As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3/360, they both match my hi-fi now, which do I buy?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    corin7 wrote: »
    Wow, have to say darkwarriow just stepped over the line. There is hi I'm a fanboy and then there is just straight up losing all credibility. I don't even want a Wii. I haven't touched my DS in over 6 months. Even I can see nintendo has the round wrapped up. Shit I just had a conversation with 3 co-workers while heating up my lunch that all just bought Wiis and are loving them. None of them had a console last generation. No matter how bad you want Sony to win it just isn't happening this time.

Or I'm just being sensible. I work in game retail and it can be really hard to get people to buy a Wii with more than WiiPlay because they aren't interested in the games available. More people ask for Twilight Princess on the GameCube than the Wii. And they own the Wii.
    cloudeagle wrote: »

So Neva, why is it okay for Darkwarrior to be overly defensive but not anyone else?

I'm not being defensive, I made a statement and you got defensive over it. I asked you to back up the Wii with some actual evidence.

...a statement which was defensive. And I backed it up, like you asked.

Come to think of it, if you actually work in video game retail, why do you have no idea what's coming out for one of the major systems?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow, have to say darkwarriow just stepped over the line. There is hi I'm a fanboy and then there is just straight up losing all credibility. I don't even want a Wii. I haven't touched my DS in over 6 months. Even I can see nintendo has the round wrapped up. Shit I just had a conversation with 3 co-workers while heating up my lunch that all just bought Wiis and are loving them. None of them had a console last generation. No matter how bad you want Sony to win it just isn't happening this time.

Or I'm just being sensible. I work in game retail and it can be really hard to get people to buy a Wii with more than WiiPlay because they aren't interested in the games available. More people ask for Twilight Princess on the GameCube than the Wii. And they own the Wii.

So Neva, why is it okay for Darkwarrior to be overly defensive but not anyone else?

I'm not being defensive, I made a statement and you got defensive over it. I asked you to back up the Wii with some actual evidence.

Come to think of it, if you actually work in video game retail, why do you have no idea what's coming out for one of the major systems?

I do. Paper Mario and Mario Galaxies. I'm sure theres something else Mario too. Mario kart, thats it.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Well thats cool then. You go ahead and roll with the info from your store. I will base my assessment off the fact that nintendo worldwide is dominating in both hardware and software sales. Not just kinda of doing better, but absolutely dominating.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I do. Paper Mario and Mario Galaxies. I'm sure theres something else Mario too. Mario kart, thats it.

So basically, you're a shitty salesman. The best video game salesmen would know about all three systems, since a sale opportunity is a sale opportunity is a sale opportunity, no matter what system it is.

And nice of you to completely ignore the list you asked me to dig up for you.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That was my fault, Cloud. I thought I was still reading the "touch each other while we talk about the Wii" thread.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Neva wrote: »
    That was my fault, Cloud. I thought I was still reading the "touch each other while we talk about the Wii" thread.

it's funny because it's true

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Don't be obtuse. When the PS3 starts selling well we'll be talking about it plenty there.

Not to mention we're actually talking about how well Bioshock is doing. Yeesh.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

So basically, you're a shitty salesman. The best video game salesmen would know about all three systems, since a sale opportunity is a sale opportunity is a sale opportunity, no matter what system it is.

And nice of you to completely ignore the list you asked me to dig up for you.

I didn't ignore it. I looked at it. Gotta say I wasn't terribly impressed. Which was my initial impression before you said that there were a tonne of new games coming to the system. It is still my impression knowing what these games are.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Don't be obtuse. When the PS3 starts selling well we'll be talking about it plenty there.

"Hah, obtuse", chuckles Neva as she takes another sip of her wine. "Oh, how mudane of you!".

The whole thread is about how amazing the Wii is and how shitty the PS3 is. Which is stupid, because neither of them have any good games anyways, which is just like the first year of every system in history. Also, it's these same annoying chubby dilholes that come into where I work everyday after they get off from school, so I hate them. Not to say that you're a chubby dilhole though.

