As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the one-and-only place to discuss all things NFL and Fantasy Football.

This thread will also feature some sexy NFL Photoshops!

261ed279b5a7f232c227cc432d3574d9.jpg

ept_sports_nfl_experts-874579462-1291407819.jpg

welkerporky.jpg

peyton-head.jpg

post-front-page.jpg

GzJxu1l.jpg

fark_A6PCG4oazNtcMolZt9xPy2CHyVA.jpg?t=7dZA25kfrQDxJ-xGXDUNIw&f=1384146000

Jamarcus-Photoshop.jpg

LLCoolJD_03.jpg

VickPicks.jpg

Hillis-Bane.jpg

NFL_Saints___Payoda_by_yurintroubl.jpg

grant_smokingjaybane_576.jpg

tumblr_mnxeol8zBP1qjhttjo1_500.jpg

Sanchez-TeBlows1.jpg

New-England-Patriots-Win-Super-Bowl.jpg

hi6Lf.jpg

rg3.jpg

football-funny-pic-757539.jpg

...and your gratuitous Jets fail video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQDTrJsiDw

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    omg

i just realized

i just realized that if the patriots win the superbowl

tom brady is gonna get SO MANY HI FIVES

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    omg

i just realized

Even better - if he doesn't, we get more Sad Brady!

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    omg

i just realized

Less sad Brady, more whiny butt hurt Brady. Which is great for storming off the field and saying as little as possible to the media.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nah Brady doesn't talk badly after a loss its his wife that gives the clips there. Its just his body language during the game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    omg

i just realized

Here's my dream end to the season:

It's Seattle 24, New England 21, Patriots driving in the dying seconds of the game. Brady gets sacked, his throwing arm breaks, and he has a hip injury that hobbles him. Mallet makes a throw on 4th and 11 to keep the Patriots drive alive. Blount powers past the Seattle defence, and carries Sherman on his back across the goal line as time expires. The Patriots go crazy, and storm onto the field. Brady limps towards the field, looking for someone to high five. But everyone has swarmed to Blount and Mallet. A single perfect tear rolls down Brady's cheek.

"Tom," says a gravelly voice behind him. Brady turns, and there's Belichick, with a high five locked and loaded. For one brief moment, Belichick smiles. They high five as confetti rains down. Jamie Collins' two interception, three sack performance wins him MVP.

The day after the Super Bowl, Brady announces that he's retiring. Belichick tenders his resignation as head coach of the New England Patriots, saying that he's ready for new challenges. The next day, the Cleveland Browns announce the hiring of Bill Belichick as their new head coach.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    my dream end to the season is a 56-0 blowout of the seahawks where brady throws TD after TD deep into the 4th quarter, then comes back and wins the next 3 seasons too

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    oh also i win the lottery

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    my dream end to the season is a 56-0 blowout of the seahawks where brady throws TD after TD deep into the 4th quarter, then comes back and wins the next 3 seasons too

Ha! As if Brady could still throw TDs!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    The most beautiful way for the Super Bowl to Ed would be a Sherman Pick Six.

I would literally never stop talking about it.

Next week's games are gonna be insane though!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    My prediction: Brady gets sacked like a can of beans at a supermarket.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    you guys are terrible
    it is known, in this year's playoffs, the axis of evil consists of the seahawks and the patriots
    peyton manning and kaep represent all that is good in this world, to root against them is to root for evil
    any superbowl storyline that involves the patriots or hawks is terrible and should be banned

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    omg

i just realized

dgnl.jpg

Cabezone on
    The most beautiful way for the Super Bowl to Ed would be a Sherman Pick Six.

I would literally never stop talking about it.

Next week's games are gonna be insane though!

The shit talking would continue until he died.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I would love a blowout because I would* just keep watching the game expecting a stupidly lucky play. Or a necessary third down conversion that Edelman drops

*would gonna be a hard time to even get past the broncos to get to the super bowl

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    you guys are terrible
    it is known, in this year's playoffs, the axis of evil consists of the seahawks and the patriots
    peyton manning and kaep represent all that is good in this world, to root against them is to root for evil
    any superbowl storyline that involves the patriots or hawks is terrible and should be banned

If ti was good vs good...that's shit also. One of the evil teams must win.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Kaep made up his own dumb celebration and then stole Cam's today because even he knows how terrible his is.

