As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Season 2 Episode 3 - The Dragon's Reach Part 1 (Use Spoiler Tags!)

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Sounds like they couldn't beat us so they joined us instead. Good on them.

• Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    So, ascended Armour is pretty rad! Finally have my Ele lookings about as good as I think I will be able to make her.

btpHv6i.jpg?1

Lagnar on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    image.jpg

Still working on the dye job. the cloth bit is tricky.... every single color reacts differently (ie 1 red makes the white part red.... another makes just the edging red but the center darker. )

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hmm. Why is the winsome elf maiden not downloading ? Are those Derp weenies still waving their electronic penises around ?

Ah, there she goes. Being even more coy than usual.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    Lagnar wrote: »
    So, ascended Armour is pretty rad! Finally have my Ele lookings about as good as I think I will be able to make her.

btpHv6i.jpg?1

Unfortunately it appears Zorax the Zenix, Cosmic Overlord, has grafted one of his Omnitronic Mind Control Helmets onto Lagnar.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Man, so, that one guy from Reddit never did post the results of his badly designed demographics poll, so I'm thinking of making another one. Should I do the thing?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Man, so, that one guy from Reddit never did post the results of his badly designed demographics poll, so I'm thinking of making another one. Should I do the thing?
    Don't bother, you'll probably get tied up in drama, the response rate will be lower because people hate filling out the same few questions every few weeks and it's actually quite a bit of work to process the results of a large questionnaire.

• Options
    Seems like Anet could do the basic demographics pretty easy. Like take the character with the most hours from each account (maybe split between all accounts ever and ones that have logged at least an hour in the last month). They really need to make some in game surveys. Tie a small achievement or other thingy to it as an incentive.

Tab-U-Tron(?), I am sure, could use the work.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Hey,

Remember when Anet said they wanted to have all kinds of features with this game. Like integrating phones and tablets. Anyone think they'll ever do this?
    I dont play WvW much, but I'm thinking a tablet app that has your BL and alerts when swords come up around the map would be pretty damn awesome. Is there any chance that someone out of arenanet can do this?

Or how about something like the event tracker website but for a tablet, it will pop up the events that should be popping in the next 20 minutes. This would be awesome for a tablet that I can have on my desk while I play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I mostly just wish there was a tablet/phone edition of the crafting guides.

• Options
    mos works on phones and tabs.

you can watch the bls to your hearts content in real time. but why?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    warder808 wrote: »
    Hey,

Remember when Anet said they wanted to have all kinds of features with this game. Like integrating phones and tablets. Anyone think they'll ever do this?
    I dont play WvW much, but I'm thinking a tablet app that has your BL and alerts when swords come up around the map would be pretty damn awesome. Is there any chance that someone out of arenanet can do this?

Or how about something like the event tracker website but for a tablet, it will pop up the events that should be popping in the next 20 minutes. This would be awesome for a tablet that I can have on my desk while I play.

Anets strategy at this point is to develop their API, and let the community develop the tools we want to use.

Here is a website that is pretty clean that does the event tracking: http://gw2.thelazy.net/events.html

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Well the API for events and such is from ANet, so I guess maybe they are just testing it for potential android/ios release in future? It is a bit disappointing that map viewing and guild chat app that they talked about before launch isn't a reality yet. I guess there were some problems in development.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    The API hooks for logged in functions are still under development. They said it will be something akin to eve where you generate an access key that lets programs access ingame functions like guild chat.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Because you get more information from mos than you do from the in-game map.

e.g. on some of the apps, you can see the buffs applied to camps (e.g. where +5 sup is), as well as the timer remaining on the camp buff. The latter is particularly useful for commanders.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Yo! Melee train folks!

I'm back from the east coast and I'm putting together a thing that'll hopefully go on the NICE tumblr. More information TBA (either later tonight or tomorrow) - for now just know that it's still on and I haven't forgotten about you or anything.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    qwqwqwqw.jpg

Best Gardian

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Sounds like they couldn't beat us so they joined us instead. Good on them.