Neva on

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My response to the original poster: If you can only afford to buy one console, pick one, and you will very likely be happy with your purchase. The posters before me managed to do a good job highlighting good games and features on both systems. If one of the games/features that someone brought up is of particular interest to you, then by all means go with your gut and get that system. Focus on the positives you got with the system you purchased, not on the opportunity cost of not getting system B.

If you had originally asked, "For those of you who have bought and owned one system, have the positives outweighed the negatives?", the response would probably be a majority of "Yes" answers.
    I'm going to take a minute to shout at the rain here, I guess Im feeling bold.

This console war is such a waste of energy on the part of the gaming community. Like Gabe said on the recent podcast, the only reason to hate one console is because you cant afford to buy both (common enough, ive been there myself). But you are a gamer and you dont want to miss out on spectacular video games. Even then, the hate is misplaced energy. You are really just mad at fate, because VG companies cant figure out that they'd make more money with a unified single platform (a post topic for another day). Fighting with someone about which console is better? Become friends, play each others consoles and you BOTH WIN.

Gamers are behaving like mutants in the first X-Men movie, wasting their time fighting each other. We should act like its X-Men 2 and band together. When non-gamers threaten us (with unconstitutional laws and such), we should band together. When non-gamers leave us alone, then the only thing you should do is feel sad that their lives are so cold and empty, while you go about your day doing cool stuff with your mutant powers. Honestly, Console A can manipulate metal with its mind, Console B can freeze anything and create Ice, and Console C can shoot laser beams from its eyes. All these things are awesome.

Octavian on
    PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    edited September 2007

"Hah, obtuse", chuckles Neva as she takes another sip of her wine. "Oh, how mudane of you!".

The whole thread is about how amazing the Wii is and how shitty the PS3 is. Which is stupid, because neither of them have any good games anyways, which is just like the first year of every system in history. Also, it's these same annoying chubby dilholes that come into where I work everyday after they get off from school, so I hate them. Not to say that you're a chubby dilhole though.

Okay then, don't be a dick. The thread is about video game sales, and the people in there actively slapped posters down when they tried to start up console wars.

Zephyr can attest to that.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Darkwarrior. You didn't even get the actual real name.

So, on topic. I have to say that absent the price difference, I'd be much more amenable to a PS3 purchase. I've never been a giant fan of Halo since those bastards moved it off the Mac, and I do love MGS. I think that at the moment my problem is actually that there's no Crackdown. Maybe GTA IV will fill that role, though. But seriously, my most played games are probably Gears and Crackdown, because Crackdown is stupid fun that never ends, and Gears is something to do with my roomies.

Right now my problem isn't that there are no good games for the PS3, it's that they seem to have still not brought their selection of multi-player titles up to steam, and there aren't quite enough single-player ones. I mean, I love my PS2, but it just didn't have anything except a few fighting games that I could play with friends, and now that I've finished the selection of (awesome) titles, it's dead. I still play Mario Kart with my girlfriend on her N64. The 360 seems to be a bit of a compromise. Not the greatest multi-player games in the world, but very decent ones, and some single-player ones I've been really waiting for.

Edit: Octavian I think the Wii is probably Kitty Pryde, and the 360 might be Iceman, and the PS3 is Magneto but the reformed one who led the X-Men for a while and was pretty cool.

Also your analogy is awesome.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Okay then, don't be a dick. The thread is about video game sales, and the people in there actively slapped posters down when they tried to start up console wars.

Well I imagine it wouldn't be hard when everyone in the thread is touching each other while talking about the Wii, like my witty title for the thread said. They all hate Sony together, so there is no need for war!

Neva on

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think we all need to chill out and eat some cake...because everyone can agree that cake is awesome right? right?!

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well I imagine it wouldn't be hard when everyone in the thread is touching each other while talking about the Wii, like my witty title for the thread said. They all hate Sony together, so there is no need for war!

