As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Senran Kagura Bursts onto the 3DS!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Is the text in English but the voices are still Japanese?

Yes.

Then I can play it at work he he

Please tell me that means "with the sound off". And even then...

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Yes.

Well no one sits with me and when asked I tell them it's because I have the tenacity to bite

But then they are asking people not to play pokemon because it's a disruption

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    The Hanzu hidden character is HILARIOUS.

Just finished clearing the first game on frantic. Still need to go back and A rank with everyone/get everyone up to level 50 but I can do that later. Time for evil ninja school.

What do you mean by "clearing the first game on frantic"? With one character?

Does not have to be one character, but you do get something for clearing each and every mission on frantic, denoted by the star ranking.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Yes.

Sound down maybe, you don't want it all the way off. You wont be able to hear Hibari's adorable voice otherwise.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hibari is the only one I can't stand. Every bit of her design, voice, everything. I changed her look as soon as I could.

• Options
    Bah! She's adorable =P

Also, Yagyu looks silly if you give her a second eye-patch.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Renzo wrote: »
    Hibari is the only one I can't stand. Every bit of her design, voice, everything. I changed her look as soon as I could.

The dissonance created by putting her in the Shinobi costume you get after beating the Hanzo story is... unsettling.
    Each girl gets access to her rival's outfit. So Hibari gets to dress like Haruka...

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Evil ninja girls are delightfully wacky, though a few of them play completely differently to any other character.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Evil ninja girls are delightfully wacky, though a few of them play completely differently to any other character.

Haruka is slow and stiff as hell. Just awkward after so many high-speed fighters. Mirai's weird too, since her weak attack is a projectile. Haven't used Yomi yet but I'm guessing she's a lot slower than Ikaruga.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Fortunately my wife is also a connoisseur of hentai doujinshi so I don't have too much to worry about on that front. :)

Lucky is you.

• Options

Haruka is slow and stiff as hell. Just awkward after so many high-speed fighters. Mirai's weird too, since her weak attack is a projectile. Haven't used Yomi yet but I'm guessing she's a lot slower than Ikaruga.

Mirai doesn't have a regular strong attack either, she has a block instead. Of course this means she can launch with weak attacks. She's the least safe character to land with considering she has a minimum range.

Yomi isn't that unusual though she takes awhile to start up. Haruka is weird. The other two basically play like Hanzo characters.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Also, Yagyu looks silly if you give her a second eye-patch.

Thank god I wasn't the only person who did that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Mirai looks like she has future shades when you give her the evil eyepatch.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I gave both of the eye patch girls a second eye patch.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    My review went live today. Just in time for everyone to ignore it since Zelda drops tomorrow, but hey.

• Options
    Frantic Mode Ikaruga is frightening. Hien has ridiculous reach, and adding extra power and speed to that is just nuts, especially if you awaken her Yin attribute.

• Options
    Goodness. Hibari's rival (Haruka, I think?) just said fuck it, and decided to just start off not wearing any clothes at all.

• Options
    I almost wish I had done Hebijo first, just for access to the Sleep Shirt "swimsuit".

• Options
    Hebi's definitely have better unlockable clothing. Going for them first would sort of ruin the story though which is surprisingly well done.

It is hilarious how they claim that Crimson Girls (Hebijo Mode) is for experts only when it is clearly the easier campaign.

• Options
    Going for them first would sort of ruin the story though which is surprisingly well done.

True. I'm very curious to see how the endgame plays out from their side.

• Options
    Woo! Just set a new highest combo record of 2341 hits with Yagyu. :D

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Unless I'm completely playing her wrong, Hibari is a horrible character. My performance with her versus the other characters is a night and day difference.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Hanzo level 3-08 is fucking impossible to do frantic. Fuck these fucking maids and their fucking crossbows!

Arghhh!!!!!

• Options
    Unless I'm completely playing her wrong, Hibari is a horrible character. My performance with her versus the other characters is a night and day difference.

