As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation] - This week: Strider and the Japanese PS4 launch

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Done and done

Contrast is leaving on the 7th, so it's highly likely that's the day when we'll get Don't Starve

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Does anyone play dragon's dogma? Cuz I'm playing it and it is just the titties.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    dragon's dogma rules

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    that's it. I've heard dragon's dogma praise too many times, I am gonna buy it

right after I play with this kitten

and drink this soda

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    you should, wimble! it's pretty sweet. and you can make your own waifu...

in all seriousness though, i think dragon's dogma is one of my favorite rpg's to be released in the past few years. the enemy variety, the difficulty, the strategy involved in the bigger fights, the atmosphere, pretty much everything about it ticks the right boxes for me.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    There are so many fun ways to fight giant monsters in Dragon's Dogma. And all of the classes are pretty good; you'd expect the advanced ones to outright replace the base classes like most games do, but they're all different enough in focus and capability.

I really hope they continue the series.

• Options
    i think the only problem i have with DragDog is the sheer scope of the game can be kinda overwhelming for me.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I've started Dragon's Dogma and I just have have a ton of trouble really grasping how things are progressing. They throw a ton of shit at you really quickly.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Hey my psn handle is MetzgerMeisterSE so y'all should add me and stuff. Maybe let me use your high level pawns. Also I literally have zero friends on my list so.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    I only have PS3 and my PSN is Dogbone19.

I'm on the fence whether or not to get Minecraft for the playstation. Diablo currently owns my gamins soul though.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really hope other games borrow Dragon's Dogma's climbing on huge enemies mechanics. That was my favorite part about that game.

• Options
    This week's Drop confirms that Don't Starve hits this Tuesday for PS+

• Options
    what is this weeks drop? is that some sort of newsletter or something?

• Options
    The Drop is the weekly new release listing on the PlayStation Blog

Usually they're pretty detailed but this week it's rather scarce:
    Don’t Starve: Console Edition: PS4 — Digital
    Streetkix: Freestyle: PSP — Digital
    Tiny Brains: PS3 — Digital (Also Available on PS4), Cross Buy
    Twisted Lands: Shadow Town + Demo: PS3 — Digital

• Options
    Oh, that's neat. Thanks @UnbreakableVow

I don't know if Deep Down is going to be a game I finish
    zllehs wrote: »
    Who wants some more Deep Down screens?

deepdown_01.jpg
    The Jackie (above), that we already heard about before, mimics the shape of a treasure chest in the dungeons. When it detects a target it extends arms and legs quickly and bites with a mouth decorated by an enormous number of sharp tusks. Damage is inevitable, no matter how resilient your armor is, so you have to be careful when you open chests.
    In the screenshot above we also get a nice glimpse on the game’s greatswords.

The Pooriiz (below) is normally attached to the ceilings of dungeons, like a caterpillar, it moves and rotates it rounded body and attacks in swarms. They become a serious threat when in large numbers, so you need to attack them one by one before you get surrounded.
    deepdown_02.jpg
    deepdown_03.jpg

Those slug things weird me the fuck out in that picture. My skin is crawling just thinking of them in motion!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh god that fucking mimic

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My body is so fucking ready for the next round of next gen games.

• Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Something about that mimic makes me think "Me go gem" ain't on it's mind.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    That mimic and those giant leaping vagina slugs are freaking me out

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    http://blog.sony.com/ces2014/

Sony CES keynote at 8PM EST / 5PM PST, for anyone interested

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    that stream is unwatchable for me. If you could be so kind as to lay down any sweet juice squeezed out by that stream I'd greatly appreciate it

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    they were talkin about how cool u are

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I thought they were talking 'bout his momma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GZJHshYdsdo

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    So

A lot happened today apparently

1) Official numbers came out - Xbox One has sold 3 millions in 2013, PS4 has sold 4.2 million.