So basically you refuse to read the actual content of the thread and argue based on your imagination rather than facts. Good to know.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yes...yes I did. I could have had Darkwarrior at the time I registered but instead I decided to have THE making me, yes amazing, THEdarkwarrior. Not Darkwarrior56, not DurkWarrior1984, THEDarkWarrior. Douche.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

So basically you refuse to read the actual content of the thread and argue based on your imagination rather than facts. Good to know.

Oh my, how obtuse! If it were my imagination, it would be more than 70 pages! It would probably have less "Xenogears of Bore" as well. He probably annoys me more then the rest of your filthy obtuse kind!

Obtuse.

Neva on

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Knock it off, people.

God.

No one cares if you think Nick is cuter than Justin but Justin has more talent but Joey is totally dreamy. They only care about which backstreet Boy they want to piddle with.

Stop acting like 12 year old girls.

Accualt on
  • Options
    robcat09robcat09 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    what is this thread about? I forgot. :-|

robcat09 on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I didn't ignore it. I looked at it. Gotta say I wasn't terribly impressed. Which was my initial impression before you said that there were a tonne of new games coming to the system. It is still my impression knowing what these games are.

Yes. But most people are not you. The Wii is selling hottest of all the consoles on the market, and you sir are being a moron for trying to take shots that make little sense, based only on anecdotal experience and personal bias.

Good show sir, good show.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    apotheos wrote: »

Yes. But most people are not you. The Wii is selling hottest of all the consoles on the market, and you sir are being a moron for trying to take shots that make little sense, based only on anecdotal experience and personal bias.

The same anecdotal experience applied to the PS3?

Anyway, why, as a person trying to get this thread back on track, would you come in here and comment on something said about 2 hours ago that was already forgotten about and pushed into the background of the tubes?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    apotheos wrote: »

The same anecdotal experience applied to the PS3?

Anyway, why, as a person trying to get this thread back on track, would you come in here and comment on something said about 2 hours ago that was already forgotten about and pushed into the background of the tubes?

It was one of those times when you fill out the reply, forget to hit submit, go to a meeting, and then comeback and post like you're from a time machine.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    chesspiecefacechesspieceface Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

So, on topic. I have to say that absent the price difference, I'd be much more amenable to a PS3 purchase. I've never been a giant fan of Halo since those bastards moved it off the Mac, and I do love MGS. I think that at the moment my problem is actually that there's no Crackdown. Maybe GTA IV will fill that role, though. But seriously, my most played games are probably Gears and Crackdown, because Crackdown is stupid fun that never ends, and Gears is something to do with my roomies.

Right now my problem isn't that there are no good games for the PS3, it's that they seem to have still not brought their selection of multi-player titles up to steam, and there aren't quite enough single-player ones. I mean, I love my PS2, but it just didn't have anything except a few fighting games that I could play with friends, and now that I've finished the selection of (awesome) titles, it's dead. I still play Mario Kart with my girlfriend on her N64. The 360 seems to be a bit of a compromise. Not the greatest multi-player games in the world, but very decent ones, and some single-player ones I've been really waiting for.

Edit: Octavian I think the Wii is probably Kitty Pryde, and the 360 might be Iceman, and the PS3 is Magneto but the reformed one who led the X-Men for a while and was pretty cool.

Also you analogy is awesome.
    EXACTLY!!! The 360 is an omega class mutant who can survive without a corporeal form. It doesn't need to eat, it doesn't need to sleep, it is an unstopable force if it can just get past it's own self doubt.

The PS3 is a deeply psychologically flawed individual who always seems to end up using it's power to hurt those that it loves and themselves as well.

I couldn't have put it better myself =P

chesspieceface on
    WillieTannerBuilds - Youtube (Let's Play series including Minecraft, Terraria, Age of Empires and more.)
    Willie Tanner Livestream
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    That's a terrible analogy.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    Riiiight....

So, anyway, I think XBLA makes the case for the 360. Granted, I've had no experience with the PS3 equivalent, but I can't imagine it's already as fleshed out as XBLA. It's just so easy. Worth the $400 all by itself.

