As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Omeganaut Calls are going out NOW! (Omeganauts check in here!)

LtHummusLtHummus Registered User regular
edited January 2014 in PAX East
Hi kids! It's LtHummus here. You may remember me from Prime's "Shot a man in a blue suit and now no Japan for me" Omegathon finale. I'm here to tell you that the PA crew are calling folks to tell them that they've been invited to this one-of-a-kind gaming tournament. The moral of the story: if you get a call from an mysterious/blocked number today, ANSWER YOUR TELEPHONE (thanks David Cross).

If you were one of the lucky few to answer the call for East 2014, check in here so we can find out who you all are and wish you luck undergoing the most nerve-wracking, torturous incredible, life-affirming experience!

If you didn't get the call this year, don't worry! Post and say good luck to your fellow PAXers! Then later you can watch and think "I'm glad that's not me up there" while they have to play some weird variant of Jenga while drinking water and whistling the Star-Spangled Banner....

gl hf

edit: small FAQ

Q: If I'm an Omeganaut, what should I keep in mind?
A: DO NOT MESS WITH SMALLLADY (Messing with Travis is probably cool ;) )

Q: I got the call and said yes. It seems like I can jump a bit higher and run a bit faster.
A: This is a known side effect. If it lasts for more than four hours, please see a licensed physician (thanks Sary for that reminder)

Q: OMG WHAT IS THE FINAL GAME?
A: Some potentials:

- Twister with the mat covered in Vaseline.
- Who can stare at the sun the longest?
- Knife eating
- "Bees" (added due to request of SmallLady, so I would heed this one carefully)

Known East 2014 Omeganauts:

@SenseiCAY
@PorcelainEvee
@Kemical
@Juicesir
@Twohitemquitem
@digiteknique
@Geod
@Aria Of Solace
@Renegadestar
@genericuser
@novawith5as
@Ark Malmeida
@Boss 5
@guso
@ComicSeans
@Kasuga Sakura
@myshra
@nyasara
@MiceW

LtHummus on

• SenseiCAYSenseiCAY Registered User new member
    Let's do this.

• sarysary 100% pure awesomesauce manchester, nhRegistered User regular
    Sery from East 2012 chiming in and seconding all the things! Should you be one of the lucky few, message us your address and we'll add you to our facebook group... so you can mine our brains for strategies. or something.

Twitter: @seryseraphical

PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
  • PorcelainEveePorcelainEvee Registered User new member
    I'm glad I answered that call!

• KemicalKemical Registered User regular
    I almost didn't answer the call. I mean who would bother me in the middle of watching Archer? I instantly recognized Robert Khoo's voice, and he couldn't get two sentences in before I was yelling "HOLY SHIT YES YES YES". When his ear drums recovered he calmly asked to let him get through speel. (classic Khoo)

Yes, I am one of this years Omeganauts (@chriscreedcoffee on twitter). I can't even claim that this is a dream come true, as this is my 4th Pax (Prime 2010, Prime 2011, East 2013) and never in a million years would have thought I would get picked. I'm hitting level 38 this Thursday and this is about the best birthday present ever. I've been a gamer all my life, cutting my teeth on the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A before moving onto the NES. I am geek through and through when it comes to video and board games, but also geek out over stuff like specialty coffee and craft beer. Case in point I am celebrating tonight with Will Wheaton's w00tstout.

On a personal note, I am engaged to the most amazing woman alive and we're set to get married in the fall. 2014 is shaping up to be an amazing year! I'm so freaking excited.

• freerangekarmafreerangekarma Western MassachusettsRegistered User new member
    Melanie/OmegaMom from East 2012 chiming in too.. welcome new 'nauts! So excited to meet you all and watch you dance like trained monkeys compete!

PAX East 2011, 12, 13 and soon 2014 attendee // PAX East 2012 Omeganaut // OmegaMom, so eat your vegetables and play nice with others.

I'm really just marking time until the TARDIS shows up on my lawn or my cutie mark appears.
  • JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    I'M FREAKING OUT. I'M FREAKING OUT. I KNEW IT WAS YOU, KHOO. I TRIED PLAYING CALM BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MASELF!

I GOT THE CALL!!!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is making me re-live that horrible last shot in peggle 2. It should have been ME hummus!

For serious though, this is the best thing. Good luck to all new omegas.

Concerning this week started off with an accidental overdraw of accounts and kitten surgery, I think this is a wonderful turnaround. ^_^ Gonna drink some milk out of my Star Wars beer stein in celebration.

1%, baby. :D

• LtHummusLtHummus Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    This is making me re-live that horrible last shot in peggle 2

"Lose tonight or win tomorrow" :)

LtHummus wrote: »
    Is precisely what I said, yes :P It was one of my acceptable outcomes.

Is precisely what I said, yes :P It was one of my acceptable outcomes.

:) You relive the last shot of Peggle; I relive the last shot of SpyParty. That being said, I've been playing a lot of SpyParty recently and it's a really really good game so I have the Omegathon to thank for getting me to finally play. :)

• TwohitemquitemTwohitemquitem Registered User new member
    Apparently I'm one =)@Twohitemquitem on Twitter. My first PAX Ever and I got selected. I didn't even know what do say.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    UGH WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN TO GET THE CALL?

Congrats to all who get in though!

TheAggroCraig on
    you say yes :)

• RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    Congratulations and good luck to all of you new Omegas!

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • digitekniquedigiteknique Registered User new member
    I got the call. Also my first PAX, very excited.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Congrats to all ... could not make this commitment myself but will be cheering everyone on !!! B)

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular

- Knife eating

I like this list.

