As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• Options
    FocusfluteFocusflute Registered User regular
    Ok cool got it sorted out!!!! Thanks!!!!

• Options
    NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    @Pedro you can add me to the list of challenge complete. This challenge was a little ridiculous with the rage quitter & I've been paired up against people with a higher rank. I'm floating around 2-3 at the moment, I'm sure if I practiced more I could climb the ranks. Also has anyone received a confirmation email after registration or after completing the challenge? Would've been nice to get an email a few hours after ya completed the challenge. I'd like to see what the rest of the character pins look like ...

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    @Pedro you can add me to the list of challenge complete. This challenge was a little ridiculous with the rage quitter & I've been paired up against people with a higher rank. I'm floating around 2-3 at the moment, I'm sure if I practiced more I could climb the ranks. Also has anyone received a confirmation email after registration or after completing the challenge? Would've been nice to get an email a few hours after ya completed the challenge. I'd like to see what the rest of the character pins look like ...

Nothing so far.

Updated list:

Konig Wolf
    Redfield85
    GooseyGoose (maybe?)
    Ayefkay
    Symmetric
    Dreamwriter
    TheAggroCraig
    PedroAsani
    Insaneloon
    Ninjalunchbox79
    Spy112

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    I completed my challange to if any one wants to know

• Options
    DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Anyone know where I can get a break down of the player card meaning?

Eg

03 <gold diamond> 01

I know the right value is your rank level. But what the heck do the other two mean? And where am I supposed to find this out (without guidance from here). It's not in the help section of the game and I don't see anything else showing a break down?

• Options
    Just completed both challenges (Combo Buster and On a Roll) through some luck and an extremely stressful final round. PHEW.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    left number is offline rank, that's calculated by all the 'fight titles' you've earned, which are basically a count of how many of what things you've done while playing (wins, losses, combo breaks, ultras, shadow moves etc etc...) you can see them in the menu somewhere, from memory i think theres actually a menu called fight titles. The coloured diamond will change depending on how many of these youve completed.

And yes, the right one is your online rank, pretty straight forward

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I've been trying to find a list of the Fight Titles for each character, since the 150 Fight Titles for certain unlockables is hard to reach. I know I'm at 100 or so, but is there a list of them all somewhere so I can try and cross them off?

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Anyone who is interested in a non-pin challenge that hasn't already completed it (expiring today), someone posted on another website a very easy way to get it:

Choose local Player vs CPU, set the CPU to Noob Jago, let him combo you with 3 hits, use heavy combo breaker, repeat for a total of 5 times, finish the match. Challenge completed in ~2-3 minutes.

Fight Titles can be found for each character from Main Menu > Fight Archive > Fight Titles > Select Character

Konig Wolf on
  • Options
    Completed challenges I believe

• Options
    TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Pin Ultimate Edition master post and FAQ is out.

We will continue updating it as new questions and content come up.

www.killerinstinctpins.com

Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Very cool.

Any hints to what the February challenge might be? And does it kick off on January 18th or will there be time between challenges?

• Options

AWESOME THANKS!!!!

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Nothing so far.

Updated list:

Konig Wolf
    Redfield85
    GooseyGoose (maybe?)
    Ayefkay
    Symmetric
    Dreamwriter
    TheAggroCraig
    PedroAsani
    Insaneloon
    Ninjalunchbox79
    Spy112

Add me!

• Options
    ok.....can i be the first to say Jago's alternate costume looks freaking ridiculous......hes wearing a ripped tanktop/sports bra....

923b71ef-685d-4009-a5cc-9bd05d641810.jpg?n=KI_JagoAltCostume_1920x1080_TitledHeroArt.jpg

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hey, that is what he used to wear. :P

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options

Very cool.

Any hints to what the February challenge might be? And does it kick off on January 18th or will there be time between challenges?

There will be some a little breathing room, like a week or so.

• Options

Wonderful.

My question has to be, is there any priority to Pinultimate owners vs regular consumers?
    As I'm a little worried on two fronts that;

A) You make an allocation of X based on the amount of Pinultimate versions made with a small Y amount for extras (which would suck for the owners if a bunch of non owners purchases pins and makes it hard for owners to purchase).
    B) Semi attached to A, but the rarity of these pins.

• Options

Wonderful.

