As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX East Philadelphia meet up

12346»

• Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm going to the (Philly-Loves-Boardgames) meetup tonight in Old City: 6:30 at Rotten Ralph's. Never been to this group before, so I'm calling it an adventure.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    APacMan wrote: »
    I'm going to the (Philly-Loves-Boardgames) meetup tonight in Old City: 6:30 at Rotten Ralph's. Never been to this group before, so I'm calling it an adventure.

How was it?

Happy 2014 All!

I am planning to go to the Rittenhouse Cosi (1720 Walnut) board game meet up this Saturday, January 4 starting at 1:00 p.m. I think I'll bring pandemic and citidels. If anyone else is planning to come and would like to play something else, let me know. I also have forbidden island, ticket to ride, race for the galaxy, betrayal at house on the hill, dominion, and pyramid of horus (plus a few too heavy to take, but I could be convinced to lug tales of the Arabian nights if I knew I would be playing it.)

• Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    gonexall wrote: »
    How was it?

Happy 2014 All!

I am planning to go to the Rittenhouse Cosi (1720 Walnut) board game meet up this Saturday, January 4 starting at 1:00 p.m. I think I'll bring pandemic and citidels. If anyone else is planning to come and would like to play something else, let me know. I also have forbidden island, ticket to ride, race for the galaxy, betrayal at house on the hill, dominion, and pyramid of horus (plus a few too heavy to take, but I could be convinced to lug tales of the Arabian nights if I knew I would be playing it.)

I had a great time! I plan to return to all of their get-togethers in Old City. Alas this weekend I'll be out of town.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    I just want to the game night at 7th Dimension Games in Jenkintown. It was a lot of fun. This might be closer for some of you. I would meet-up there if anyone is interested. I will probably be going back when I can anyway.

• Options
    Just over two months to Pax East! I think it's time to try again for a meet up. We have several options.

We could plan to join an existing board game meet up:
    7th Dimension in Jenkintown (5-11 Saturdays)
    Cosi near rittenhouse (1-late Saturdays)
    The one that APacMan goes to in Old Town (6:30 - days and locations seem to vary, but are listed at http://www.meetup.com/Philly-Loves-Boardgames/ ).
    Radcap's Corner (6 - 10 Tuesdays)

Or we could skip the board game thing and try for a small casual lunch somewhere downtown just to meet and perhaps plan something else.

Or we could plan a mini RPG campaign of Pathfinder or Burning Wheel (or anything else people know or want to learn). This is bit more ambitious, but could be awesome fun.

Prferences? Other ideas?

• Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I just want to the game night at 7th Dimension Games in Jenkintown. It was a lot of fun. This might be closer for some of you. I would meet-up there if anyone is interested. I will probably be going back when I can anyway.

I live about a mile from 7th Dimension. I've only checked it out once or twice but never the game night. I think they do one on Tues too. I'd totally be able to meet up there.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    Randomfool wrote: »

I live about a mile from 7th Dimension. I've only checked it out once or twice but never the game night. I think they do one on Tues too. I'd totally be able to meet up there.

Awesome! Saturdays are a bit better because I work downtown during the week. However, there are also more conflicts on Saturdays and I am sure that is true for everyone. Anyone else for meeting at 7th Dimension?

• Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    I'm posting this from reddit since I frequent there:

I'm just putting this out there for those interested.

I'm just inviting you to the weekly Philly meetup from the /r/Philadelphia subreddit.

The /r/philadelphia subreddit is kind of scary but we meetup weekly on Thursdays! We're much nicer in person!
    I'm always at Coop (Thursday meetups) - you should come out!

Every Thursday: 5-??pm, Cooperage Wine & Whiskey Bar (7th & Walnut inside the Curtis Center) will be giving us (extended) happy hour pricing. Just tell them you're from reddit (we're typically in the back on the other side of the bar) and they'll point you to the right table.

We all range in age. I think the oldest person is like 35. We're a fun group ^_^

We've had nights where we've taken up much of the bar. They give us happy hour drink prices for the duration of Thursday. On a good night there can be up to about 20 of us there. Some people run for Pho and other things as the night progresses.

More info:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/philadelphia/comments/23llq3/chchchchanges_to_rphilly_weekly_and_board_game/

Come visit us if you want to meet new people!

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    Xveriun_UlnXveriun_Uln Registered User regular
    Are there any plans for a pre PAX East meetup this year. I live outside of philly and would love to meetup.