Er. I'm on Sea of Sorrows. They may have split up though.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    mos works on phones and tabs.

Ok. What is mos?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If you signed up for the melee train read this! Some of it you may have already seen, but there are a few changes and there's more incoming. I believe the current signups are Fenny, Doomy, Invectivus, Who-Psyd, Chibi, Cyreniea, Badwrong, Yngvar, Batavia, Tamarsk, Kai-San, and Viv. All youse guys should go to the google doc mentioned (and linked) below if you're still interested.

Team Tryhard is more than just the melee train though. The melee train has some difficulties: it only uses two classes, it's tricky to use if we're running tagless, it requires a certain critical mass of people to show up, and it needs Guardians, which NICE is sometimes short on and I don't want to hog them all. So instead of just doing a warrior/guardian thing, I'm looking for the following classes: Warrior, Guardian, Necromancer, Elementalist. If you have one of those four, and are willing to dedicate that toon primarily to WvW, then this is for you. If you don't have one of those four classes, sign up in the google doc anyway so I can see how many of you there are.

This is the google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap0eryO5km6WdGZiMms2NWVPSFBZdFZ2X3VRWVAyWkE&usp=sharing

Team Tryhard
    Team Tryhard (formerly known as YSTNFASBS) is a group of dedicated WvW'ers within NICE. The unfortunate truth is that GW2 is not balanced around WvW, and certain classes/builds are stronger than others - and more so than that, certain combinations of classes/builds are stronger than others. In order to use these we need a higher level of coordination, but we don't want to impose that on NICE as a whole - it'll disrupt fun, and that would suck. So instead we find a group of players within NICE who are willing to do this sort of thing, and who volunteer upfront to do it.

Here are some notes about what is and isn't required:

What is required:
    1. You must be willing to change your build, within reason (we can be somewhat flexible)
    2. You must be willing to play in a coordinated way. To some extent, success in WvW comes by way of playing like a bunch of trained seals, doing certain things at certain times. If nothing else, it's a starting point from which to further refine our tactics.
    3. You must be willing to take on challenging stuff. We're going to be trying to do things that are hard, like consistently win fights when outnumbered and just generally being awesome at everything.
    4. Whenever possible, I'd like you to show up for Monday WvW. We may spend 5-10 minutes running through stuff before we head out.

What's not required:
    1. You don't have to be some elite pvp superstar. I mean, I'm not one, so I can't expect others to be.
    2. There's no minimum time requirement or anything, nor a schedule you have to meet (I'd like Monday to be Team Tryhard night but I'm not gonna be taking attendance or anything). It's best if you play regularly (like 3 times a week or more), but it's not required.
    3. No one is gonna be raging at you. We'll be trying to do challenging things, and we'll be honest with ourselves and try to improve when we fail (and we will fail sometimes), but we're not gonna let frustration get the better of us.
    4. This will be open to all experience levels. Even if you don't WvW that often (or at all), if you're willing to get on board with the stuff in the "what is required" section then you're welcome in Team Tryhard.
    5. Alts are fine, it doesn't have to be your main (alts may even be better, since we'll be using WvW-designed builds that may suck for PvE)

What do I do?

Step one: go to this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap0eryO5km6WdGZiMms2NWVPSFBZdFZ2X3VRWVAyWkE&usp=sharing

Put in your forum name, character name, and class (and any alts you WvW with). In this case your "WvW main" is the character you most often WvW with (remember we're going to be using specific builds so you may not want to bring your PvE main if you have one). Also include the times you generally play on weekdays (this is just to get a sense of how many east coast vs. west coast vs. other people we have in case we schedule something). The time thing doesn't have to be super specific, just make the best guess you can at when you're most likely to be on.

