As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whomp! comic - ChicoBlue immortalizes Ronnie in a Bauhaus poster

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I think I read somewhere that employees were more likely to steal from a store than the customers.

Im sure companies want to believe that but no.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    I find that hard to believe as well. There are a lot more customers than employees!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Employees have more opportunity, are more likely to know when they can get away with it and spend more time in the store. I can see it. It depends on your definition of stealing too. I'm guessing a lot of employees in a grocery store might take a sandwich off the shelves or something.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    In a supermarket shrinkage is fairly low. You have the douchebags that let their kids eat whatever and then hide the wrappers, loss prevention will just call the cops before they even approach the thief in that case. But for teenagers pocketing chocolates or whatever, they'll just just take the stuff off you and kick you out with a warning.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    When I was on food stamps I was the balancing master of self checkouts at Kroger because inevitably the cashiers would have something snarky or rude to say about using an EBT card and it was just easier to use the self checkout with the larger scale plate and run $140 worth of groceries delicately balanced on top of each other than deal with a cashier who was going to make it a Production to have to hit the fucking EBT button. I'm a die hard fan of self checkouts for EBT purposes

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    When I was on food stamps I was the balancing master of self checkouts at Kroger because inevitably the cashiers would have something snarky or rude to say about using an EBT card and it was just easier to use the self checkout with the larger scale plate and run $140 worth of groceries delicately balanced on top of each other than deal with a cashier who was going to make it a Production to have to hit the fucking EBT button. I'm a die hard fan of self checkouts for EBT purposes

Oh, man, it sounds like you had some really shitty cashiers.

One of my friends had an EBT card for food, and the Wal-Mart employees never gave him any grief.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Why would someone say shot about your etb

They are easy as hell to use

I fucking love those things compared to stuff like WIC

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    self-checkout pro-tip

there is a volume button. You can mute the machine

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    self-checkout pro-tip

there is a volume button. You can mute the machine

Some of them I have used still make loud noises when muted. :(

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I think I read somewhere that employees were more likely to steal from a store than the customers.

I once saw the weirdest, most blatant employee theft in a grocery store. This girl who looked to be about 17 walked over to some item on an endcap. It was a food item she was obviously going to eat immediately. I wouldn't have even noticed what she did, except she crossed her arms, turned her back to the item, and using her hand that was under her armpit, crouched to grab the item. That may have been hard to picture, but it's hard to explain. It's kind of like she was going to do a Russian dance, but instead she was stealing the froot loops behind her.

Then of course she bypassed the checkouts, grabbed her paycheck and she was gone

I didn't even care, it was just weird!

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    People who say self checkout is better for anxiety are crazy because when my machine has an issue and the person comes over, I go full fucking ronnie with the "I'm sorry"s.

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    2014-01-13-Paint-It-Crap.jpg
    041.jpg

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Over the belly, but leave the shirt untucked.

• Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    'tenderest frontbutts' thats it I'm done for the day

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I didn't make this, and arguably shouldn't even bother posting it, but here it is

p7GPqIk.png

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    what the hell is coming out of that dude's head???

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    It's a common flair on old Chinese traditional garb

osPIJST.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    people best not be not whomping in here. this isn't the thread for not whomps,

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    always be whomping

ABW

that's my motto

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    Random Whomp:

2010-10-27-Really-Crapping-One-Out.jpg

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    I like to whomp in a house.
    I like to whomp with a mouse.
    I like to whomp here and there.
    I like to whomp everywhere.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Only the most sensual Whomping goes on in here.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Ain't no party like a Whomp! party because a Whomp! party is mandatory

Fyndir wrote: »
    Random Whomp:

this is the worst whomp ever, by the way. i wish i could delete it from the archives

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm sure Runnie would love to host it on his site.

Miss me? Find me on:

The worst whomp is still like pure refreshing spring water compared to the stagnant piss pools of most webcomics out there.

So I wouldn't worry too much, man. <3

too many macnoggits

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    too many macnoggits
    Not on yer life

It'd never happen

We'll never hit Peak Nug

2013-03-29-Dip-Replacement.jpg

Miss me? Find me on:

edited January 2014
    NEVER

TOO

MANY

MACNOGGITS

Huntera on
    that's one of my favorite whomps

as it this:

2013-05-29-Cat-Man-Dont.jpg

Miss me? Find me on:

I love her attempt at stopping the cat. "No wai- eh."

I tried, okay?

Miss me? Find me on:

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I drew a ronniesque comic about my adventures at work of eating 24 icecream sandwiches during my shift. You've inspired terrible whiteboard dry erase art Ronnie, I hope you're happy.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    you know what, I just realized that Ronnie is carrying the luggage in that Whomp!

what a goddamn gentleman

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    you know what, I just realized that Ronnie is carrying the luggage in that Whomp!

what a goddamn gentleman

He was actually just worried that you'd put it down too loudly and startle the kitties. Unable to think of a polite non-confrontational way to tell you to put the luggage down really gently he resorted to chivalry.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Random Whomp:

this is the worst whomp ever, by the way. i wish i could delete it from the archives

ronnie, don't you see

this comic is dying for an edit where ronnie's expressions replaces mega man's head in the robot master select screen

its actually an ugly duckling that will become a beautiful swan

relevant comic:
    2010-11-24-Turkey-Day-20XX.jpg

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Slammin random to try and figure out which WHOMP! is my favorite.

It's gotta be this one...or maybe another one...maybe all of them. This one is up there though:

2013-06-07-Breast-Laid-Plans.jpg
    Alt text: Note the lack of underwear on the former nugget man. There are two possibilities: His underwear was nuggets, or he wore no underwear. I'm not sure which is less objectionable.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Runnie is probably my favorite thing in whomp.

This discussion has been closed.