Plus do we really need another Harbaugh win? That is a world with no justice.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    omg

i just realized

So is it official yet?? Is leaving someone hanging on a high five now known as Brady-ing them? Can we make it a thing?

edited January 2014
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    omg

i just realized

So is it official yet?? Is leaving someone hanging on a high five now known as Brady-ing them? Can we make it a thing?

eBlu65p.png

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    when the new yorker writes about football they spell it coördinator

i love the new yorker haha

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I promised myself I wouldn't get bummed out this year if the Pats lost in the playoffs. Let's see if I hold to it. I like all four teams left.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    i'm getting hard just THINKING about how effective blount's gonna make the play action

80 yard bomb to start the second half to austin collie, you heard it here first

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Pats fans should've rooted harder for the Chargers. Last time the Pats came to Denver they lost to Jake Plummer.

actually the last time we went to denver we won 41-23

C8Ft8GE.jpg

You mean when Tebow was that QB and the Pats got hammered, again, by the Giants?

edited January 2014
    He didn't include Tebow because he's not a QB. Denver was just running 2 RBs that year.

Cabezone on
    Cabezone wrote: »

You mean when Tebow was that QB and the Pats got hammered, again, by the Giants?

hmm yes, the one where tebow was qb. i guess we can toss out that result because there's no tebow on the broncos anymore. meanwhile let's keep the predictive value of the game from 2006 where jake plummer was throwing to rod smith and ashley lelie and the patriots offense was branch, givens, faulk, ben watson, daniel graham, and corey dillon

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    or can we just look at the game we played two months ago where the patriots dealt the broncos one of history's all time most humiliating defeats

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    i'm getting hard just THINKING about how effective blount's gonna make the play action

80 yard bomb to start the second half to austin collie, you heard it here first

brady threw it and collie went and fetched it!!!!
    -joe buck, jan. 19 2014

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Apologies, I meant to specify, last time the Pats came to Denver in the playoffs.

Also, the last time the Pats have gone on the road to face Peyton in the AFC Championship game, Peyton won. Which was the year after the Jake Plummer defeat actually. And Peyton went on to win the Super Bowl after that as well.

or can we just look at the game we played two months ago where the patriots dealt the broncos one of history's all time most humiliating defeats
    And sure, we could do that. We could also look at the stat that Peyton is 6-0 in the playoffs against teams he has lost to in the regular season that year.

Dranyth on
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Apologies, I meant to specify, last time the Pats came to Denver in the playoffs.

Also, the last time the Pats have gone on the road to face Peyton in the AFC Championship game, Peyton won. Which was the year after the Jake Plummer defeat actually. And Peyton went on to win the Super Bowl after that as well.

both of those games sucked for different reasons. the denver game broke our aura of invincibility. i had never seen a patriots playoff loss. and to lose to the lowly broncos? and not even in the super bowl?? in the stupid divisional round? awful. just awful

at least it gave us the ben watson/champ bailey insane rundown that SHOULD have been a touchback

then the colts game we had a 21-3 halftime lead and blew it. just plain blew it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Dranyth wrote: »
    And sure, we could do that. We could also look at the stat that Peyton is 6-0 in the playoffs against teams he has lost to in the regular season that year.

he's also winless in afc championship games at home as a denver bronco

looks like we're at an impasse

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Arbitrary conditional statistic fight!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Peyton is 0-4 when his forehead is light rose instead of mauve after a game.

Tom Brady is 62-1 when the Aurora Borealis appear at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within his kitchen.

We shall set the date as next weekend.

i wonder if arrington gets the start over ryan

ryan has looked better, but arrington played well against the broncos last time and they might think that, as a veteran, arrington will be less likely to be victimized by manning's sorcery

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    i hate arrington gaaaah

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    lol if thompkins is out next week and dobson still isn't ready... just lol

who is even capable of running a route deeper than 10 yards

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    BE A PAL ATLANTA CUT GONZALEZ

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    barnwell's piece on homefield advantage says that moving the venue from foxborough to denver is ~4 point swing. and for SF to SEA is ~9.5 points. so given the most recent meeting for both teams, denver and seattle will win.

statistics! :bz

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Peyton is 0-4 when his forehead is light rose instead of mauve after a game.

Tom Brady is 62-1 when the Aurora Borealis appear at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within his kitchen.

Thank you sir for the beer on my computer screen.