My question has to be, is there any priority to Pinultimate owners vs regular consumers?
    As I'm a little worried on two fronts that;

A) You make an allocation of X based on the amount of Pinultimate versions made with a small Y amount for extras (which would suck for the owners if a bunch of non owners purchases pins and makes it hard for owners to purchase).
    B) Semi attached to A, but the rarity of these pins.

I already spoke with Mike about this a little, and the thinking is something like this:

They know how many Pin Ultimate Editions are sold. They can hold back that number of Pins.
    They know how to track the difference between a bought Pin and a "redeemed" Pin. So a regular purchase comes from the main Pile O' Pins, whilst a hard-won Free Pin comes from the Coveted Reserve Drawer.

That at least was the thinking in November. Now they are a little further down the road I expect most of the process is solidified, and so I will be asking about it tomorrow.

One thing that just came to mind was "what about the Character Pins?" And my solution (based on the above system) would be to have a 0% off coupon for Pin Ultimate people so they can still use the same Reserve system. But again, I shall ask tomorrow and get details.

This could well be the first Pinquisition. And as I type this, if Mike is agreeable to me taking a little more of his time, it shall be. So, that being the case, send me any and all questions about the Killer Instinct Pins that you can think of. You have 24 hours.

*All names and terminology are a product of this addled brain. I make no such warranty your Pins were ever kept in a pile or drawer.

• Options
    jazrocks19jazrocks19 Registered User new member
    Whats up fellow KI Pin Collectors... New here... got a quick questions... i just got my 5 wins in a row yesterday... how do i confirm that i got credited for the Jan challenge...? Appreciate any response. Thanks!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    short answer: you dont!

longer more accurate answer: it appears as completed in your achievement list, but there's no email or notice saying that you will be credited anything. Its a concern that has been brought up before, and we've been told there will be such emails in the future. But if you got it, and its in your achievements as completed then it can be verified if need be.

also, welcome and congrats! how long did it take you to get it?

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Easiest way is to check you have the "On A Roll" achievement.

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Still havnt gotten the achievement yet, but I have about 6 days (need to put down Dead Rising 3 for a bit i guess). Itll be interesting to see what the PAX East pin will be.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    What pax East pin? Shouldn't they only have the same ones we know about?

• Options
    jazrocks19jazrocks19 Registered User new member
    Thanks Ayefkay & PedroAsani, i got 5 ranked wins before and when i got the pin ultimate edition i got it again after a week of trying...

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    What pax East pin? Shouldn't they only have the same ones we know about?
    "Challenges can either be in-game achievements or community engagement activities" - PAX is considered a "community engagement activity"

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Well, I have been able to string 2 together, thats about it. I love fighting games, but there are some that I cant pretend to be very good at. This is one of them

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Registration confirmation emails have gone out.
    You may be part of one of 4 groups:

1) You have correctly provided us with a valid Microsoft Account login AND activated the game token: REGISTRATION SUCCESSFUL, yay
    2) You have not provided us with a valid Microsoft Account login: REGISTRATION FAILED, read the FAQ and re-do it
    3) You have correctly provided us with a valid Microsoft Account login BUT DID NOT activate the game token: REGISTRATION FAILED, read the FAQ
    4) You haven't heard back from us: REGISTRATION FAILED, the email address you provided was not valid, read the FAQ and re-do it

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Registration confirmation emails have gone out.
    You may be part of one of 4 groups:

1) You have correctly provided us with a valid Microsoft Account login AND activated the game token: REGISTRATION SUCCESSFUL, yay
    2) You have not provided us with a valid Microsoft Account login: REGISTRATION FAILED, read the FAQ and re-do it
    3) You have correctly provided us with a valid Microsoft Account login BUT DID NOT activate the game token: REGISTRATION FAILED, read the FAQ
    4) You haven't heard back from us: REGISTRATION FAILED, the email address you provided was not valid, read the FAQ and re-do it

So my question is this...I bought the game knowing that I wouldn't have a XB1 for a bit. I am planning on getting one in the next month. Since I don't have that yet:

1. Can I still register my game? I'm guessing I need to wait.
    2. Is it going to cause an issue if I wait another months-2 months to register my game?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Sweet. Now I get to search for a little slip of paper with my code for a game I registered probably a month or more ago and am being told to re-register. Awesome. /rant

edit: Of course as soon as I type that and continue looking I find it. I will keep that rant there for future generations to see my saltiness.

