As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Suggestion]Unmark threads - stop post tracking

Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No PantsParts UnknownRegistered User regular
Not sure what the term is but basically what I would like to see added is a way to unmark a thread in case if you clicked on it by accident. This way you don't get the blue tag of new posts next to a topic you don't care about. Its just that on my phone or browser I occasionally derp out like a goose and hit a thread I don't want and now I have a new marker for a topic I don't want to follow.

I know some forum software allows this. Perhaps put on the blue tab a small x we can click that will unmark or unsubscribe from the thread so it doesn't show tagged in future refreshes.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm not sure what you mean. The only way to subscribe to a thread is by bookmarking it, which you can undo.

• undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    fsMZYlI.png

I neither know nor care about the contents of that thread, but I clicked it once by accident and that blue icon will haunt me forever.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Pfft, I'm not changing that.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    it's not a big deal, sure

but knowing how many new posts are in the MLP thread is not something I was prepared to face

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I have wished for such a feature more times than I would care to admit due to hamfistedly hitting the "Mark All Viewed" button when trying to access my drafts to delete things.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, this gets me sometimes too

like oh a thread I was reading has a bunch of new posts... oh wait

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    fsMZYlI.png

I neither know nor care about the contents of that thread, but I clicked it once by accident and that blue icon will haunt me forever.

Yeah this is pretty much what I was trying to convey. I'd just like to be able to kill the blue New post thing if I go into a thread by mistake.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    It's not just the new post count that makes this kind of a pain - if you're in the habit of scanning the page for which threads are updated seeing random blue ones that you don't care about is kind of a flow killer