As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] Gameday talk, Fantasy Football chats, and Photoshop masterpieces.

1102103104105106108»

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Underdog against the Broncos, sure.

Underdog as in it is surprising that they are in contention is just silly.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    hahah i don't know how it's deniable it isn't a great job of coaching/overachieving that they are in contention! list their 10 best players from last year.

i'd argue 6 are gone, and it's not like they got replaced by guys of equal ability

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    though, like i said, we had a conveniently easy schedule

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I couldn't name the ten best Patriots players of this year.

I don't care about the Patriots.

No one is going to tell you that making it to the championship game isn't an achievement for any team, but if you didn't expect the Patriots to be here since well before Thanksgiving you weren't paying attention. Them and the Broncos have been at the top for weeks!

Ergo, not hilarious.

The Chargers somehow sneaking in, that would have been weird (and actually what I thought you meant, them getting this far at all!).

Grrr.

Grating Pats fans are grating.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Let's see:

An owner committed to winning.
    A head coach who is good at preparing the team.
    An elite QB.

Yeah, the Patriots couldn't possibly be where they are right now.

You know how the Atlanta Braves made the playoffs for like thirteen consecutive years and people around the league hated them for that?

Fucking New England fans...

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Brady will make them pay for what they've done, god damn it.

• Options
    Grating is maybe on the word.

Aggrandizing?

If Chargers fans were saying this I'd buy it.

But I'd have been shocked for the Patriots not to be here.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Best players from last year

Brady
    Gronk (downgrade)
    Murderer (downgrade)
    Welker (Edelman probably same)
    Mankins
    Vollmer (downgrade)
    Wilfork (downgrade)
    Mayo (downgrade)
    Talib
    McCourty

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    if the patriots had lost any one of their last however many games, all the way up until week 17, they would've been a 5th seed and facing two road wins to make it to the AFC championship game. i really don't think this was a foregone conclusion since thanksgiving

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    The last time the Patriots were beat by more than two TDs was against the Ravens in last year's AFC final.

The last time that they lost by more than a TD in the regular season was on November 7th, 2010. The Cleveland Browns beat them 34-10.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    or if they hadn't just hadn't had ridiculous comebacks in the denver AND new orleans AND cleveland games

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Remember how everyone used to get when SpaceKungFuMan complained about his driver?

Anyway, it's whatever.

I expect New England to beat Denver and Seattle to beat San Fran.

Then probably Pats for the Superbowl win and the universe collapses into Tom Brady's smoldering brown eyes.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Lost against the ravens because we lost talib injuries don't hurt this team get ready for 7 TD passes from rocket ryan mallet

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    NchtEXul.jpg

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i would bet a lot of money the patriots don't get beat down, just because they rarely ever get blown out

like when is the last time they got blown out, i honestly can't even remember

Didn't SF or Seattle hand the patriots their asses on a platter, or was that last season?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    No Brady gets hurt at practice this week. Mallet starts to jog out to get practice reps. Belichick halts him.

"No"

And belichick's son straps on a helmet and goes on to throw 15 TDs in two games

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    i would bet a lot of money the patriots don't get beat down, just because they rarely ever get blown out

Didn't SF or Seattle hand the patriots their asses on a platter, or was that last season?

Last year

SF was almost a beat down but patriots mounted a furious comeback attemp only to fall short.

Pats didn't really look great against Seattle

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    That's what I thought. Maybe Denver has a chance against the NFC D. But that's only so Manning can get a second ring and setup Eli vs Peyton next year for the battle for the third.

Otherwise, I'm picking NFC this year. Seattle, San Fran, makes no difference.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options

We barely lost to SF after a huge comeback, Seattle won on a last minute drive if I remember right. Could've won either game

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Preacher aside, the Seahawks haven't looked that great against solid teams. Even yesterday they were a little sloppy, honestly.

Pats have a good chance.

Hell, the fuckin' Bucs almost beat them this year.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    So Marshawn Lynch was basically forced to talk to the media. He answered like 6 questions and was supposedly done in like 90 seconds, but we did get this....
    (On if he expected them to try to tackle him out of bounds on his TD run…) “I don’t run to get tackled.”

• Options

We barely lost to SF after a huge comeback, Seattle won on a last minute drive if I remember right. Could've won either game

Yeah I think Golden Tate caught a longball on completely blown coverage at the end

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Time for an overdue new thread.

Post your Pats/Broncos/Hawk/Niner hate here.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page