As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    It's official: I've been playing for an hour and am convinced I am the worst person on XBL

Aggro, add me and we can vie for the title of Worst Pinny Players.

If you guys or anyone else want to play some unranked matches to practice, let me know. I am an OK Glacious (Level 4 or 5).

I want to start using maybe Saberwolf, so we could dick around and practice. Plus, I need to test my patience with my fight stick. I am determined to start using it.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm at ProtoEXE28 if you wanna add me, I'm trying to get the whole party chat thing working but it's not... I'm honestly not crazy about this interface.

EDIT: YES I GOT THE ON A ROLL! I GUESS I'M NOT AS TERRIBLE AS I THOUGHT! THANK YOU GUY IN FIRST MATCH WHO LEFT CONTROLLER ALONE!

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I finally got my NAT Open, so I gave the Exhibition matches a go with Aggro. It was good right up to the disconnection. Turns out XBLive is having issues right now, so I'm going to try later. If you see me on, invite me to a match so you can laugh at my ludicrous lack of skill.

• Options
    I'm at ProtoEXE28 if you wanna add me, I'm trying to get the whole party chat thing working but it's not... I'm honestly not crazy about this interface.

EDIT: YES I GOT THE ON A ROLL! I GUESS I'M NOT AS TERRIBLE AS I THOUGHT! THANK YOU GUY IN FIRST MATCH WHO LEFT CONTROLLER ALONE!

Yea, the X1 OS needs a ton of work to be up to par with the 360. Party chat is horrific and hard to use right now.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I just picked it up, and this game's been pretty fun so far... though it may be because the default character is essentially playing as Ryu, but with Akuma's iconic super if it let you combo afterwards.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    FocusfluteFocusflute Registered User regular
    Finally was able to order. Should be here on the 13th. Well my achievements carry over and will I get pins if I had previously qualified for them?????

Not really sure how all of this works.

• Options
    TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Focusflute wrote: »
    Finally was able to order. Should be here on the 13th. Well my achievements carry over and will I get pins if I had previously qualified for them?????

Not really sure how all of this works.

Yes :-)

Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • Options
    Thanks!

How do you sign up to get the pins? How do you know what the challenges are to get them? When do you get them?

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Im glad we finally got a challenge, then i realized that winning 4 in a row is going to be a major pain.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Kuma wrote: »
    Im glad we finally got a challenge, then i realized that winning 4 in a row is going to be a major pain.

Just wait for me to show up against you.

Does everyone have their gamertag in the list on page 1? I have some Pending people, but I would love to get more on to play against.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Does everyone have their gamertag in the list on page 1? I have some Pending people, but I would love to get more on to play against.

Mine's still not up there yet (ProtoEXE28), but I added everyone.

• Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular

I am not up there. Xbox name - Spyrocks

• Options
    Spy112 wrote: »

I am not up there. Xbox name - Spyrocks

Added.

Also, a few people have been pending a while.

Gene Defect

Gn0xious

GooseyGoose88

InsaneMox

Konig Wolf

MAN1C 2K

MSUROO

NowHiringHenchm

• Options
    I now have a ritual of playing this and having a beer before my hockey games. Suffice to say, people are always salty at me when I play. I beat a guy and he yelled at me to stop running away. Haha. He was mad because I figured out all he was doing was jumping at me and I would stuff him from like half-screen with Glacious.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    you can toss mine up as well, Kuma79

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Me too. Redfield85.

edit: Another night last night of infuriating ranked play.

-I hover between level 4-6. Currently level 4.
    -I win a few matches and then get paired with a level 22 (!). Who ranks up after beating me with what seemed like some sort of glitchy play.
    -I would be fine with this, but a few fights later I am attempting to level up and the guy quits.
    -I then get paired up with 15-17+ guy. He also ranks up.
    -Me? I attempt to rank up and this other guy quits. No ranking up for me.

I then go into a downward spiral of anger and losses. I lose matches I should easily win. I get way too impatient. Then I get paired 3 times with this asshole that is talking shit even though all the matches were extremely close. I have more fun doing unranked matches.