Step two: pick one of the below builds. If you already had a character for the melee train, check the build again because I've made a couple of slight changes (nothing that requires regearing). If you're not level 80 yet, follow the build as closely as you can. As far as gear goes, you don't have to have exactly the gear I've listed, but you should have something close to it (exotic is fine BTW, though ascended is great if you have it). For example, the guardian build should have lots of healing power (900+ is best), but the exact distribution of what stats go on what trinkets/armor/weapon slot doesn't matter. For the Elementalist I've listed celestial gear, but you can use either soldier's or a mix of soldier's/knight's/berserker's too (don't go full zerker though). Here are the builds:

Guardian: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJAWRlUgqCnFSPEf4ESmiRKBxUwRZ01DHKhYIA-jUCBofBi+IQJoDZNJFMLCqyqIasqZER16kY2zFRrWKgiUGB-w

Warrior option one (more CC): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBiYDbk0p5N5xFCHOggUohZhSBcUHpHiBakGA-jkCBofCy0HwEIAUBQZPFRjtyqIasqZCyKbYqXJ1euIa1SBUkyI-w

Warrior option two (more damage): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR8XjcOFvxQuQMxBEkCNMLMKGCgQ9wO2w2A-j0CBYfCykFw0HBK7hQjNBCpMqIas6FYKXDpW/CyamIq2dATKAmEGB-w

Elementalist: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWnEEVZYzBKHQlYAg8wFTYRUwiyDc2xGA-j0BBYjA0HAJfFRjtmpIasqaER1qkY2cFRrWKgiUGB-w

Necromancer: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRLePTTUjfPBIp46njUM8yUPcP9zB-jUyAofBZ6TgJCQZvhsmAjYboIas6aMlLRUtBvIa1SBso0I-w

Step three: Wait for me to finish writing more stuff. I'm the middle of a WvW playbook that'll cover what I want us to do in more detail. It should be ready either tomorrow or Saturday.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Friday WvW is here! 745 rally. And a new contest approaces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8-Y-fIbqM

I am out of new wvw music! Thats it. as i stomp through wvw much like a Godzilla through Tokyo... i wonder what the next music will be.

You can help.... and earn SPARKLES!

The next five posts here to include wvw music suggestions will recieve a sparkle. 1 per a person. link it to youtube.

WVW . its friday. get hype.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    If you signed up for the melee train read this! Some of it you may have already seen, but there are a few changes and there's more incoming. I believe the current signups are Fenny, Doomy, Invectivus, Who-Psyd, Chibi, Cyreniea, Badwrong, Yngvar, Batavia, Tamarsk, Kai-San, and Viv. All youse guys should go to the google doc mentioned (and linked) below if you're still interested.

Team Tryhard is more than just the melee train though. The melee train has some difficulties: it only uses two classes, it's tricky to use if we're running tagless, it requires a certain critical mass of people to show up, and it needs Guardians, which NICE is sometimes short on and I don't want to hog them all. So instead of just doing a warrior/guardian thing, I'm looking for the following classes: Warrior, Guardian, Necromancer, Elementalist. If you have one of those four, and are willing to dedicate that toon primarily to WvW, then this is for you. If you don't have one of those four classes, sign up in the google doc anyway so I can see how many of you there are.

This is the google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap0eryO5km6WdGZiMms2NWVPSFBZdFZ2X3VRWVAyWkE&usp=sharing

Team Tryhard
    Team Tryhard (formerly known as YSTNFASBS) is a group of dedicated WvW'ers within NICE. The unfortunate truth is that GW2 is not balanced around WvW, and certain classes/builds are stronger than others - and more so than that, certain combinations of classes/builds are stronger than others. In order to use these we need a higher level of coordination, but we don't want to impose that on NICE as a whole - it'll disrupt fun, and that would suck. So instead we find a group of players within NICE who are willing to do this sort of thing, and who volunteer upfront to do it.

