As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS4] Playstation NOW (Gaikai) is announced and detailed - Beta coming later this month

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Nope that package had getting started guide (english, spanish) and a white manual with the normal FCC crap etc. I will call sony when I get home thanks.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Who wants some more Deep Down screens?

deepdown_01.jpg
    The Jackie (above), that we already heard about before, mimics the shape of a treasure chest in the dungeons. When it detects a target it extends arms and legs quickly and bites with a mouth decorated by an enormous number of sharp tusks. Damage is inevitable, no matter how resilient your armor is, so you have to be careful when you open chests.
    In the screenshot above we also get a nice glimpse on the game’s greatswords.

The Pooriiz (below) is normally attached to the ceilings of dungeons, like a caterpillar, it moves and rotates it rounded body and attacks in swarms. They become a serious threat when in large numbers, so you need to attack them one by one before you get surrounded.
    deepdown_02.jpg
    deepdown_03.jpg

• Options
    That has to be the scariest Mimic I have ever seen in a game....

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Nope that package had getting started guide (english, spanish) and a white manual with the normal FCC crap etc. I will call sony when I get home thanks.

my PS+/$10/Music unlimited card was somewhere under my console, not in the getting started guide packet, if that helps. Maybe dig around in the box some more, it might have slid into an opening in the box somewhere?

• Options
    CES is bringing news in by the bucket load!

Game Informer is promising a huge cover reveal tomorrow... maybe for a game bing shown today? hmmm?

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular

It's just asking for a hug. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Are any game companies other than Sony presenting anything at CES today or tomorrow?

nusu on
  • Options

It's just asking for a hug. :P

It is the kiss I would be scared of :)

Thanks for the help guys I will check more in the box when I get home.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    this looks... promising...
    The man below is the PlayStation Software Product Development Head for Sony Worldwide Studios America.

zllehs on
  • Options
    Sony's CES livestream is up now:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/06/watch-live-sonys-ces-2014-press-conference/

Not sure how much they'll talk about gaming since this is more geared towards electronics, but you never know what they may show off.

• Options
    here is another link

http://blog.sony.com/ces2014/

and this years theme is PLAY apparently

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    here is another link

http://blog.sony.com/ces2014/

and this years theme is PLAY apparently

Pretty boring so far. I'm thinkin' I might give it a miss and just catch the highlights later.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Either the stream is getting hammered or Comcast does not want me to see what Sony has to show :)

nusu on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sony's site wasn't working for me @nusu try this one

http://live.cnet.com/Event/CES_2014_Sony_press_conference_live_blog

• Options
    nusu wrote: »
    Either the stream is getting hammered or Comcast does not want me to see what Sony has to show :)

So far all they've got is "4K TV, 4K streaming on Netflix, 4K this, 4K that. 4K, 4K, 4K."
    (4K)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks guys, ironically I turned my stream down to 240p and it magically works (is that .2k?). I'm also following the verge and engadget's live blogs :)

nusu on
  • Options
    4k is rad

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    I like how he's talking about 4k distribution... meanwhile the feed is constantly buffering because apparently 60Mbit isn't good enough.

• Options
    Tonight is just the keynote speeches I believe

Tomorrow is the press conference where they usually announce the big stuff I think

8am Pacific

• Options
    Does this guy look like a less-intimidating Harvey Keitel to anyone else?

• Options
    4k for 2k! Is that all?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    If they push 4k hard enough, the government will have to intervene and press for better internet, country-wide. That's my guess.

• Options
    Chance wrote: »
    Does this guy look like a less-intimidating Harvey Keitel to anyone else?

I was thinking more

17_tron-jeffb_560x375.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So is this thing going anywhere interesting or is it purely bullshit about 4k?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Psh, high definition

That shit's just a fad, man

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Aegeri wrote: »
    So is this thing going anywhere interesting or is it purely bullshit about 4k?

I think the stuff we care about will be on the press conference tomorrow morning

This is more of the Pre E3 event the weekend before E3

zllehs on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Experia Z1s phone and a PS4 combo comes with a free $100 gift card. I guess the PS4 is going to be their go to combo accessory.

zllehs called it, sounds like all the other good stuff will get talked about tomorrow morning.

nusu on
  • Options
    Thats it for tonight... more to come tomorrow morning During Kaz's Keynote.

in the mean time though... look what I just found...
    New trailer for the Atlus/Zombie studios game DAYLIGHT on PS4 and PC coming early this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GSYdvUaOsQs

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

my PS+/$10/Music unlimited card was somewhere under my console, not in the getting started guide packet, if that helps. Maybe dig around in the box some more, it might have slid into an opening in the box somewhere?

Yeah,mine was hidden by all the other packaging and only when I took literally everything else out of the box did I see it.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Ok, PS4 sound question.

I want to route the PS4 sound to my actual speakers instead of my terrible TV speakers. However the cable that works for my PS3 (the red/white/yellow one) has no apparent equivalent on the PS4. PS4 sends its HDMI to my TV...how do I get the sound out?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Can you use toslink for your speakers? I think the PS4 only supports HDMI and toslink out. I haven't seen any kind of converter for RWY.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »
    Ok, PS4 sound question.

I want to route the PS4 sound to my actual speakers instead of my terrible TV speakers. However the cable that works for my PS3 (the red/white/yellow one) has no apparent equivalent on the PS4. PS4 sends its HDMI to my TV...how do I get the sound out?

PS4 -> HDMI to AVR (which I assume your speakers are hooked up to) -> HDMI from AVR to TV

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    4k is nice and all but we're at least 5 years from movies/games actually being 4k, along with 4k TV sets being affordable. Not to mention internet speeds needing to be faster.

Bubby on
  • Options
    Bubby wrote: »
    4k is nice and all but we're at least 5 years from movies/games actually being 4k, along with 4k TV sets being affordable.

rnD2lyY.jpg

They are available right now

• Options
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Never mind bandwidth speed, let's talk bandwidth caps. Streaming games/movies have a huge obstacle to overcome on that front.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Are those a thing in the U.S.?

Anyways, Reed Hastings was talking game about needing only a connection of roughly 15 megs a second and that they'd be rolling out 4k Netflix content in 2014

I'm running at around 30 and really wish I had a 4k TV so I could watch Breaking Bad in 4k, holy shit that would rule

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Huh, didn't know movies were out. Guessing prices for 4k TV's will go down big time by Christmas this year if it gets pushed by Netflix and Sony.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm getting a bit tired of AC 4 and Killzone and want another game for variety on my PS4. Is NFS Rivals good if you rarely play online?

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Alright, I'm getting a bit tired of AC 4 and Killzone and want another game for variety on my PS4. Is NFS Rivals good if you rarely play online?

Well, Don't Starve comes out tomorrow at least

This discussion has been closed.