What do you mean by it is 'easy'? navigation?

Yes. It's just so simple and straight-forward. Very User Friendly. Very Un-Microsofty, if you know what I mean. Not to mention actually getting into a multiplayer game is a breeze. I love XBLA. More than life itself. Okay?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Riiiight....

So, anyway, I think XBLA makes the case for the 360. Granted, I've had no experience with the PS3 equivalent, but I can't imagine it's already as fleshed out as XBLA. It's just so easy. Worth the $400 all by itself.

What do you mean by it is 'easy'? navigation?

Yes. It's just so simple and straight-forward. Very User Friendly. Very Un-Microsofty, if you know what I mean. Not to mention actually getting into a multiplayer game is a breeze. I love XBLA. More than life itself. Okay?

The more I read this thread and listen to gabe and tycho's podcast the more I realize I need all three systems.
    My birthday is next month. I have a PS3, PSP, and a good PC. Do I get a 360 or a wii first? Oh, you should know that my TV has an available 480p input, but no more hi-def inputs, so I would need a switch for the 360, but i'm all set for a wii.

robcat09 on
  • Options
    UnicronUnicron Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    Knock it off, people.

God.

No one cares if you think Nick is cuter than Justin but Justin has more talent but Joey is totally dreamy. They only care about which backstreet Boy they want to piddle with.

Stop acting like 12 year old girls.

Man fuck the Backstreet Boys. N*Sync is totally where it's at.

Do the cool kids say where it's at? Are the cool kids still the cool kids? Please internet, tell me what to think!

Unicron on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The more I read this thread and listen to gabe and tycho's podcast the more I realize I need all three systems.
    My birthday is next month. I have a PS3, PSP, and a good PC. Do I get a 360 or a wii first? Oh, you should know that my TV has an available 480p input, but no more hi-def inputs, so I would need a switch for the 360, but i'm all set for a wii.

Honestly, as much as I like the 360, if you have a PS3 now I'd go for a Wii. You'll get two very different experiences and a greater variety of games that way.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I personally very much feel that as a 360 owner there is no point at all in owning a PS3 (I will not purchase any new movie format at this time FWIW)

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »

Honestly, as much as I like the 360, if you have a PS3 now I'd go for a Wii. You'll get two very different experiences and a greater variety of games that way.

You know, it's funny.
    I had a PS2 since its launch and enjoyed it. I had no intentions of getting a Gamecube (not the biggest nintendo fan) but my PARENTS surptised me with one on christmas morning. Good thing they did, because I had fun with Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 (my most favorite all-time game) and um... well, I'm sure there are others.

Now I'm in the same situation. Do I want someone to get me another nintendo console so i can play the 3 games they develop for it? I have a feeling that due to the tremendous sales of the wii's there will be boatloads of games available for it in the coming years (much different from the gamecube in that regard).

I'm also wary of the wii because it seems to have so many small parts and wires and such... is it a hassle to keep things tidy with a wii? Is my kid gonna strangle himself if I leave the nunchuck connected to the wand? Does that bar sensor thing disappear somewhere or is it gonna be out sitting on top of my center channel speaker?

robcat09 on
  • Options
    chesspiecefacechesspieceface Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You know, it's funny.
    I had a PS2 since its launch and enjoyed it. I had no intentions of getting a Gamecube (not the biggest nintendo fan) but my PARENTS surptised me with one on christmas morning. Good thing they did, because I had fun with Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 (my most favorite all-time game) and um... well, I'm sure there are others.

Now I'm in the same situation. Do I want someone to get me another nintendo console so i can play the 3 games they develop for it? I have a feeling that due to the tremendous sales of the wii's there will be boatloads of games available for it in the coming years (much different from the gamecube in that regard).