Here are some notes about what is and isn't required:

What is required:
    1. You must be willing to change your build, within reason (we can be somewhat flexible)
    2. You must be willing to play in a coordinated way. To some extent, success in WvW comes by way of playing like a bunch of trained seals, doing certain things at certain times. If nothing else, it's a starting point from which to further refine our tactics.
    3. You must be willing to take on challenging stuff. We're going to be trying to do things that are hard, like consistently win fights when outnumbered and just generally being awesome at everything.
    4. Whenever possible, I'd like you to show up for Monday WvW. We may spend 5-10 minutes running through stuff before we head out.

What's not required:
    1. You don't have to be some elite pvp superstar. I mean, I'm not one, so I can't expect others to be.
    2. There's no minimum time requirement or anything, nor a schedule you have to meet (I'd like Monday to be Team Tryhard night but I'm not gonna be taking attendance or anything). It's best if you play regularly (like 3 times a week or more), but it's not required.
    3. No one is gonna be raging at you. We'll be trying to do challenging things, and we'll be honest with ourselves and try to improve when we fail (and we will fail sometimes), but we're not gonna let frustration get the better of us.
    4. This will be open to all experience levels. Even if you don't WvW that often (or at all), if you're willing to get on board with the stuff in the "what is required" section then you're welcome in Team Tryhard.
    5. Alts are fine, it doesn't have to be your main (alts may even be better, since we'll be using WvW-designed builds that may suck for PvE)

What do I do?

Step one: go to this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap0eryO5km6WdGZiMms2NWVPSFBZdFZ2X3VRWVAyWkE&usp=sharing

Put in your forum name, character name, and class (and any alts you WvW with). In this case your "WvW main" is the character you most often WvW with (remember we're going to be using specific builds so you may not want to bring your PvE main if you have one). Also include the times you generally play on weekdays (this is just to get a sense of how many east coast vs. west coast vs. other people we have in case we schedule something). The time thing doesn't have to be super specific, just make the best guess you can at when you're most likely to be on.

Step two: pick one of the below builds. If you already had a character for the melee train, check the build again because I've made a couple of slight changes (nothing that requires regearing). If you're not level 80 yet, follow the build as closely as you can. As far as gear goes, you don't have to have exactly the gear I've listed, but you should have something close to it (exotic is fine BTW, though ascended is great if you have it). For example, the guardian build should have lots of healing power (900+ is best), but the exact distribution of what stats go on what trinkets/armor/weapon slot doesn't matter. For the Elementalist I've listed celestial gear, but you can use either soldier's or a mix of soldier's/knight's/berserker's too (don't go full zerker though). Here are the builds:

Guardian: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJAWRlUgqCnFSPEf4ESmiRKBxUwRZ01DHKhYIA-jUCBofBi+IQJoDZNJFMLCqyqIasqZER16kY2zFRrWKgiUGB-w

Warrior option one (more CC): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBiYDbk0p5N5xFCHOggUohZhSBcUHpHiBakGA-jkCBofCy0HwEIAUBQZPFRjtyqIasqZCyKbYqXJ1euIa1SBUkyI-w

Warrior option two (more damage): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR8XjcOFvxQuQMxBEkCNMLMKGCgQ9wO2w2A-j0CBYfCykFw0HBK7hQjNBCpMqIas6FYKXDpW/CyamIq2dATKAmEGB-w

Elementalist: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWnEEVZYzBKHQlYAg8AAXYRUwiyDA2xGA-j0BBYjA0HAJfFRjtmpIasqaER1qkY2cFRrWKgiUGB-w

Necromancer: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRLePTTUjfPBIpIarjUM8yUPcP9zB-jUyAofBZ6TgJCQZvhsmAjYboIas6aMlLRUtBvIa1SBso0I-w

Step three: Wait for me to finish writing more stuff. I'm the middle of a WvW playbook that'll cover what I want us to do in more detail. It should be ready either tomorrow or Saturday.

When did you plan to do this? If I'm around, I'll make the time to join. I have a guardian or an elementalist which could help here. Both are 80.

• Options
    @badwrong - did your comeback gain traction? Or did the holidays snuff it out?

Wolvesight is done for a bit, I spoke with him the other day.

