As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reaction tracking is borked

joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class TraitorSmoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
This really isn't a huge deal, but going to check on who has reacted to my posts shows just a single page of agrees and awesomes with bros not showing up at all. There are reactions tracked from posts prior to and after the Christmas Hangout, so it isn't something as simple as a time cutoff.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    It is not borked, it is working as intended.

Think about how the holiday forum works. For most of the year you guys can't even see it because it is hidden away in the aether. We do this using permissions, obviously, so for 362 days of the year you have no permission to see that forum or its content. This doesn't change when you're retrieving posts via the reaction list, either. Those posts of hidden from you in the main forum AND in the reaction list.

For a more black and white example: if you were made a moderator for 3 days, and during that time you posted in the moderator forum and received some reactions on your posts, when you were de-modded would you expect to still have access to those posts? Nope. They're in the mod forum which you can't access anymore. The exact same system is in use with the Holiday Forum, even though its not because of the posts themselves, but the forum they're in.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think that Josh is saying that no bros are showing up on his page.

In fact, looking at my "bro" list (when you click on the bro number), while the count is right, it only shows bros that I've received since the Holiday Hangout closed.

If I give Josh a bro (as I have done in testing this post), it is the only one that shows up on his reaction page. Take it away, and his reaction page is empty again.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Posts from the normal forums aren't showing up either though? Any posts pre Hangout aren't there in the profile section.

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah I only have one Bro example visible on my profile, and I know I did not get 432 bros in the holiday forums.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I think that Josh is saying that no bros are showing up on his page.

In fact, looking at my "bro" list (when you click on the bro number), while the count is right, it only shows bros that I've received since the Holiday Hangout closed.

If I give Josh a bro (as I have done in testing this post), it is the only one that shows up on his reaction page. Take it away, and his reaction page is empty again.

That is exactly what I mean, thanks.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Hm. So its just Bro?'s ?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Nope, all reaction types are similarly messed up.

EDIT: If it helps, I am 99% sure that this wasn't happening until after the troubles we just had last night.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    yeah, My bros and agrees are having the same problem, though my awesomes are fine

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    My awesome tab is currently empty.

Agree and Bro seem to be working fine.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    none of my pre-hangout reactions are showing up

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I've got one or two pre-hangout reactions appearing, which seems odder than if they were all missing.

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Sometimes pages breaks, try adding &page=p2 to the end of the url and see if that shows your extra stuff

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    This is odd, because I seem to remember this was working last night when I went to bed, after the Holiday Hangout shenanigans were resolved.

I remember having to click 'load more comments' about 4 times to get past the blank stretch that was the Holiday Hangout. Now I don't even see the option.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Okay did that one I just gave you show up on your bro list?

I think I'm having the same problems but I haven't gotten any bros since the holiday forum.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ok, so for me the only reactions page working as intended is for the 'Bro?'s. this could be because all the 'Bro?'s i've received are from before the switch to the Holiday Hangout. none over christmas week, none since the HH went away.

with 'Agree' and 'Awesome' i can see the reactions from immediately before the switch and since the switch back, but the 'next page' option is missing for both of those while its still there in the 'Bro?' section.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I have received reactions of all kinds before the HH, all kinds during the HH, and all kinds afterward.

Right now I can only see reactions for posts that received those reactions after the HH - if an old post of mine gets a new reaction it will be on the list, but not otherwise.

I have received Awesomes since the HH ended, but I cannot see them. I can only assume that it's people with access to the HH still replying to whatever was posted there, probably the "draw a reindeer" thread

It seems like only posts that are getting reactions after the HH close are showing up in my list

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I'll chime in and say that my reactions are borked as well. My bros seem to be ok, but I can only see the agrees and awesomes since the closure of the holiday forums.
    not that we are narcissist, but I use my reactions as a bit of a bookmark for searching through my posts for content that I posted a month or two ago that others deemed relevant, like my quick guide to warframe a few threads ago.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I can't see more than the last couple of days of reactions for agrees, awesomes OR bros

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i can't go past the first page for awesomes/agrees either. i thought it was because I crested 1k agrees and it like, reset or something.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't think I can see any reactions past the ending of the holiday hangout.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2013
    It's Icy's way of telling us to stop living in the past.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah this is actually a good thing for me, I can focus on making good posts in the future rather than basking in my (rather limited) past glory.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My reactions allow me to see the first "page" (i.e. the first five posts) of each, but no way to go to the next page.

As the OP mentioned, not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying, because occasionally I can't exactly remember a turn of phrase that I know I made in one of them and now I can't go back if I ever need to find one.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    My Agrees and Bros are borked, but my Awesomes appear to be fine. I believe this to be a new development though, I think I remember them being broken, but they're fixed now.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    My Agrees are the only ones borked. I think it's because I got some Agrees in the holiday forum, so it's looking for those and not finding them, and not looking for anything earlier than them.
    I wasn't Awesome over the holidays, so that works fine.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If I had to guess (and I'm no expert), I'd say that the reactions from the holiday forum are "invisible" on the reaction pages, but still counting towards the total that it will display on a page. However, since they can't be seen, the function to give you a link to the next page of reactions is not appearing because it's not counting enough entries on that first page to justify there being a "Next Page" link.

Thus if someone didn't get a lot of reactions in the holiday forum, they can still see some reactions from before it, but if they did then they may only be able to see the ones gained since then. And if they didn't get any reactions of that type on the holiday forum it will work like normal.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I found a bit of a work-around

you can type in a page number in the url, like so:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/reactions/28378/YaYa?Page=p?&reaction=agree

wherein ?= a desired page

and it'll take you past the holiday forum block and you can navigate as normal from there

not ideal, but workable!

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Lars wrote: »
    If I had to guess (and I'm no expert), I'd say that the reactions from the holiday forum are "invisible" on the reaction pages, but still counting towards the total that it will display on a page. However, since they can't be seen, the function to give you a link to the next page of reactions is not appearing because it's not counting enough entries on that first page to justify there being a "Next Page" link.

Thus if someone didn't get a lot of reactions in the holiday forum, they can still see some reactions from before it, but if they did then they may only be able to see the ones gained since then. And if they didn't get any reactions of that type on the holiday forum it will work like normal.

Supporting example: I got reactions on maybe two posts in the holiday whiskey thread and my reaction views are fine.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    Not sure if it was intentional, but all reaction tracking has once again disappeared. I tried on a few different forumers and nobody has visible reaction tracking anymore.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I can't see mine either.

Maybe related, but I just had that thing on Mobile Browsing again where everything kinda loads in broken and white.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Same here, browsing on an Xperia phone and Chrome browser - no reaction posts and no formatting.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Same here, for what it's worth.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yaya's little workaround does actually work, if you can figure out what user number you need for the person you're trying to view the reactions of.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Spotted this one and let Vanilla know already

• Options
    It appears to be fixed, thanks!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Maybe an issue; if ya go into your own reactions and click one, the stuff at the left of the page turns into Edit Profile settings, rather than browsing stuff.

Oh brilliant