I'm also wary of the wii because it seems to have so many small parts and wires and such... is it a hassle to keep things tidy with a wii? Is my kid gonna strangle himself if I leave the nunchuck connected to the wand? Does that bar sensor thing disappear somewhere or is it gonna be out sitting on top of my center channel speaker?
    I think the key deciding factor on if you should get a Wii is if you can actually find one. If you are thinking about getting more than one system soon, you might be more better served just picking up the 360 which is readily available than sitting around with your fingers crossed for god knows how long looking for a Wii.

chesspieceface on
    WillieTannerBuilds - Youtube (Let's Play series including Minecraft, Terraria, Age of Empires and more.)
    Willie Tanner Livestream
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's a terrible analogy.

You, sir, are a terrible analogy.

No I'm kidding, never change.

tl;dr at the bottom.

I will now lay down my personal position, because I'm not really capable of doing anything else, and the OP may be able to find some parallels to his own situation.

I'm a university student. I work on a farm during the summer for long hours making decent pay, so in short bursts I have a fair amount of disposable income to play around with...this never lasts long into the year unless I horde it, so I have to be extremely careful with my money.

I'm a Wii owner. Me and my girlfriend split the cost of one at launch, and we still enjoy it immensely. The Virtual Console is an undiluted joy that has to be addressed carefully, because it is the greatest moneysink that Nintendo ever invented and people are thanking them for it. I just finished Corruption, 100%, on Veteran. I'm thinking of investing in Mario Strikers Charged so I can play online with my little brother, who bought a Wii at launch using his farm money. I love Raving Rabbids (will buy the sequel), have yet to invest in SPM for want of funds, will be buying Fire Emblem, and am practically giddy over the slew of third party titles looming on the horizon, like a storm cloud made of fun. The Wii is a purchase I have never, not in my darkes tmoments, regretted, and it looks like things will be getting better from here on out.

But, of course, the Wii by itself is not enough. Not to say that I'm not satisfied with the console itself - I am - but I want more. I need more.

I have a $3000 laptop from a year ago that runs Half-Life 2 like a giddy dream and does some 3-D gaming pretty damn capably, but Bioshock is at a level where I can't comfortably run the game. I am a casual PC gamer, chiefly playing Warcraft 3 with my friends. This is not enough either, and it doesn't help that I can't afford to upgrade.

My DS is wonderful. Region-free gaming is awesome and it has a library that blows me out of the water. My girlfriend just imported Phoenix Wright 3 and I'm waiting for her to finish it so I can play. But it's still not enough.

Both the 360 and the PS3 have experiences that I'm just not going to get anywhere else, for several practical reasons. These are actually echoes of the experiences offered last generation, just to greater degrees.

I'm a sort-of 360 owner - me and my brother bought one early last year, along with Dead Rising and Oblivion. I left it with him when I left for university. He still has it. This means that if I got an Xbox 360, I could play online with him, and the idea of being able to go through Gears of War in co-op with my little brother is intensely compelling. Halo 3 even moreso - we beat Halo 2 together, raged at the ending together, went online for the first time together. We could play Too Human together when it comes out. I could play Tiger Woods (or whatever the FOTM golf game is at the moment) with my father. Being able to connect with my family is important to me, and they already have the 360.

More than that, though, the 360 just has some games I can't see myself doing without. Seen those new Ninja Gaiden 2 screens? Daddy likes - and I already owned Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black, so Sigma means nothing to me in comparison. I'm going against the social barometer and hoping for the best with Too Human. Mass Effect looks stunning. The 360 versions of GTAIV and Assassin's Creed will probably be the definitive ones, like every multiplatform release up to now. My girlfriend, who hasn't owned more than one console per generation in her life, wants a 360 so she can play Rock Band with me and her sister.

But the PS3 is just as bad. I don't give two damns about Heavenly Sword or Lair or basically any game out on the system right now, but I do see the potential here. I love Metal Gear, I thought Final Fantasy XII was the best game in the series and hope that FFXIII carries on in that tradition, I know that God of War 3 is coming down the pipe like some hideous juggernaut, and I will end up buying the damn system if only because I as a gamer am required to play the next Team ICO game.