Please add "Bees"

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    SmallLady wrote: »

- Knife eating

I like this list.

Please add "Bees"

How could I forget "Bees"!?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Khoo is calling the next 10 people now... good luck to all (and to all I mean me)

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Sooooo, Khoo just called me. And apparently, I'm an Omeganaut! Crazy :) Fifth PAX East is the charm!

• Aria Of SolaceAria Of Solace Registered User new member
    *raises hand while hyperventilating* I got zee phone call not too long ago. AY DIOS MIO! WHAT IS LIFE!?

FYI, I sent an email out. If you don't get it, check your spam folder.

Okay. Got the email, so it wasn't just the usual mid-afternoon daydream about Khoo's voice telling me everything I've ever wanted.

• RenegadestarRenegadestar Registered User new member
    Just got my email and reporting in. Hey all. =)

• genericusergenericuser Registered User regular
    Are there rules regarding the photos?

You know how much of my face needs to be visible, masks, costume, face paint, glasses etc? (I would assume no masks and that everything else would be fine)
    Can it be a drawing instead of an actual photo of our face? (I would assume no)
    I don't usually do photos so I want to ensure its a 'good' one. After all I don't want to keep submitting different photos of me looking like the bald overweight cretin that I may actually be, and having them rejected for not being good.

• novawith5asnovawith5as Oh dip! PhiladelphiaRegistered User new member
    Another Omeganaught checking in here! Looking forward to meeting and competing with everyone!

• Ark MalmeidaArk Malmeida Registered User new member
    Got the email so I'm checking in - still in shock that I actually got the call! Can't wait for this to get here!

• Boss 5Boss 5 BostonRegistered User new member
    Hi hi! Add me to the list, looking forward to it!

• gusoguso Registered User new member
    hey got the call and i didn believe it and now i just got the email so it means this is real life super pump

• edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Welcome, new members of the Omegafamily.

I always tell the newest members of our elite ranks that their selection is one of those "written in the stars" kind of things. You've been knit together with your brothers, sisters, and fore-bearers for reasons that mere mortals must not have knowledge of. In fact, I wouldn't look into it too carefully. You might get caught in a temporal causality loop and become your own grandparent. I wish I could say that hasn't been a problem...

I wish you all the best of luck in battle, that you will make more friends than you can possibly remember, and that you will savor all that this strange twist of fate has in store for you.

Q'Plah!

6YJGH2V.png
    Are there rules regarding the photos?

You know how much of my face needs to be visible, masks, costume, face paint, glasses etc? (I would assume no masks and that everything else would be fine)
    Can it be a drawing instead of an actual photo of our face? (I would assume no)
    I don't usually do photos so I want to ensure its a 'good' one. After all I don't want to keep submitting different photos of me looking like the bald overweight cretin that I may actually be, and having them rejected for not being good.

No Drawings.

Just a nice picture of how you normally look. This picture will go in the program and on a really big banner, so please make sure that it is of a high resolution.

• ComicSeansComicSeans Registered User new member
    Hello internet! I'm ComicSeans, 2014 PAX East Omeganaut!

I am ECSTATIC to have answered the call. I was in a meeting with my game dev group, so I almost did not. I never would have lived down being too busy with video games to answer a call from Robert Khoo. I'm still shaking from excitement and moving at 1.5x my average speed in everything, which means I'll be probably really active on @Comic_Seans. I plan on making a continuous Omegathon training montage on Vine between now and PAX.

Anyways, in short, I study Game Design and Computer Science at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. I love the Oculus Rift, 3D printers, Chiptunes, and making weird video games in Unity that combine all three. I love PAX, as a gamer, as a game designer looking to get into the Boston Indie scene, and as someone obsessed with any music that even somewhat resembles a sound that once came out of an NES.

I can't wait to meet you all at PAX, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

PAX East 2014 Omeganaut
    Twitter: @Comic_Seans
    SeanHalloran.com
    to the moon!
  • Kasuga SakuraKasuga Sakura Bronx, NYRegistered User new member
    Hey hey hey! (What's Happening reference)

I'm Whitney. And I also received the phone call to destiny yesterday. It must've been fate because I usually don't answer phone calls of numbers I don't recognize or that come up "resticted". Those calls usually aren't pleasant.

This year will be my 3rd time at PAX East. I remember seeing the Omegathon my first time at PAX and thinking "Awesome! A Dance Central contest!? I want in on this!" Who would've thought two years later I would be chosen to participate in said awesomeness? Though I was of cool composure on the phone in my brain I flew 100ft in the air and proceeded to do backflips on the the way down.

I have a twitter account @GrlgamerSakura but not on it that much. Im mostly on facebook, xbl or psn. Im excited and nervous all at once and look forward to meeting all of the other omeganauts and gleaning whatever tips n tricks I can get from the veterans.

'Til April My Friends! ^_^

www.facebook.com/kasugasakura
    @GrlgamerSakura
    XBL: GrlGamer Sakura
    PSN: kasugasakura

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Welp this sucks. I think I got the call on the night of the 14th. I was in the shower and didn't get to answer. Every time I tried to call back it was a busy signal. Heart crushing :( . I suppose there is always next year

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Gilman3Gilman3 Registered User new member
    My friend thinks he may have been called the other night also. Out of curiosity, what was the area code of the call?

If you could see it to call it back, it wasn't this. They always call from a blocked number.

• Kasuga SakuraKasuga Sakura Bronx, NYRegistered User new member
    No area code. It came in as a restricted call.