As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Sif 2013 - Holiday gifts for gods and mortals

2»

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Correct!

According to Amazon, both of the remaining packages are due for delivery on the 2nd.

Note: grim123 supplied his own cat; the cat is not part of the gift package.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Looks like the stuff I sent should be out for delivery. Hopefully, they're received today.

• Options
    Indeed! I got a whole stack of books from Grifter, and I'm very excited about all of them! I'll post photos over the weekend; for now let me just tantalize you by saying that they are Super Dope and also Mega Rad.

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    2014-01-03%2000.28.06_zpsa30pb0ss.png second box arrived no sign of a third box.
    wow what a book bombardment
    king city looks very interesting.
    dont know what to read first lol
    Thanks again @delduwath

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmmm. According to UPS, the third package was delivered at 2pm yesterday, and left on a porch. If you still don't have it in a couple of days, I'll contact customer support and see what's up. Sorry about this!

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    um

so

my package is "held by carrier" in canada.

i have no idea what this means.

its says my action is required, but doesn't tell me what actions i need to do.

edit: so i guess delivery was attempted on December 29th and then it was held at carrier.

I hate to out myself before the package arrives, but @grifter did you get any notifications on your end?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Hey mate. I've been in Bermuda since December 22nd. So they're probably holding the package and I just have to go and pick it up. I fly back to Toronto tomorrow. I mentioned it to Secret Sif the other day but I guess the message wasn't relayed yet. Sorry for any stress that this may have caused you.

• Options
    Picked up the package from the post. Holy crap! That's an awesome load of books. Thanks!

• Options
    piccccccs

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Hmmm. According to UPS, the third package was delivered at 2pm yesterday, and left on a porch. If you still don't have it in a couple of days, I'll contact customer support and see what's up. Sorry about this!
    @delduwath still no box. maybe it got dropped off at the wrong house?
    wonder if it was two drivers?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nogs wrote: »
    piccccccs

Coming soon. I had a bunch of running around to do last night. Along with picking up your package I had to get a new pair of earphone since one of the ear pieces on my old ones stopped working. Then I had to go pick up my dog from my friend's place. He was taking care of my dog for the two weeks that I was out of the country. I'll post some pictures tonight.

• Options
    My sincerest apologies to @Grifter for taking so long to post these photos - I had a much busier couple of days than I anticipated.

Anyway, let's look at the awesome stuff Grifter got me!
    CallingDrLaura_zps2ec86e62.jpg
    Calling Dr. Laura!
    BlueBloods_zps0867a260.jpg
    Blue Bloods!
    ShaolinCowboy_zps9ce7f93b.jpg
    Shaolin Cowboy!
    BeautifulCreatures_zpsa82efcd7.jpg
    Beautiful Creatures!
    Lucifer_zps4782271c.jpg
    Lucifer!

Shaolin Cowboy I've heard of, but don't really know anything about. Lucifer has been on my to-read list for close to a decade now. The other comics I'd never even heard of - which is exactly what I wanted! This is an amazing gift, and I'm super-excited to read all of these comics! Thank you so much, dude.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh my god The Shaolin Cowboy looks amazing

• Options
    Glad that you're excited about all of the books. I've been a huge fan of Lucifer for a long time and when I saw that it wasn't on your list of owned books, I was excited to share it with another eager reader. Shaolin Cowboy is an awesome book. The artwork by Darrow is super detailed and fun. The writing and story is really interesting. The guy has a talking donkey as a side-kick. I actually haven't read the rest of the books that I sent to you but they were on a top ten list of good reads from 2013 so figured they were worth buying for a gift.

• Options
    :( no grifter pics

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sorry, mate. They're coming. I took some over the weekend and I'll put them up this evening. They are some awesome books.