As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET BOBCATS Discussion

123457»

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Quintious wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be revealing who we Santa'd for? It's not that I care, I just see the gift chains and am wondering if it's something I'm "supposed" to be revealing.

It's not required, though most of us like the chance to thank our gifter properly. =) Nothing wrong with remaining anonymous, though! The gift chains are just kinda a fun thing to do, and I've never seen them complete just because some people ~would~ rather remain anonymous, for one reason or another.

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    parabola wrote: »
    Oh my god... After what seemed like forever i'm finally able to get these pics online!

Shall we start?
    IMG_01821_zps443c4826.jpg
    A package! "Rattles"... I can confirm, it did rattle.
    IMG_01861_zps8d5ce468.jpg
    I would be lying if I said this wasn't my favorite thing in the box. A D&D dice that lights up when you roll 20s, definitely making use of this.

Thank you Bobcat... Who I assume was Vapok?

Haha... Glad you liked everything. There's a story behind that die....

I went to go ship it.. and because it contained a battery, and it was going across borders.. I had to declare it as "hazardous materials". Holy Moly...

I didn't write "rattles" on the box, so either UPS did or Customs did. Either way.. Awesome!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    Also, can someone explain how the "gift chain" works?

Vapok
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    When the chain is completed, the Bobcats are tamed for yet another eleven months and are lulled to hibernation by all the use of the gifts we have received.

...Okay. I really don't know, but I think that's good enough reason.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    I went to go ship it.. and because it contained a battery, and it was going across borders.. I had to declare it as "hazardous materials". Holy Moly...

You're actually really lucky that you didn't have to open the package and take the batteries out of the product. Most of that time, that's how batteries need to be shipped (of course it depends on the battery and shipment style). Possibly they didn't think it'd be deem as much of a threat.

It is hazardous because if it catches fire, they need to do a sweep of every "hazardous material" in the cargo to determine what sort of "clean up" materials can be used. Certain items/products cannot be used with certain hazardous devices.

I work too much with export and import laws.

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also, can someone explain how the "gift chain" works?
    I'm not sure what you mean? It's just a record of who got gifts for whom, compiled by me via posts in the bobcats threads.

How can it go deeper than two levels?

Vapok
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bobcat has been received and well taken care of. Pictures and post in proper thread when I get off from work.

edited January 2014
    How can it go deeper than two levels?
    I think you might be mis-reading something, or I am vastly misunderstanding you. Is it because I didn't put spacing in between each chain?

Person X :arrow: person Y means person X got gift for person Y. If person Y got gift for person Z, it would go
    person x :arrow: person y :arrow: person z

So on and so forth. The question marks indicate an anonymous gifter.

BombClancy :arrow: DashD :arrow: MagicSwordKing :arrow: BombClancy

??? :arrow: Lady Amalthea :arrow: msuroo :arrow: griff6659

??? :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: ElSantos :arrow: Frugus :arrow: pureval :arrow: bubblegumnex

??? :arrow: cookiekrush :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: kropotkin :arrow: PRD

??? :arrow: GermanCityGirl :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye :arrow: rileyper :arrow: draklan :arrow: LittleMissRachel :arrow: APacMan :arrow: Mysticode

??? :arrow: Jim Sharkmagic :arrow: sacratoy :arrow: Ysterath :arrow: chupamiubre

??? :arrow: zerzhul :arrow: Vapok :arrow: parabola :arrow: aBByNormaL :arrow: Kirindal

??? :arrow: Aussie Ben :arrow: AtomicGaryBusey :arrow: CaptainTapole :arrow: Manic2k

zeromyst :arrow: clickpictony :arrow: Moe Fwacky

??? :arrow: Lady Lilybell :arrow: QuickSnap

Kwaizy :arrow: SmallLady :arrow: contrefait

??? :arrow: Delaney

??? :arrow: Quintious

zerzhul on
    So funny story... Zerzhul has straightened this all out for me..

But I read his chains up there as.. literally..

??? sends cookierush a present, who in turn sent that present to Nullzone, who then sent that same present to kropotkin, who then finally delivered it to PRD.

That my friends... Is a gift chain.

Vapok
    That would be a fun game to play at pax.

@Manic2K
    Drop Bear and Detective Troll? Never heard of it. Alas, no, not a custom order.

It's from the Trolls Around the World Series from late 1980s/early 1990s. I remember my sister having one from Germany (as she was born there) and me having one of the USA (as I was born in California.)

I don't know if you were born there, but since you currently reside there, I figured a koala and troll from Australia would work.

Also! So glad you liked them all! The Boyfriend was jealous I got you a bag of Belly Flops but none for ourselves.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    My supplementary pics will have to wait as we got socked with a blizzard and -30 degree weather coupled with power outages. Spent 3.5 hrs snow blowing today in 70kph winds ... I so luv winter ( not)! 6 foot drifts wind packed so they are as thick as heck. Really not enjoying myself today. I hurt all over.

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Quintious wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be revealing who we Santa'd for? It's not that I care, I just see the gift chains and am wondering if it's something I'm "supposed" to be revealing.

It's not required, though most of us like the chance to thank our gifter properly. =) Nothing wrong with remaining anonymous, though! The gift chains are just kinda a fun thing to do, and I've never seen them complete just because some people ~would~ rather remain anonymous, for one reason or another.

Ahh. OK, well, not a big deal (esp. since it'll likely all get figured out anyways with the chain thread). Griff6659 drew me to be Santa to, and I had Zerzhul, which would join a few of those chains together.

• contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    I see no reason to remain anonymous so in the interest of completing the chain, I was lady lilybell's gift giving person.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    edited January 2014
    Updated!

BombClancy :arrow: DashD :arrow: MagicSwordKing 2 :arrow: BombClancy

??? :arrow: Lady Amalthea :arrow: msuroo :arrow: griff6659 :arrow: Quintious 2 :arrow: zerzhul :arrow: Vapok :arrow: parabola :arrow: aBByNormaL :arrow: Kirindal :arrow: Kwaizy :arrow: SmallLady :arrow: contrefait :arrow: Lady Lilybell :arrow: QuickSnap

??? :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: ElSantos :arrow: Frugus :arrow: pureval :arrow: bubblegumnex

??? :arrow: cookiekrush :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: kropotkin :arrow: PRD

zeromyst :arrow: clickpictony :arrow: Moe Fwacky 2 :arrow: GermanCityGirl :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye :arrow: rileyper :arrow: draklan :arrow: LittleMissRachel :arrow: APacMan :arrow: Mysticode

??? :arrow: Jim Sharkmagic :arrow: sacratoy :arrow: Ysterath :arrow: chupamiubre

??? :arrow: Aussie Ben :arrow: AtomicGaryBusey :arrow: CaptainTapole :arrow: Manic2k

??? :arrow: Delaney

??? :arrow: PedroAsani

zerzhul on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    As it appears she has not been online since the Holiday Hangout, I have chosen to reveal myself as Jim Sharkmagic's Bobcat.

6rceun58332p.png
This discussion has been closed.