As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BROBA] Solve world hunger. Never stop feeding.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Kass is considered a general counter to Lux on some sites because he can riftwalk right to her while she tries to stay in the back row of teamfights but in lane she can handle him just fine.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Yeah I mean it makes sense wukong is in all of them since he's a big deal in that part of the world

Wukong was in LoL way before Tencent bought any part of them, I think.

I'm pretty sure he goes back to the Monkey King Bar item that used to be in the WCIII DotA.... and somebody finally went "welp, if his staff is in already..."

Nope. Tencent bought in early 2011, Wukong was released mid-late 2011.

That means he had to have been in development for way longer than before the merger, you don't poop out a champion in six months.

schuss wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So I didn't even know that Tencent owned Riot.

Clearly we've found the source behind all the Sun Wukongs in mobas.

They own a large piece of them, as they bought out the original VC's, but most of the ownership is still with Ryze/Trynd. The Trynd AMA recently clarified that.

This really surprises me given that all the news around the time made it sound like it was a majority stake; the first news article I could pull up said that they invested $400M, which valued Riot at ~$480M, indicating a clear majority stake. I also can't find anything in the AMA regarding Tencent or ownership with Ryze, and Wikipedia has a sourced link saying it was a majority share purchase. Do you actually have a link to Tryndamere saying that he Tencent doesn't have majority control?

Also as much as the "Chinese Wukong" theory is neat, I think the only one with a specifically large Chinese scene is DotA, and it's currently only at "Wu-Kong is confirmed and in the game as an overpowered secret boss" right now. And I guess League got Wukong after being bought out entirely by Tencent, but I think it's more just that he's a cool character than anything being specifically Chinese about him.

http://dd.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1u35tu/are_we_going_to_get_a_new_client_for_season_4/ceeagxn

The reason they put Wukong in was for the Chinese launch (IIRC) to help boost interest. Smart marketing move.

Well, like any good speculative argument, actual facts have pooped the party. Thanks a lot, schuss.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    same reason ahri was made for korean, and skins like mythic cass for greece

they probably switched to skins for releases because they were rapidly getting bigger and it took less time to make than a champion

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    jesus this patch broke my everything

I patched, and then had to reinstall, and now that I have, it wants to download a patch again, and god damn it all

I'm not going to have time to play until tonight but I had hoped to at least get it patched and ready before going out the door

and that seemed reasonable at the time since I had two hours to spare when I started

This happened to me with patch 0.1889.0

I eventually had to manually uninstall (using a manual uninstaller given to me by HiRez Support), then go into my registry and find one or two additional registry keys left behind, and then delete the SMITE-related shit in My Documents

Then reinstall

It was, uh, not a fun process to debug. Especially when in between each attempt you have to download a 4GB patch.

Oh hey yup and again with this patch.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lux is the Light.

lux is islam????

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Insec and Mafa performing the rarely seen LoL alley-oop.

Lee Sin kick into Alistar (flash) pulverize.

It was pretty incredible.

I forgot to mention the headbutt after the flash pulverize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCJm4E4NweI

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    that is known as a wombo combo

• NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Standing over the corpses of your enemies and spamming lux laugh is what is best in life.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I ate an engineer
    "Let's all stand right on top of each other so a single AoE ult can slaughter our whole team!"

I really like playing against dota 2 bots. It's a lot more fun than slaughtering bots in league.

xXNXOA7.png?1
    "Let's all stand right on top of each other so a single AoE ult can slaughter our whole team!"

only one of the heroes had an aoe ult

the rubick stole the tide's ult and turned it around on them

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

It was actually... 3? 4?

Naga siren's song

then dark seer vacuumed them together

then the other team's tidehunter countered with a ravage

Then the first team's rubick spell-stole the ravage and did it to THEM to stop the counter initiation

then came enigma's blackhole

• TefTef Registered User regular
    BLAAAAACKKKK

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    That's neither in the right order, nor does it assign the right teams to the heroes. Naga ults to set up, DS Vacuums to group, and Tide (all on the same team) ults as Naga's song is ending. However, Na'Vi:

Had a BKB up on Enigma, which he popped instantly, making the Tide ult and followup stuns miss.
    Jugg started spinning, also making it miss, and making them take more damage.
    Rubick and (I believe) Enchantress both used Force Staff on Rubick, pushing him out of Tide's ult range.

Enigma follows up with a Black Hole while Jugg is spinning, which pulls the enemy team closer together and does lots of damage. Rubick then the stolen Tide ult to hit all of the enemy team except their Lina, who then gets chased down.

As for being "grouped up":

The first team lost handily and didn't stop any counterinitiation. The reason they were "grouped together" is because they were setting up a massively popular wombo combo where Naga Siren's ultimate makes the enemy team stunned but unable to take damage, and then Dark Seer's Vacuum groups them together (their followup, when they could start doing damage, was going to be Tide ult to AoE stun, Lina for more stun, and Puck for more AoE damage and silence). They got outplayed by an unexpected counterinitiation.