• Options

... are you sure that your Death Magic traits should include Minion Master? Because you're not using minions... I think maybe you forgot to update that since the switch for Greater Marks. Shouldn't it be Greater Marks and Shrouded Removal?

Oh also for Elementalist, your first two traits on Arcane and Water are missing entirely. Yeah, this is def. the result of the trait switches and these haven't been updated since.

• Options
    Its not quite the usual Blood & Guts music for wuv, but I've been playing Trine 2, and I'm rather found of one of its battle themes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWaZ62J4lzw&noredirect=1

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww
    It was between this or Curse of Feanor, maybe Battlefield

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Gem<->Gold is getting shook up a bit right now. Wonder how much it will climb.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options

... are you sure that your Death Magic traits should include Minion Master? Because you're not using minions... I think maybe you forgot to update that since the switch for Greater Marks. Shouldn't it be Greater Marks and Shrouded Removal?

Oh also for Elementalist, your first two traits on Arcane and Water are missing entirely. Yeah, this is def. the result of the trait switches and these haven't been updated since.

deeeeeerp

I noticed that they put in the new healing skills but forgot about the trait changes. Gonna edit in a minute.

Ardor: the first bits happened in the couple weeks before Christmas. I'm hoping to get people together on Monday nights. Also, sign up on the google doc!

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2014

deeeeeerp

I noticed that they put in the new healing skills but forgot about the trait changes. Gonna edit in a minute.

Ardor: the first bits happened in the couple weeks before Christmas. I'm hoping to get people together on Monday nights. Also, sign up on the google doc!

Y'KNOW..., I have a level 80 necro and while I need to get her better armor and skins I actually like*, I'd actually be happy to re-trait her into this and give it a go, since she's not my PVE main. Unfortunately my schedule is weird so I don't know if I can actually run reliably with you guys (I won't be able to make this Monday probably, for instance) but it might be fun.

ALSO as a suggestion re: Necro, in SOME CASES it might be worth it to swap Banshee's Wail for Chilling Darkness, as that causes Blinds to also inflict Chill, which CAN be fantastic when you drop Well of Darkness into the middle of a zerg. Not only can't they see you, they're ALSO frozen. Though that being said I also see the utility of having longer Swiftness from Locust Swarm and a longer Daze on the horn.

What's your logic on using Axe instead of Dagger? Dagger's got faster Life Force regain and a Lifesteal, though I guess Dagger #3 is usually pointless...

*e* what IS server time anyway

* Finding the vendors for tactical armor is a gigantic pain in the ass. I want the leggings, shoulders, and boots; I managed to grab the leggings but half the time the vendors are tied to specific dynamic events in Malchor's Leap, Cursed Shore, and Straights... ones people never freaking DO.

I think the final look I want is going to be Whispers chest and gloves, Dry Bones shoulders and leggings, and Tactical boots; or it's gonna be Whispers chest & Gloves and Dry Bones everything else, with the Necro Skull Masque starting helm. Haven't even started thinking about dye yet x_X

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    I will be there on mondays, either on Jir or Pahja (ranger on 2nd account). Once the wuv ranks are unified, I may rotate between any of my alts, which cover all classes. The GS/sword & axe warrior build tho is close to something I use on my warrior, so its something I may try.

• Options

deeeeeerp

Y'KNOW..., I have a level 80 necro and while I need to get her better armor and skins I actually like*, I'd actually be happy to re-trait her into this and give it a go, since she's not my PVE main. Unfortunately my schedule is weird so I don't know if I can actually run reliably with you guys (I won't be able to make this Monday probably, for instance) but it might be fun.

ALSO as a suggestion re: Necro, in SOME CASES it might be worth it to swap Banshee's Wail for Chilling Darkness, as that causes Blinds to also inflict Chill, which CAN be fantastic when you drop Well of Darkness into the middle of a zerg. Not only can't they see you, they're ALSO frozen. Though that being said I also see the utility of having longer Swiftness from Locust Swarm and a longer Daze on the horn.