She's got what amounts to an infinite ground combo...

• Options
    So I beat Hebi mode today. Definitely the easier game overall though there is one mission that will give Frantic players a fit.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Someone has let slip that the January 8th announcement related to SK is SK2 for the 3DS. Reads your save file from Burst was a pretty damning indication.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

EDIT: Also Versus is coming from XSEED to the US in 2014. Book it.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Man, Burst starts out deceptively easy, and then becomes ball crushingly difficult... Still can't beat that Hanzo level 3-08 in frantic mode. I got really close with Asuka, but caught a volley of maid arrows from off-screen at the end. Decided to get Asuka to rank 50(im assuming the max level?) by taking her through all the stages in each chapter.

That secret ninja lady bossfight in chapter 5 is tough! I managed to make it to Yagyu and almost beat her, but she caught me with that gotdang super of hers... I guess you can interrupt her when she does that if you hit her with heavy attacks? I tried in desperation with Yagyu to hit her, but I whiffed so bad...

Really surprised at how good the story is in this game too. Hanzo was good, and what I've seen of Hebijo is even better.

• Options
    Yagyu is literally the easiest and safest character to beat her with if you do one simple thing:

Go Frantic, back up, shoot her repeatedly. Give her time to get back in range of your shot. That's it. You win.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I guess I will be getting it today when I find where and how I enter the card I picked up for the eshop

• Options
    Yagyu is literally the easiest and safest character to beat her with if you do one simple thing:

Go Frantic, back up, shoot her repeatedly. Give her time to get back in range of your shot. That's it. You win.

Son of a bitch... That's a good idea.

• Options
    Three new Senran Kagura projects are in development, this week’s Famitsu reveals.

The first game is Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for 3DS. Developed by Tamsoft and due out August 7 in Japan for 6,998 yen, it is a side-scrolling action game with 3D field boss battles. An existing male character will be playable.

The second project is Dekamori Senran Kagura, a “hyper big breasts cooking rhythm game” for PS Vita where losing means stripping down. Developed by Meteorise and due out March 20 in Japan, the full game will feature 22 songs. The Hanzo Academy and Homura Crimson Squad character set will be available or 2,400 yen. And on April 24, the Death Cram School and Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy character set for 2,500 yen. The full set, featuring both sides, will cost 4,083 yen and be available on day one.

And the third game is Senran Kagura EV, a still to be detailed title for an unannounced Sony platform. Information on this project is still secret, but it appears to be in the Shinovi Versus genealogy.

Expect official announcements of these projects tomorrow, January 8, at 13:30 Japan time on Marvelous AQL’s Senran Kagura live stream.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The second project is Dekamori Senran Kagura, a “hyper big breasts cooking rhythm game” for PS Vita where losing means stripping down.

/facepalm

These people make it really hard to recommend their own games.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I don't know. hyper big breasts cooking rhythm game pretty much has me sold.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    The second project is Dekamori Senran Kagura, a “hyper big breasts cooking rhythm game” for PS Vita where losing means stripping down.

/facepalm

These people make it really hard to recommend their own games.

Yeah...

Though, I imagine that it'll probably be no worse than what we've seen in Burst. Maybe should just keep the description as "cooking rythm game"/

Yay for another 3DS game, though!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So is it what it sounds like? Cooking Mama for adults? Because that's what it sounds like.

Like, when you miss chopping a vegetable some of your clothes fall off? It doesn't really make much sense.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Probably a cooking themed Miku clone.

• Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    I don't know. hyper big breasts cooking rhythm game pretty much has me sold.

Well obviously for the audience who wants this type of thing it's an easy sell.

If you write for a general-audience website? Much harder to justify.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I mean, if it comes over here and I ever get a Vita, I'll buy it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    anoffday wrote: »
    So is it what it sounds like? Cooking Mama for adults? Because that's what it sounds like.
    Sounds more like Cooking Mama for children to me.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    LINK PURGED

HAM!?

Sterica on
    uyvfOQy.png