting. And the primary driver of this norm is a perception that very few other people are evading taxes. If this collapses, it is very difficult to restore tax honesty

man do you deliberately make your posts hard to follow

no i just write in stream of thought, particularly in [chat]

you are remarkably difficult to follow, it's true

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013

the incipient threat is every Thenadier in the land asserting that they are Val Jean, in a regime where Val Jeans are not pursued as a matter of course, because they might be Val Jean. And this is a wonderfully immovable situation because every Thenadier would then have no paperwork that would let you show that they are not, in fact, Val Jean. You cannot show illicit income if records of licit income are regularly discarded instead of adhered to for legal purposes.

there is no government alive on the planet that can actually enforce sales or income taxes upon a hostile population - there must be a great deal of honest self-reporting. And the primary driver of this norm is a perception that very few other people are evading taxes. If this collapses, it is very difficult to restore tax honesty

that's true

posh has suggested as such

i do think like this though, no lie. so it is hard to amend it for off-the-cuff writing

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    If anyone is having trouble with ronya let me know and I will use Cantonese to hash it out.

so the new diablo 3 seems really fun
    maybe it's because so many rare drops I can one shot everything in the game. I'm guessing that will get nerfed but it's neat to get items that are actually good for you

hmm maybe we should play together once

I played up to level 30 something with my brother, new D3 is on the public test realm. you get so powerful that hardcore is the only way to make it interesting, i'm guessing that they will tone down the loot at some point. but it's very quick and fun and if you ignore the story it's really slick

I played through the whole thing on regular and then stopped when I got to a limit where you couldn't progress without better loot

I think I was frustrated that there was only like 1 good build per class is that better now

i'm not sure, I feel so powerful that any build would work right now im using the multi arrow because it one hits everyhting

also it seems like monsters scale with you exp and strength wise you can dick around in areas where grinding is really efficient, like it takes 10-15 minutes to bang out a level, and you're getting good drops

also final bosses always drop a legendary that is probably good for your class

also it's PTR so nothing you do matters

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Michael Mann is kind of loved by gun nuts for all his little touches when it comes to gunhandling.

I like a director where I can be sure that the tiny little details I notice weren't accidents

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    DONT WORRY RONYA I CAN FOLO U XOXO

obF2Wuw.png
    oh and skappy my american giant hoodie arrived and i loves it

so comfy and warm the small fits perfectly. think i might get a heavyweight next.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

so comfy and warm the small fits perfectly. think i might get a heavyweight next.

yes!

I have decided AG is my jam over the other brand

I am going to order their sweatpants next

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

i wanted to get the heavyweight in red

and they had red in my size

and then skippy was like no wait use my referral code you will get discount and i will get money

but then he didn't send it to me until like a day or 2 later

and then they didnt have red in my size anymore

and now they don't have any red at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKIPPPPYYYYY

poo
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Surgeon General's Warning: this video is derived from pure, unadulterated dumbshit stupid, please don't ingest without the safety net of being absolutely sloshed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXHbkd1tVZg

Also, and this really goes without saying, but don't publicly volunteer to behead the President of the United States.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular

he really needs a social media advisor

fuckin' lol at the 'digg this' links he puts at the bottom of his blog posts..yeah sure, old man. i can digg it

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

He is also a surprisingly good motorcyclist. Very smooth rider.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    not watching that

summarize?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    crap i should've ordered snowboarding boots

crap i don't have any money in my checking account

poo
    edited December 2013
    sixty hours this week, making me the fully fledged cog in the capitalism machine i always dreamed of being

no more thoughts of holiday cheer or egg nog or spending time with loved ones or christmas themed anime...i'm finally free

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    not watching that

summarize?

The title is "I re-volunteer to publicly behead that forger foreigner fatwa faggot fraud."

Which I am guessing is all the summary you really need.

That is quite some alliteration.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I have had little motivation to leave my bed at all today. Part of me wants to just curl up and go to sleep so that it can be Monday, so that work will give me a reason to leave the house.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Surgeon General's Warning: this video is derived from pure, unadulterated dumbshit stupid, please don't ingest without the safety net of being absolutely sloshed.

Also, and this really goes without saying, but don't publicly volunteer to behead the President of the United States.

that's a technical foul

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    anyway tl; dr

you can have a norm of not punishing or pursuing jean valjean

you cannot have a norm of not caring whether jean valjean was actually unable to afford the stolen loaf of bread. Especially not in the case of taxes, where people who have a lot of wealth to be taxed, are highly-motivated to disguise that wealth as untaxable

aRkpc.gif
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I, for one, always enjoy reading @ronya posts because of the way they are written; it's like a kind of adventure trying to figure out what ronya is really saying, and 9 times out of 10 it's thought provoking and worth the effort.

I also write a lot and in stream of consciousness style especially, so I appreciate others who do so.

488W936.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

Well, that's one way to ask the Secret Service for a colonoscopy.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Elldren wrote: »
    not watching that

summarize?

But there's just so much good stuff!
    I wanna tell you guys something, and this got me in trouble one time before, I'll say it again

When that pervert homo... F****t muslim fraud, gets convicted in a court of law...

For putting forth a fordulent-, a fraudulent birth certificate, I wanna volunteer, I want first place, I ask for dibs

He needs to be publicly beheaded, in a public form, to send a message to the world, that we will not tolerate a foreigner coming here and doing this ever again

We aint gon' tolerate it ever again

And I volunteer to be the guy that beheads him

Man you guys don't think this is important!

*egg clock*

Personally, the egg clock just gets me every time.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I don't know what went wrong - the rice I cooked for dinner tonight has turned into gooey rice paste.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I don't know what went wrong - the rice I cooked for dinner tonight has turned into gooey rice paste.

Rice not rinsed and/or rice cooked too long and/or cheap rice.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Hey, my cats like the crappy Hickory Farms sausage.

Problem solved.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    As a manufacturer of guillotines and guillotine accessories,

or not cooked long enough, assuming you cannot recognize rice mid-cooking

aRkpc.gif
    See, this is why I usually settle for making rice porridge.

Because to me it's all a mush in the end anyway dohohoho

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    There has been a suspicious rise in the amount of crap rice for sale in recent months.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    japan wrote: »

Rice not rinsed and/or rice cooked too long and/or cheap rice.

Most likely the second one. I was fussing with the biscuits in the oven and forgot about the rice on the stove.

yes!

i was able to use your coupon thing so maybe it will work for you now

I think I need a rice cooker.

:s

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

yes!

I got a heavyweight sweatshirt for christmas. It fits beautifully and the quality makes me never want to buy another brand of anything ever again. It came with a little american flag sticker and I put it on my travel for work suitcase. American Giant literally turned me into a patriot.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    everytime.

ONE DAY MORE!
    @Hakkekage

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    There has been a suspicious rise in the amount of crap rice for sale in recent months.

Perhaps because [disparaging statement about rice and people who eat rice] and [overwrought praise of quinoa]

This discussion has been closed.