What's your logic on using Axe instead of Dagger? Dagger's got faster Life Force regain and a Lifesteal, though I guess Dagger #3 is usually pointless...

*e* what IS server time anyway

* Finding the vendors for tactical armor is a gigantic pain in the ass. I want the leggings, shoulders, and boots; I managed to grab the leggings but half the time the vendors are tied to specific dynamic events in Malchor's Leap, Cursed Shore, and Straights... ones people never freaking DO.

I think the final look I want is going to be Whispers chest and gloves, Dry Bones shoulders and leggings, and Tactical boots; or it's gonna be Whispers chest & Gloves and Dry Bones everything else, with the Necro Skull Masque starting helm. Haven't even started thinking about dye yet x_X

Necro's the class I know least about actually. Mostly I know that they can strip boons, and that plague form is great. I picked sage's brain one night on build stuff then forgot like half of what she said. So actually yes, I do band chilling darkness instead of banshee's wail. Also, dagger is fine instead of axe. When I write the next thing I'm gonna use a different way of describing builds that allows for more flexibility. I actually don't want to dictate builds down to the smallest detail.

Also, server time is pacific, presumably because the west coast is the best coast.

• Options

Necro's the class I know least about actually. Mostly I know that they can strip boons, and that plague form is great. I picked sage's brain one night on build stuff then forgot like half of what she said. So actually yes, I do band chilling darkness instead of banshee's wail. Also, dagger is fine instead of axe. When I write the next thing I'm gonna use a different way of describing builds that allows for more flexibility. I actually don't want to dictate builds down to the smallest detail.

Also, server time is pacific, presumably because the west coast is the best coast.

Ha! I see. Sage knows about Necros than me (obviously) but I'm learning slowly. I'll be happy to be the guinea pig for this stuff.

Other things to know about Necros:

> Conditions also don't stick to them, and they can spread them around like crazy; basically if you're putting conditions on a Staff necro you might as well be putting them on yourself
    > They have more HP than any other class in the game, IIRC, AND on top of that Death Shroud can be at least one extra HP bar, if not two. They are RIDICULOUSLY tanky.
    > They can be traited to do awesome heals but in Wuvs you're probably better off making Eles do that.
    > While minions suck right now for the same reason anything else with an AI sucks, they do have utility in mitigating AoE damage and generally being a big pain.

• Options
    VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    I can attest to the tanky comment. I'm still only around level 60 with my necro but 2 weeks ago running with mojo, we stood in a tower and got pounded by a full zerg for like 10 minutes before we all finally dropped. It was awesome.

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Gem<->Gold is getting shook up a bit right now. Wonder how much it will climb.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

This is due to the perm royal pass being offered today only.

I've got mine! :)

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    IHuek1U.png
    FokUQER.jpg

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    What's special about the pass?

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    What's special about the pass?

So, the Royal Terrace is a mini-city in Divinity's Reach that has all the things in a small space: crafting, portals, bank, TP, vendor, Mystic Forge, etc. And the pass lets you teleport there from anywhere for free, so it's the ultimate in convenience.

They had 2-week passes back in the day, but this is the first ever time they've offered a permanent pass. And it's only on sale for 24 hours, so if you want it, grab it while you can! :)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye! The Sparkle System shall be explained.

Let it be known that Sparkles shall be redeemable once per week before Saturday Night Guild Missions, by whosoever is at the top of the Sparkle Leaderboard. And further, let it be known that the choice shall be made to redeem Half of one's sparkles for an Announced Prize, or to redeem All of one's sparkles for a Mystery Prize. Let it be known that the Mystery Prize can be anything, it could even be a boat, and indeed, it is known how much we have always wanted one of those.

If it should come about that more than one person is at the top of the Leaderboard, they shall decide amongst themselves who shall have that week's honor, and the rest shall wait. If they cannot decide, they must Fight To The Death (in the guild's custom arena) for the honor.

Thus it was said, and thus it shall be.

Kylindra on