Playing against guys like 10 levels above me would be all fine and dandy if assholes wouldn't quit when I am playing my rank up match. Like, they quit because I get them to their second health bar before mine first one is gone. Or I will be comboing them when they have half their second bar left and they will quit.

I know there is some sort of patch coming out to give you experience no matter what happens or some crap, but how is that going to stop quitters? Do what MvC3 did and pair the quitters with each other.

/rant

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Add me:
    C88 Zeromancer

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Thanks!

How do you sign up to get the pins? How do you know what the challenges are to get them? When do you get them?

First, buy the Pin-Ultimate version of the game from the Microsoft Store. It comes with a card with the code you need to register on your XBox, which will let you download the game (and register it for earning pins). In the game is something called the "Community Meld" (press Y on the main menu to get to it). That is where you will see announcements of new pin challenges, including the current "Combo Breaker" challenge (at this point you'll have to click the "..." at the bottom of the News section and scroll right a bit). That announcement will include a link to register your game with Penny Arcade, using another code that comes on the same card.

Once you've done so, just finish the challenge in the time period. As I understand it, after the challenge is done anyone who successfully completed it will be sent an email with a discount code for the Penny Arcade store. So you go to their online store, go to buy the pin, enter the discount code, and the price is dropped to $0 (you still have to pay for shipping). I guess make sure you buy it before it sells out (though there are supposed to be enough for everyone who won the contest, plus some extras).

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Just curious, who has finished the first challenge and who is still trying? Would it be a good idea to keep track of names for the future? Maybe not for this one since its tied to ranked play, but for next challenges we could see who still needs help and offer a hand to whoever needs it.

Also if we are still doing community rewards we could have things like 'first to get X challenge, or all challenges' etc

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I will be at the Kenmore game store on the 11th, so hopefully I can get a few minutes to ask stuff. Anything you want to know I will try and find out.

• Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    If anyone still needs to be put on on the OP send me a message :)

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    I will be at the Kenmore game store on the 11th, so hopefully I can get a few minutes to ask stuff. Anything you want to know I will try and find out.

I will try to stop by, as well.

• Options
    DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I got my PinUltimate Edition at launch, glad to find somewhere with some details on these pins!
    Last I checked the URL on the back cover didn't work still haha.

Feel free to add me, I'll be rocking it with Sadira most of the time.

Gamertag: Dominus Seph

DominusSeph on
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Just curious, who has finished the first challenge and who is still trying? Would it be a good idea to keep track of names for the future? Maybe not for this one since its tied to ranked play, but for next challenges we could see who still needs help and offer a hand to whoever needs it.

Also if we are still doing community rewards we could have things like 'first to get X challenge, or all challenges' etc

I like the idea of listing who has completed which challenges myself, maybe it'll help with assisting others in finishing challenges later (assuming they're not all rank match involved). Plus bragging is always fun (and you'll all get to see me rage when I don't earn any beyond the first pin :()

• Options
    I got my PinUltimate Edition at launch, glad to find somewhere with some details on these pins!
    Last I checked the URL on the back cover didn't work still haha.

Feel free to add me, I'll be rocking it with Sadira most of the time.

Gamertag: Dominus Seph

We had problems with the redirect. The page should be up shortly and will be a hub for everything Pin Ultimate related. Stay tuned.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, what link are we talking about? I don't physically have my pin ultimate yet

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, what link are we talking about? I don't physically have my pin ultimate yet

On the packaging there is a URL that's still being worked on apparently, but should be the central hub of KI pinultimate.

Killerinstinctpins.com I believe

DominusSeph on
  • Options
    As a side note, wow I had a terrible night trying to get this achievement, ended up losing my rank and getting rocked. Bah.
    Most I got was 2 wins, then I got setup against a rank 16 (versus my rank 2). Just. Might have to buy this dang pin. T_T

• Options
    thanks for the link, will keep an eye on it.

And yeah, that seems to be the story for alot of us. Cant tell you how many times that happened to me. I just kept playing until i (very luckily) got a row of lvl 1s and no quitters. Not the most glamorous of wins, but when pins are involved ill take what i can get :P

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options

Well in theory if we see someone show up in Ranked and we know they need an assist, it would be possible to help out. I know I would feel bad if I caused someone to lose to the fourth match on this challenge, knowing they were a fellow Pinhead.