2) PlayStation Now is the Gaikai streaming service to stream PS1, 2 and 3 games to your PS4, Vita, PS3, PC, tablet, and select Sony Bravia TVs. There will be a free service and a premium paid one, likely a subscription service for the latter. A closed beta for Vita and Bravia begins at the end of January with a full rollout scheduled for summer 2014

3) Turtle Rock Studios, the Left 4 Dead team, announces a co-op alien-based shooter called Evolve coming to PS4, One and PC

Pretty big news day it would seem!

I'd throw up links but I'm phone posting

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Pretty stoked about getting a free FFXIV for my PS4. I thought it was fun, but the PS3 just could not do it justice so I didn't stick around after the trial. It should be amazing on the better hardware.

Back on page 10 but yo what

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Pretty stoked about getting a free FFXIV for my PS4. I thought it was fun, but the PS3 just could not do it justice so I didn't stick around after the trial. It should be amazing on the better hardware.

Back on page 10 but yo what

PS3 FFXIV players get a free upgrade to the PS4 version.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Oh

Oh...

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    so uh... swordfights...

i'm likin your new theme there.

thinkin' we should do somethin' later.

maybe beat up Electro or somethin.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    3) Turtle Rock Studios, the Left 4 Dead team, announces a co-op alien-based shooter called Evolve coming to PS4, One and PC

Mentioning that Turtle Rock changed quite a bit since Valve and is under different management. For one it features now lots of ex-RPG devs. Most noteworthy Troika (Vampire:Bloodlines) alumnis. Which is probably due to co-founder Chris Ashton. Also ex-Troika.

• Options
    Oh cool

Maybe I might actually like their product now

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »

Mentioning that Turtle Rock changed quite a bit since Valve and is under different management. For one it features now lots of ex-RPG devs. Most noteworthy Troika (Vampire:Bloodlines) alumnis. Which is probably due to co-founder Chris Ashton. Also ex-Troika.

So what you're saying is Evolve is going to be buggy as hell.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    C2B wrote: »

So what you're saying is Evolve is going to be buggy as hell.

:p

• Options
    I don't know how to do anything in Don't Starve, and I can't find any sort of manual. I picked up a bunch of flint, grass and saplings, but I couldn't figure out how to start a fire, and then night fell, something attacked my character, and I died. I also picked up a trap, but couldn't figure out how to set it, so I fed my guy some berries.

• Options
    so uh... swordfights...

i'm likin your new theme there.

thinkin' we should do somethin' later.

maybe beat up Electro or somethin.

Jenny is the one true goddess

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    are there good she-hulk comics

because in theory i think she is a neat character

but in practice all i have actually seen of her are those pages of her and the juggernaut post-fuckin'

• Options
    are there good she-hulk comics

because in theory i think she is a neat character

but in practice all i have actually seen of her are those pages of her and the juggernaut post-fuckin'

She-Hulk by Dan Slott:
    http://marvel.com/comics/series/731/she-hulk_2004_-_2005
    http://marvel.com/comics/series/886/she-hulk_2005_-_2009

There is also a brand-new series starting next month which will similarly focus on her lawyer-ing: http://marvel.com/comics/series/18472/she-hulk_2014_-_present

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I don't know how to do anything in Don't Starve, and I can't find any sort of manual. I picked up a bunch of flint, grass and saplings, but I couldn't figure out how to start a fire, and then night fell, something attacked my character, and I died. I also picked up a trap, but couldn't figure out how to set it, so I fed my guy some berries.

At least you didn't starve.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

Has anyone else played this game? I don't understand how to do anything at all, aside from the most basic controls shown in the menu.

• Options

Has anyone else played this game? I don't understand how to do anything at all, aside from the most basic controls shown in the menu.

I imagine the game is the same as it is on PC? I think there should be guides out there for getting started and whatnot.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

I don't get it either.

I was pretty bummed when I saw this was their next Plus game.

Hurry up and give me Octodad already.

Maximum on