As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] Gameday talk, Fantasy Football chats, and Photoshop masterpieces.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    the only thing that makes this game ok is that all these refs are going to get screamed at, since this is one of the worst officiated games i've seen in a while.

I wonder how many times this has been said about a game just in this particular thread. It seems like there have been alot of the worst officiated games of the entire season in the last few weeks according to this thread.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I've watched this game silently on an iPad but it seems like Brady sucked against a horrible secondary

Not a good sign

It's strange. Brady has reached a point in his career where he's playing like he did back in his first season as a starter.

That was a pretty good year.

If it ends the same way, I think that Brady could live with that.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I've watched this game silently on an iPad but it seems like Brady sucked against a horrible secondary

Not a good sign

And they're still crushing Indy. Finding a way to win is how you win.

Could have had a field goal there.

I guess Belichick is leery of running up the score on the Colts.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    the only thing that makes this game ok is that all these refs are going to get screamed at, since this is one of the worst officiated games i've seen in a while.

I wonder how many times this has been said about a game just in this particular thread. It seems like there have been alot of the worst officiated games of the entire season in the last few weeks according to this thread.

And we both know only Lions games are the worst officiated games of the season.

Also, wtf is punting from the opponent's 26. I know kicking the FG is technically running up the score, but I feel like the Patriots should be punished for that punt.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Oh man is Ryan Allen actually seriously injured? Lol

And yeah it's great we won I just get worried if we don't play a perfect game every single time

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

And yeah it's great we won I just get worried if we don't play a perfect game every single time

The other theme of this thread: Boston fans are the worst. And I like Brady!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

You can take the man out the of the Persecution Complex, but you can't take the persecution complex out of the petulant boy.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Percy Harvin already out again, man's body is made out of the shit manuels knees are made out of. Hawks are definately hosed when the niners come to town next week.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Man after being a dick during the pregame I'm really happy Graham was held to one catch underneath during a prevent defense.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Percy Harvin already out again, man's body is made out of the shit manuels knees are made out of. Hawks are definately hosed when the niners come to town next week.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if the Niners win this week and next. But historically Kaep plays like shit...well a lot of the time, but mostly in domes and always in seattle.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Like I said ... Collins looks good

And last few years Brady hasn't looked good of he hadn't been throwing constantly. He needs to be not nowadays. I'm fine with a less than average Brady and a kickass running game.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    So the Pats won.

But did they win by enough?

Lh96QHG.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So the Pats won.

But did they win by enough?

Running up the score?

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Why the fuck are the patriots playing Rocky music?

That's reserved for Philly, and actual underdogs.

NE doesn't get it, do they. They are Apollo Creed. Not Rocky.

Holy God they are a delusional lot.

This season at least, after this win, they'll probably be underdogs against every remaining team. So....whatevs, I'm okay with it.

No way. They sure as crap beat the Chargers, and are 50/50 against the Broncos.

Granted Seattle, SF, and Carolina are favored due to defense. But still, their AFC chances are pretty even.

I was already counting Denver having beaten San Diego, sorry.

I don't see Brady & the skeleton crew with odds in Denver. If the lines prove me wrong I'm willing to retract my statement, but they won't.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Edit - Discount daaaaaaaaaable-post.

Kasyn on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if the Niners win this week and next. But historically Kaep plays like shit...well a lot of the time, but mostly in domes and always in seattle.
    I'd live to see a defense driven Seahawks Super Bowl win but....we're totally losing if they give up 17+ points to a team with a competent defense like Carolina or SF.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

You can take the man out the of the Persecution Complex, but you can't take the persecution complex out of the petulant boy.

I love how much people hate when you are realistic about a teams chances instead of overwhelmingly positive on an unfounded basis, especially when I'm joking

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

Preacher you predict doom for the seahawks every goddamn week and then when you turn out to be wrong you never mention it again, just return to predicting gloom in another 7 days

I can't even imagine why you watch football, all you do is complain.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Preacher you predict doom for the seahawks every goddamn week and then when you turn out to be wrong you never mention it again, just return to predicting gloom in another 7 days

I can't even imagine why you watch football, all you do is complain.

He's just the opposite of all the posters who come in here every week predicting their team is going to win. Together, they combine to form .... an interminable Internet argument!

edited January 2014

This season at least, after this win, they'll probably be underdogs against every remaining team. So....whatevs, I'm okay with it.

Granted Seattle, SF, and Carolina are favored due to defense. But still, their AFC chances are pretty even.

I don't see Brady & the skeleton crew with odds in Denver. If the lines prove me wrong I'm willing to retract my statement, but they won't.

They beat Denver with a skeleton crew.

Edit: Defensively, they've had a skeleton crew more or less all year. Same goes for their O line.

jungleroomx on
    btw that last patriots punt was the closest punt in 14 years

C8Ft8GE.jpg

They beat Denver with a skeleton crew.

Edit: Defensively, they've had a skeleton crew more or less all year. Same goes for their O line.

but vegas

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Heh, write up in the Seattle Times....
    Graham had three receptions for 42 yards and a touchdown in that game. This time, he had as many catches as pregame incidents. Graham blamed Irvin afterward.
    “He tried to disrespect me, and I’m not going to let anyone disrespect me,” Graham said. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

It seems Graham only tolerates disrespect during the actual game.

Buuuuuuurn.

JihadJesus on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to throw this out there, that the Saints wouldn't have even had a chance at the end if Marshawn had just fallen down and let Russell run out the clock. In fact as soon as he scored the first thing I thought was "the Saints just let him score to get the ball back, it's their only chance."

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades

I wonder if Chris Kluwe is available (Hah!) as a punter.

If there's one team that just doesn't give a shit about the media circus, it's New England.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Heh, write up in the Seattle Times....
    Graham had three receptions for 42 yards and a touchdown in that game. This time, he had as many catches as pregame incidents. Graham blamed Irvin afterward.
    “He tried to disrespect me, and I’m not going to let anyone disrespect me,” Graham said. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

It seems Graham only tolerates disrespect during the actual game.

Buuuuuuurn.

He also was the one starting crap during pregame.

The saga continues

bradylock.png

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I wonder if Chris Kluwe is available (Hah!) as a punter.

If there's one team that just doesn't give a shit about the media circus, it's New England.

He does count as a Free Agent and unless New England has already used their post-season signings, they can if they want.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    BS roughness call on Carolina there...

Also, ive decided im rooting for New England. I want to see ol Tommy B win 1 more ring before he ascends to Olympus.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    If winning the super bowl will get Mr Brady to retire, I will be the biggest Patriot bandwagoner ever. I just know it wont work that way so I'm on board the Russel Wilson train. Toot toot.

Veevee wrote: »
    If winning the super bowl will get Mr Brady to retire, I will be the biggest Patriot bandwagoner ever. I just know it wont work that way so I'm on board the Russel Wilson train. Toot toot.

This is why I'm fine with a New England victory.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I think Brady's got 2 or 3 seasons left in him.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Hard to reach Brady's outstretched hand all the way up at the top of his tower.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    NFC west teams allergic to scoring touchdowns.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm watching delayed a bit, but the national anthem was the classiest one yet. Good job Carolina.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    I think Brady's got 2 or 3 seasons left in him.

I hope he Favre's his retirement

Holy shit, he caught that?!

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Whoooooooo

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    What a pass