As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, December 30, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 29: Now We Console The Loser

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, December 30, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 29: Now We Console The Loser

CheckPoint breaks down the console wars! Who won? Who lost? Who cares!

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    jcrsantiagojcrsantiago Registered User new member
    Good Bye Penny Arcade, you will be missed.

• Options
    PugironPugiron Registered User regular
    Goodbye Penny Arcade. I'll be following the LRR crew and leaving this shitty site behind!

• Options
    WavefireWavefire Registered User new member
    Don't know that I'll leave PA over this but losing PAR and Checkpoint really sucks. A bad decision by the PA crew.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    @Pugiron: Please believe me when I say you won't be missed.

I'll miss PATV and PAR, but I still love Tycho's news updates. Funny, insightful, and relevant- it's the trifecta of blogging! And the comic is still plenty good, too.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    dead.juicedead.juice Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I like all these people that came out of the woodwork and decide to break free of the shackles of Penny Arcade, (that they applied themselves by being too lazy or stupid to go to Youtube or another site hosting them).
    These people must hate the government for making our currency solely based on heavy little coins (unaware that cash exist), or curse themselves for not being able to answer the door for pizza deliveries.

dead.juice on
  • Options
    jedidethfreakjedidethfreak Registered User regular
    My wife - "Save the tiger."
    Me - "Fuck that. I'm voting the dragon"
    Her - "They can eat a person whole."
    Me - "IT'S A DRAGON!!!"

Wind Fish in name only, for it is neither.
  • Options
    IndyComoIndyComo Registered User regular
    @dead.juice
    Get with the news. They aren't "breaking free", PA got rid of them. You've got it backwards.

• Options
    JeremiadJeremiad Registered User regular
    Are you people retarded? You do know you can go to more than one website on the internet right?

Though I guess with checkpoint gone I'll only need to check penny arcade often enough to remember that the comic still isn't funny.

• Options
    MoganMogan Registered User regular
    @Jeremiad
    You're so edgy and cool.

• Options
    koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Aw no pax east this year.

• Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    I'm really going to miss writing all the lower thirds (the jokes at the bottom of the screen) for this. Read carefully for a teenage crush confession!

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I'm really going to miss writing all the lower thirds (the jokes at the bottom of the screen) for this. Read carefully for a teenage crush confession!
    So Ace Rimmer or regular Rimmer? 'cause I can understand Ace. Regular Rimmer, not so much.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Regular Rimmer. Ace Rimmer is a twat.

• Options
    AlanaAlana Registered User new member
    I love homestuck but I totally dated the spaceship first and I had no regrets.

(... and then I dated the Homestuck characters.)

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    We will miss Kathleen being the only person on PATV who actually shows up in the forums. Clearly, you are a glutton for punishment.

• Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    I'd totes play a Tomb Raider dating sim.

• Options
    DrakkonDrakkon Registered User regular
    And now half the reason I even come here is gone.

• Options
    bottlefacebottleface Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I don't think I've ever actually looked at twitch tv. I guess I'll have to now to see what kind of shenanigans you folks get up to there. Hopefully some of them will be checkpoint esque. Not sure where to find entertaining gaming news type stuff now.

Edit: just realized I missed last week's episode due to Christmas. Yay I'm so glad Checkpoint will continue to exist sort of!

bottleface on
  • Options
    Samus AranSamus Aran Registered User regular
    Well so long penny arcade :/

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    While I'll miss Extra Credits on here more, still a shame to see you go.

I guess I'll have to dredge up more than one domain on my average internet session now.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Bravo25Bravo25 Registered User regular
    Guess I won't ever have to worry about supporting another PA kickstarter when all they do is cut content/support. Bright side to everything! :)

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    We will miss Kathleen being the only person on PATV who actually shows up in the forums. Clearly, you are a glutton for punishment.

I read EVERY SINGLE COMMENT on Strip Search when it went up too. I love to hate myself.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    bottleface wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever actually looked at twitch tv. I guess I'll have to now to see what kind of shenanigans you folks get up to there. Hopefully some of them will be checkpoint esque. Not sure where to find entertaining gaming news type stuff now.

Edit: just realized I missed last week's episode due to Christmas. Yay I'm so glad Checkpoint will continue to exist sort of!

http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/2014/01/02/introducing-the-yrr-of-lrr-livestream-schedule/

Scroll down to the bottom. Or if you're lazy, the relevant information is here:
    Monday 12 PM Pacific/3 PM Eastern/8 PM UK
    CheckPoint lives on, filmed before a live internet audience! Kathleen, Graham, and Paul keep you up to date on the latest and stupidest gaming industry news, while sharing their views on the most egregious examples of idiocy. The term “lambast” is applicable.

Kathleen_LRR on
  • Options
    likalarukulikalaruku Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm confused....Are the fans abandoning PA because PATV is gone, or is PA being abandoned by the creators like the Chapman Brothers abandoned Homestar Runner? I stopped reading Tycho's news posts because they're too poetic for my brain to translate into useful information. It's like reading a LOTR chapter where Galadriel prattles on, eccentially saying the same thing over & over, but takes her sweet time getting to the point.

I came here for the comics, but I have noticed that PATV tends to garner far more comments than the focal point of the site. I can still watch all of them on Youtube anyway.

likalaruku on
  • Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    @likalaruku: Tycho never made the details clear, but it seems they (Tycho and Gabe) decided they wanted to keep things simple. They experimented with offering multiple services (i.e. PATV, PAR), but in the end, all they really want to do is make comics. That was the driving reason behind the ad-free kickstarter, and I believe it's the driving reason behind re-simplifying the site.

The people who are commenting about "being free from PA now that PATV is gone" are just... words I can't use for fear of incurring an infraction- and I refuse to say "silly geese". But at the very least they're clearly too ignorant to know that there was no reason to come to PA for their favorite show(s) in the first place, and too lazy to look for alternatives.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.