As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragons Nest] New Nexon MMO Open Beta starts today!

12345679»

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Just saw it cause of your post, I'll try it out. Having a problem picking a class because I don't know what will be good/useful/I'd like.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Take a look at specializations too, since that'll make a difference at 15+. I went tinkerer -> engineer and am focused on robots and bombs, it's a lot of fun.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/micro-site/SecondSpecializations

Played a warrior a bit too. If you're not already thinking about end game pvp I wouldn't worry about "good," just pick something fun.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    So after seeing a few people poking around in this game on Steam, I decided to check it out. I hadn't played since the beta pass I picked up at PAX a few years ago. The game certainly isn't super modern in terms of UI or graphics, but it's still a very pretty game and fun. The writing is sort of tongue-in-cheek stupid and entertaining, the combat is fantastic, and dungeons are really quick to run. Was surprised to see that there was zero activity on this on the PA forum, did everyone burn out early or what?

I never played it before in beta so never had a chance to burn out. We started up a small guild too... mostly just some of us who have been playing FFXIV together.

Anyone who wants an invite lemme know, either through steam which is in my sig or ingame friend me and ask me when I'm on.

In game name is Gudbrande
    I'm not sure who else has invite ability, but Aridemas made the guild, thats his in game name as well.

The game is super fun. I like that how you spec really can be best based off how you play. The math on some abilities works out better, but there is enough options so that the animations and how you chain things together matters the most. I'm lvl 48 destroyer. Leveling isn't that bad either, I suggest people grab every single quest they can and after each dungeon they do. Then stick to the main quest. If you get each side quest done its not a big deal, keep the main quest upto date and it should lead you through each dungeon multiple times. Also, always grab the extra commission quest off the board outside a dungeon when you do it.

For enchanting, +6 is super easy to get. Really no reason not to +6 just about everything. After that though you can lose your item completely, so its not worth it until endgame.

edit: Oh and dont worry about storage. Everything is pretty much vendor trash other than crafting mats and when you move up to the next tier of gear the current mats you have become trash pretty much.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    This game is really fun so far. I think my only gripe is playing it solo, it gets extremely boring for me but when I get a group it becomes this adventure of explosions.

• Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    Best fun I've had in awhile lol. It's a nice oh I want some fast combat versus FFXIV, especially since I'm gonna be tanking now fulltime lol

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I'll probably re-roll a Mystic Sorceress next time I log onto Dragon Nest. I enjoy the Screamer but the CC in this game is hilarious.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    yes... the juggles and shit are an "art form" according to the PVP crowd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_unQkynxI

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    All four of you are sick. SICK I TELL YOU! ;)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

Come on Delphi, you know you want to.

I actually haven't been playing this week on account of marvel heroes, which is a shame because the combat in Dragon Nest is so much FUN.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Come on Delphi, you know you want to.

I actually haven't been playing this week on account of marvel heroes, which is a shame because the combat in Dragon Nest is so much FUN.

Oh I've played it, it's fun enough. I just like teasing those four in particular about it. It's just not really a game I can really get into it personally but I don't fault the game for that, just the style in general. It's a fun diversion but I always find myself switching to other games.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    I'm about to download this. Anyone know what classes are OP/UP or high demand/low demand?

3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    Oh nevermind, you can't play on the Japanese servers from a foreign connection. That's lame.

3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584