So, I registered again. Do I get an email letting me know it was done correctly or do I wait another month? ;D

double edit: By the way, it said I used the wrong MS ID, when I used the only one I have. I went to the MS site and logged in using said account, so it is still obviously the right email. And I have already redeemed my KI code via QR. I don't remember if I redeemed my KI code before or after registering, so maybe that could have messed things up. Other than that and not using dashes when inputting the code on the KI site, there is nothing else for me to change.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I got my reg email this afternoon. Feels nice having some proof. Here is what it says for anyone interested.

"Hello,

Your registration into the Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition was successful!

Now go and get those challenges completed! First challenge is due Friday, January 17, 2014!

If you already completed this month's challenge, we will send out the promo codes for pins and instructions for redemption within a week after the challenge runs its course.

More information on http://killerinstinctpins.com

Thanks!"

So hopefully more people will start seeing these soon.

Spy112 on
  • Options
    I just noticed, the download code that came with my PIN Ultimate Edition says that it's for the Ultra Edition, it doesn't say the PIN Ultimate Edition, anyone else have this issue?

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I don't understand - I got the "we have not been able to verify that you activated your Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition token with the provided Microsoft Account / Live ID." email, but the token is the very first thing I did, it's how I got the game in the first place, I didn't download it until scanning in the QR code, and I have the Pin Ultimate edition according to the XBox. Then when the Combo Breaker contest started, I entered the rest of the data by clicking on the link in the news story in the game itself.

• Options
    Got email, all verified! Reassuring to know its all worked out. Next time something like this should be sent to players WAY sooner.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    What I got...
    Hello,

As of January 7, 2014, we have not been able to verify your Microsoft Account / Live ID login information.

Please, visit the Registration Page again and make sure that you correctly input the information on the appropriate form field. HINT: This is the same login email that you used to set up your account on your Xbox.

Here's a link to the Registration Page.

https://msstudiosuserresearch.datstathost.com/Collector/Survey.ashx?Name=KI_PinULTIMATE

Also, make sure that you activated the game token that came in your KI Pin Ultimate Edition case. Either have your Xbox One read the QR Code from the token card (just say 'XBOX USE CODE' to your Kinect) or manually input the 25-digit code in the Games Store.

Be sure to read the eligibility requirements at http://killerinstinctpins.com

If you have already completed the January challenge or are planning to do it, don't worry. As long as you register correctly by Monday, January 20, 11:59PM PST, you will still be eligible to get a promo code for the first pin.

Thanks!

I used the only ID I have. When it asked for an updated email, I used a different one since I don't use the email I used to register my ID. I did the QR stuff already. If that didn't work, how am I able to play KI?

I expect this to happen since it is the first Pin Ultimate thing to happen. I just want it taken care of. Now I wait for any response via email.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    I am having the same issue as well!!! I entered everything correctly .... even double checked .... gonna be frustrated if I miss out on the first challenge pin!!

• Options
    The fact that the registration says you successfully do it baffles me. Why does it not verify your MS ID before saying we registered it? Why not just say, "Hey, dummy, something is wrong on this form?"

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I just finished chatting with Microsoft Support, very helpful even though my eligibility is still up in the air in regards to the registration.

In game in the KI Store it does not show that I have the Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On, but it does show it as part of my Xbox One game collection. Microsoft Support even verified I had the correct license in my Microsoft Account (MSA) which he said it was very odd because those who do the checking for the promotion should see it in my MSA too.

At the end of our discussion it was suggested to try using the email for my MSA as the Up-to-date email address. All-in-all now I've submitted the registration survey 3 times, once when it was first available, after getting the email stating I hadn't used the QR Code (which I did), and once again after speaking with Microsoft Support.

If you used a different email, I'd recommend using the same one, and seeing if that resolves the issue. I hope this is cleared up as soon as possible, given there is less than a week now.

• Options
    I refuse to talk on the phone with any MS employee. I've been through that joke of a system plenty of times already. Either things get sorted out via email/the form/here or maybe I'll just sell my Pin Ultimate pins and box and be done with it. I'm already sour on KI because of quitters not being punished.

This whole thing puts more check marks in the "You should've waited to get a One and just got a Wii U instead" column.

Keep each other informed of each other's situations.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I'm pissed now, I filled out everything correctly and I got an error myself.

The only thing I can think of is the email being case sensitive, but idk, I just resubmitted the same thing I did originally (with everything lowercase except for my Gamertag which I kept at how it's spelled out).