As for keeping a list, I went through the thread and so far:

Konig Wolf
    Redfield85
    GooseyGoose (maybe?)
    Ayefkay
    Symmetric
    Dreamwriter
    TheAggroCraig
    PedroAsani

Have all said they got it.

I will go through the Achievements tomorrow and try to get a complete list. However, there are people still Pending the friends list so I can't check those.

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    I have Thursday/Friday off work and I'd be happy to be on anytime to help anyone out as much as I can, I haven't played in a couple weeks and could use some practice too. I'll try to add everyone I haven't so for when I get home from work this afternoon. Anyone else going for all the non pin-related challenges too?

• Options
    Not really any more, when I first started I was keen on doing all achievements and challenges, and for a while I did pretty much all up to the '4 in a row' pin challenge. Then got a few new games over Christmas and have been playing KI a bit less. Will get back into it soon though.

I know the patch is a few days old, but i just read the patch notes on http://playxbla.com/killer-instinct-gets-a-title-update-get-the-full-list-of-updates-here/
    PARTY INVITES FIXES
    - General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.
    RANK-UP/RANK-DOWN DISPLAY
    - RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.
    RANK MATCH UPDATES
    - The rank point distribution method has been updated. Please see the chart below for the updated system.

party invites fix, FINALLY

rank match updates, like i said, havent played for a while, anyone know what this fix did? the chart they mentioned isn't on that page

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ranking-Points.png

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    My Pin Edition still isn't here. Called MS and they said it should be delivered around the 13th of Jan. Will I still be eligible for the pins if I already have met the criteria on my current copy of KI????

• Options
    jc507jcjc507jc Registered User new member
    Ok so my Ultimate edition should be here soon from ebay as well as my TE Stick. I'm loving this game and the pin idea was awesome.

Got a question, I know the four ranked wins was the first pin challenge, and luckily I was able to get that one done, but what about the character ones??? I saw on the site that there was a sabrewulf one, was that one ever on sale??? I'd hate to miss out on any so I'm just wondering if any of those have gone on sale yet or if a date has been set for the first one??? Thank you for any help.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    character pins you just buy, they will release one character pin and one 'engagement' pin per month.

characters are exclusively bought, and engagement pins can either be bought or earned by completing challenges

they will probably be on sale same time each month, so this month should be sabrewulf and the combo breaker pins

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    My Pin Edition still isn't here. Called MS and they said it should be delivered around the 13th of Jan. Will I still be eligible for the pins if I already have met the criteria on my current copy of KI????

First challenge runs until January 17, so you should be good.
    You can start working on the achievement right now if you want, with the free version of the game. Then later 'upgrade' using the provided QR code and register your copy.
    We'll send out reminders soonish.

• Options
    InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    @pedroasani Please add me to the list of those who have completed the challenge. It was a heck of a thing, and I'm excited to see February's!

• Options
    Whoa Pin Edition came!!! Ok I already had Ultra Edition. I scanned the code but I am not sure if anything happened or not. I don't see "Pin Edition" when I go to the KI Store I just see Ultra Edition. I tried to scan the code again and it said it was already used.

Also what email does it send my notifications about the pins to? Can I request that it be sent to a specific one? (My Xbox email I NEVER check)

Seriously this is way confusing.

• Options
    Whoa Pin Edition came!!! Ok I already had Ultra Edition. I scanned the code but I am not sure if anything happened or not. I don't see "Pin Edition" when I go to the KI Store I just see Ultra Edition. I tried to scan the code again and it said it was already used.

Also what email does it send my notifications about the pins to? Can I request that it be sent to a specific one? (My Xbox email I NEVER check)

Seriously this is way confusing.

In your games tab if you hit Menu on the Killer Instinct Icon, you can hit "show add-ons," which will show if you have the Pin Ultimate edition (just make sure it says installed I guess?)

As for your email, you can change your XBL email to a different one iirc, if not I don't think the email you choose for notifications matters so much, I can't confirm that though but it just seems logical considering how it's set up.