As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

holiday forum memorial [chat] and sausage cookoff championship

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    status update: wargame airland battle is the best rts to come out in years, maybe since the first CoH...it's good. buy it if you get a shot

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Kagera wrote: »
    He finally finds a bunch of games to play on his Atari. It is all the copies of E.T. that were buried in the desert.

I actually had that game

I uh

I kind of liked it

it was real easy to beat

and you could beat it, which was kind of novel in 1984 or whenever

rRwz9.gif
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Harley was so happy to se us today!

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    help

me and @weirdspaceships can't stop coming up with terrible Archie comic premises

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    This is an old video but I've never seen it before

Some dude reprogrammed the animatronic animals from a kid's pizza place to play Baby Huey

http://youtu.be/Fd5c3Qtcr_w

there is apparently a whole documentary movie about people who collect these things

rRwz9.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    help

me and @weirdspaceships can't stop coming up with terrible Archie comic premises

Share with the class, please.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Book of Eli's conceit was dumb.

the bible is the only thing that can repair a shattered civilisation

praise Mormon Jesus

The Bible is the most widely printed and translated book in history

Treasured by its devotees, many of whom would be willing to die to protect it

Yet somehow there is only one copy left anywhere

Somehow

yeah, like

even if I granted everything else about the movie

the idea that there are no bibles left in motel rooms or people's homes or libraries or bookstores or anything is just...lol

when I saw the trailer I had a sinking feeling it would be the Bible based on the sheer portentousness of the movie title, but I was hoping it would be a copy of "The Way Things Work" or even the last copy of Playboy #1 with Marilyn Monroe or something

Make it really meta

It is the last copy of A Canticle for Liebowitz

Feral

no matter what else happens between us

I will always love you because of this one post

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    help

Share with the class, please.

the last batch direct from gchat
    Simon: Archie Starts A Bacchanalia
    Caitlynn: Archie Discovers His Animal Soul
    Simon: Archie Devours The Still-Beating Heart Of A Horse
    Caitlynn: Archie Steps On Grapes Like When You Make Wine Except He Does It In A Grocery Store And For No Reason
    Simon: Archie Stands Outside Jughead's Window At 3AM And Watches Him Sleep
    Caitlynn: Archie Yells Out Reggie's Name But Then Looks Away When Reggie Looks To See Who It Is
    Simon: Archie Insists On Doing 'Bat Out Of Hell' At Karaoke Without Realising He Is Tone-Deaf
    Caitlynn: Archie Vomits Ceaselessly Into Washing Machine

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    those things are goddamn terrifying
    the chucky cheese ones weren't that bad were they?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    He finally finds a bunch of games to play on his Atari. It is all the copies of E.T. that were buried in the desert.

I actually had that game

I uh

I kind of liked it

it was real easy to beat

I guess a lot of the complaints about its difficulty were just from people who misunderstood how the perspective worked.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    radagast's red velvet pancake puppies

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Fucking Up.

it's making me cry again.

Goddamn emotions.

Why can't i be a cold, emotionless robot?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I actually had that game

I uh

I kind of liked it

it was real easy to beat

I guess a lot of the complaints about its difficulty were just from people who misunderstood how the perspective worked.

You can beat it in 4 minutes. What did Atari cartridges cost back then? $50?

emnmnme wrote: »

I actually had that game

I uh

I kind of liked it

it was real easy to beat

You can beat Dark Souls in 25 minutes.

Not much of an improvement since the 70s.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Currently plotting the best way for undead to devour your still-warm corpses in our upcoming Burning Dead game

@Casual Eddy

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Uvr92ut.png

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    oh and skappy my american giant hoodie arrived and i loves it

so comfy and warm the small fits perfectly. think i might get a heavyweight next.

yes!

I have decided AG is my jam over the other brand

I am going to order their sweatpants next

i was able to use your coupon thing so maybe it will work for you now

oh yes they sent me a voucher thing

yesssss

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I actually had that game

I uh

I kind of liked it

it was real easy to beat

It was panned for being too difficult.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

pls let me in on this AG coupon action!

oh I think it has to be your first purchase but maybe not

i can send you my code if you want, or @casual eddy can try his

Bethryn wrote: »
    Uvr92ut.png

Thanks, Bethryn.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    My American Giant size is XL because I am a big boy who needs a big boy hoodie. The best part is that the cut assumes that your chest is larger than your gut, which is the case with me and means that it automatically looks tailored and super flattering.

I'm so glad I'm at least reasonably proportioned enough that clothes don't look weird on me.

I got real tired of premium brands topping out at chest sizes that are too small and mainstream brands assuming that if I wear an XL, I must have a huge pot belly, leaving giant drapes of unused fabric. I should just lose about 20 pounds and slip into premium large but...

Women's clothing is weird because I really, really need a tall, but some stores don't offer those, instead assuming everyone is gonna be between five feet and five eight. But when stores do have a tall, I'm pretty reasonably framed, which is extremely nice. Whoo androgyny.

Best thing about transgirls is that they all tend to be real tall. Makes it easier to have legs that go all the way down to the floor, etc.

Cinders

And yep. Tgirls who transitioned after puberty have a male distribution of heights, which is basically the female distribution+4 inches. So plenty of us are tall.

I basically never need heels.

Thanks, Bethryn.
    No problem, my mission statement is to answer all rhetorical questions in the most awkward way possible.

They're renaming Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars sequel to Han Yolo.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Thanks, Bethryn.
    No problem, my mission statement is to answer all rhetorical questions in the most awkward way possible.

<3

It being almost a full year, I now do declare the best YouTube video I've seen this year to be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaqpoeVgr8U

This one. By far.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    This is an old video but I've never seen it before

Some dude reprogrammed the animatronic animals from a kid's pizza place to play Baby Huey

http://youtu.be/Fd5c3Qtcr_w

there is apparently a whole documentary movie about people who collect these things
    At the screening of the documentary I went to they set up those animatronics on the lawn outside the theater.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I hate hate HATE that ultimate team in Madden 25 needs to be online-only, against random people.

I would sign up for a league in a heartbeat if there was a way to do that... but Ultimate team is the mode I want to play, and I have to deal with kids screaming in my ear and people hate-dropping the game in the 4th quarter.

Fucking hell, its ruining an otherwise good mode in this game. It basically blends a collectible card game with Madden in which you start with a random draw deck that is tilted towards a certain playstyle, and there are challenges that either give you specific player cards, or booster packs. This is complete with an auction house, the ability to share cards with friends, etc.

The "deck" you build is your team, and there are "chemistry" ratings (like 6 or 7) that show how well your team is built for offense passing, or offense running, defensive coverage, etc. etc. - It's a fucking glorious blend of strategy and collectables with the game of football, and it is being fucking ruined by 9 year olds for me.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I went out for some casual beers with friends, had some nice food and am now in my own bed. Things are grand.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Currently plotting the best way for undead to devour your still-warm corpses in our upcoming Burning Dead game

@Casual Eddy

yeah but i'll have a steam powered cross bow so

VgmbbLR.png

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    catching up on Achewood

what the holy fuck is going on, Onstad

That Guy Fieri gag. Oh no.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    should i buy an american giant hoodie

919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote: »

yep

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

yep