As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Echo

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Echo

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    KaZeFenrirKaZeFenrir Registered User regular
    Wow... Those last two panels.. just.. yeah. Maybe its just because Im high on sugar, but those last two, I just stopped and appreciated. Also Seventeen always looks like someone threw her in the dryer with fresh cat litter.

• Options
    FenrisknightFenrisknight Token Canadian CanadianRegistered User regular
    Those last two panels just really resonated with me for some reason too....

• Options
    BaronbrianBaronbrian Registered User regular
    I believe it was Nietzsche, or perhaps Groucho Marx, who said, "Shout into the abyss and you will only hear yourself reflected back. Say nothing and you will hear truth." Or Brian just has a sore throat that day. But that's the great thing about being big, silent and mysterious. You never know FOR SURE if it's profound or mundane.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    only two words spoken,
    but this comic says ...

• Options
    dmautzdmautz Registered User regular
    Maybe he farted.

• Options
    shark jacobsshark jacobs Registered User regular
    has it been explicitly stated somewhere that Seventeen is so named because she is her family's seventeenth child?

• Options
    AlexxAlexx Registered User regular
    This is goin' on my list of "I cannot accurately explain why I laughed so hard at this" comics.

• Options
    mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I thought I found the cat in the second panel down in the valley. There was a black dot there that wasn't anywhere else. Then I scrolled at realized it was crud on my screen.

• Options
    sketchitysketchity Registered User regular
    he's a mountain of few words.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    mushy wrote: »
    I thought I found the cat in the second panel down in the valley. There was a black dot there that wasn't anywhere else. Then I scrolled at realized it was crud on my screen.

I found the cat pretty easily in this one. The scenery in all the panels is the same, just look for what's changed

• Options
    HollenheimHollenheim Registered User regular
    has it been explicitly stated somewhere that Seventeen is so named because she is her family's seventeenth child?

Yep, it is in the material from the presentation she made during Strip Search. If you go on the Strip Search website, under spoilers, select the Finale one and all the pages they made for their presentations are there, gives a bit fuller backstory for the 3 main characters.

Still trying to figure out which character is my favorite, the development of all of them have been excellent.

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Brian always comes up with the right words (or non-words).

• Options
    MrBenMrBen Registered User regular
    Katie, it's 2014 now.. Your doing yourself out of an entire year of copyright protection....

• Options
    mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    MRBEN these may have been drawn in 2013, or she's clumsy like me and doesn't start remembering to use the new number until a few months in

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In many cases a lot of these are done well in advance.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    WHOOPS haha, thanks, I'll fix that in a little bit. I use a template that has palettes and guides and my signature when I start a new comic and I always forget to update it for the new year. Whomp whomp!

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Nah, just leave it be. It makes us think that you're super diligent and ahead of the game.

• Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Strangely beautiful.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Options
    dobberspdobbersp Registered User regular
    Brian is shaping up to be my favorite character. Keep up the great work Katie. d:- D

• Options
    Kwaussie VikingKwaussie Viking Registered User new member
    in the 2nd panel the mountains looked like mountains,
    in the 4th they looked happy and fun,
    in the 6th they looked solemn and majestic.

• Options
    AmakeAmake Registered User regular
    But my words, like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed
    In the wells of silence

• Options
    WolfyWolfy Registered User new member
    I thought the mountains were going to smile back

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Down here silence is the loudest scream.

It is needed to move away. To place where we meet and embrace in space that waits for time. Believe in us, in you and me.

And in poop.