You can also notice that the only heroes that were "grouped" on the team that lost the fight were their three melee heroes. Since they all had followup point blank AoE to land, being really close to the enemy team was pretty reasonable, especially since they were (theoretically) going to be chainstunned anyway. Puck did blink into the counterinitiation though, which was probably failing to react.

EDIT: To be clear, there were 4 AoE ults used: Naga sings, Tidehunter ravages, Enigma BKBs to avoid it and Black holes, and Rubick dodges Ravage, steals it with his ult, and uses it against them. 7 of the heroes in the game had AoE ults, but DS didn't rank his (common at the time), Shadow Shaman's was on cooldown, Puck died chainstunned, and Juggernaut didn't need to use his to kill the enemy team.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »
    also I was like maybe I'll load up smite and goof around. Looks like I have like 37 million patches to download. guess It's more dota 2 bot games for me.
    the drawback to how often smite updates is that if you don't update for a few months you're straight up better off just reinstalling

• eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    I think I'm done ADCing in ranked until I'm getting ~ 100 cs by 10 minutes in bot games. Just gonna Jungle Big Bad WW all day every day.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    aram with kayle yorick zilean nidalee and fizz

team neverdie won

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I've been doing a pseudo tankwick. I had a ton of money so I ended up buying Ruined King, Warmogs and Spirit Visage along with some other stuff. That was fun.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    dAq8cV6.jpg

:O

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I've been doing a pseudo tankwick. I had a ton of money so I ended up buying Ruined King, Warmogs and Spirit Visage along with some other stuff. That was fun.

otherwise known as the derpwick. always heal never die

try a frozen heart in there too (or in place of the warmogs), you wont be disappointed

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular

I rush wriggle's and boots out of the jungle, then I get spirit visage and frozen heart for max cdr and mad lifesteal. I've been building statikk shiv and triforce, but I kind of like the idea of using BORK. Especially since that active will even further guarantee wolf-related-deaths.

edited January 2014
    eddizhere wrote: »

I rush wriggle's and boots out of the jungle, then I get spirit visage and frozen heart for max cdr and mad lifesteal. I've been building statikk shiv and triforce, but I kind of like the idea of using BORK. Especially since that active will even further guarantee wolf-related-deaths.

don't build wriggles or shiv on warwick. get one of the spirit stone items for jungling (ancient golem or elder lizard), and if you need asp get witz. I don't think he gets enough out of a triforce either. you want damage items that will stack well with his passive and ult, so witz, bork, elder lizard. sunfire is something I see the pros building lately for either lanewick or jungle, not a bad idea either due to its passive.

Naphtali on
    Isn't Wriggle's almost universally considered to be really bad right now?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

Butters wrote: »
    Isn't Wriggle's almost universally considered to be really bad right now?

Correct

but primarily build warwick as a sustainable/tanky bruiser, so visage or frozen heart depending on main enemy team damage, max cdr, be fat, witz and sunfire are good damage and defensive items for him

if you're doing well then splurge on fun stuff like bork

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I'm tempted to go diving into the SCII arcade and see what the modders are doing in MOBAs nowadays. Get back to the roots.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Also, if you're considering any jungle item on Warwick it means you're playing one of the worst jungle champs in the game. Yeah he can solo dragon at level 8 but he's useless to the team in just about every other way.

Also, if you're considering any jungle item on Warwick it means you're playing one of the worst jungle champs in the game. Yeah he can solo dragon at level 8 but he's useless to the team in just about every other way.

warwick is situational. pretty great in double ad comps because of his w and his ult is still awesome. that said I'm looking forward if they get to him this year with a kit rework/vu

Still his ganks are bad, his team fight presence is garbage if he gets cut off from charging an enemy carry, and his high sustain in the jungle is easily overshadowed by his slow jungle creep clear. I have a tough time thinking of a good situation for him when there are literally 30 champs better at almost every task you expect from a jungler.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Oh yeah cyborg matt gave a update on dota custom maps there are people working on it, ill dig up the tweet.

icGJy2C.png
    edited January 2014
    Still his ganks are bad, his team fight presence is garbage if he gets cut off from charging an enemy carry, and his high sustain in the jungle is easily overshadowed by his slow jungle creep clear. I have a tough time thinking of a good situation for him when there are literally 30 champs better at almost every task you expect from a jungler.

Maybe at whatever level of play you're at, but Jungle WW has worked wonders for me. His ult with full cdr is basically a for sure kill every minute and because I'm getting fed I'm able to shred tanks and assassinate carries by end game.

eddizhere on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Ap warwick rides till he dies

icGJy2C.png
    derpwick is true terror

always heal never die

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    if you're jungling anyone but trundle idk what to tell you

you might as well just go play dota or something

T4CT wrote: »
    if you're jungling anyone but Sejuani idk what to tell you

you might as well just go play dota or something

xXNXOA7.png?1
    It's like you don't like riding your pig out of the jungle and laughing at the enemy team as they try to kill you.

xXNXOA7.png?1
This discussion has been closed.