You can make pretty convincing arguments for both - in fact, sometime within the next three or four years I hope to own all the systems - so it's really got to come down to what you think will give you the better experience when you buy it. The question of which system to buy implies immediacy, because if we're talking about potential we might as well wait until the potential is fulfilled and buy the systems in question at reduced prices, and in terms of what I want and need right now I can't help that notice that the 360 is a much sweeter-looking beast. I need to be able to play games online with my brother and father, my girlfriend needs a more affordable way to play Rock Band, I really wanna play Ninja Gaiden 2 before the PS4 comes out.

For me the decision is clear; for you, maybe not so much, but that question remains: what do you want out of your games, and which system will give them to you?

tl;dr

Personally I'd go for the 360, but chiefly because of extenuating circumstances. Consider which system can do better things for you and pick that one.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know, it's funny.

I think the key deciding factor on if you should get a Wii is if you can actually find one. If you are thinking about getting more than one system soon, you might be more better served just picking up the 360 which is readily available than sitting around with your fingers crossed for god knows how long looking for a Wii.

WOW I had no idea they were not available on store shelves still. That is crazy. I don't think I'd lose any sleep over not having a wii right away.

I may just ask for a bunch of PS3 games. Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted are both must-buy for me.
    And I'd also like Two Worlds for the PC. *mmmm* GAMES!

robcat09 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know, it's funny.

WOW I had no idea they were not available on store shelves still. That is crazy. I don't think I'd lose any sleep over not having a wii right away.

I may just ask for a bunch of PS3 games. Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted are both must-buy for me.
    And I'd also like Two Worlds for the PC. *mmmm* GAMES!

The thing to remember is that, admittedly, the PS3 library isn't huge or amazing at the moment but in the next few months...

Assassins Creed, Army of Two, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Kane and Lynch, Haze, Bladestorm, Eternal Sonata, Brothers in Arms : Hells Highway, Blacksite Area 51, Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed ProStreet, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk retail, Folklore, Devil May Cry 4, Lair, Eye of Judgement, Call of Duty 4 and I think most if not all of them are before Xmas.

Then not long after Xmas you get GTA4, if you're into that. Plus White Knight Story which looks amazing.

Again, admittedly, a lot of them are also multi-platform but if you're interested in a PS3 then it makes no sense to get a 360 for the same games. And again, you don't have as large a possibility of being without your console when sending it for repairs which doesn't happen to everyone but DOES happen.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Wait, DarkWarrior

Are you still hyping Lair?

I mean, I haven't played it or anything, but the general consensus has been poor.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Wait, DarkWarrior

Are you still hyping Lair?

I mean, I haven't played it or anything, but the general consensus has been poor.

No, the reviews have been poor. Go read the Lair thread, most people actually like it apart from the controls for the most part.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus Christ. Let this thread die already. You guys have confused the OP more than anything else.

rob, dude, leave this thread and expand your horizons. Have you even LOOKED at another thread since you began your tirade in this one?

To the OP: Seriously. I'd just wait a little longer. If you want the PS3 wait about 4-5 months... Then they'll eventually announce another price drop, and you can pick it up then. Save your money this holiday season for stuff for the family and friends.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah but....but I generally hand that sort of thing over to cognitive dissonance. I mean, Lair hasn't just been reviewed poorly, it's been more or less universally panned.

I am just clarifying here: you are hyping Lair as one of the reasons to get a PS3, right?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yes Wyborn.

Jesus.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Yeah but....but I generally hand that sort of thing over to cognitive dissonance. I mean, Lair hasn't just been reviewed poorly, it's been more or less universally panned.

I am just clarifying here: you are hyping Lair as one of the reasons to get a PS3, right?

Lair is actually pretty damned fun. I didn't think I would enjoy it because motion controls have been somewhat annoyingly implemented in other games, but this one pulls it off alright. It's a very solid renter, but unfortunately that's all it really is.

Wonder_Hippie on