As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

celtics game friday night of pax weekend

2»

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that tickets for those sections during that game are that much. I know the celts are on a loosing streak, but it's the freakin Bobcats! I'm originally from NC (live near boston now) and I never supported them even when I was living there, hehehe.

Boston is rather serious about their sports teams. We're also used to them sucking (all of the teams being good is a fairly recent phenomenon).

Used to them sucking?? What?? This past decade has been one of the most successful decades for Boston sports teams.

Boston sports teams have had recent success but even if you go back 10 years ago, they've done pretty well.

2001, 2003, 2004 Patriots Superbowl Champions
    2004, 2007, 2013 Red Sox World Series Champions
    2008 Boston Celtics Champions
    2010 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions

Even when they didn't win championships, they were often competitive in the playoffs like the Patriots, Red Sox and even Celtics all coming close to winning it all several times.

You realize most of us are used to the memories growing up, where there was a lot of suckage. My point was that while the city does have some level of "fair-weather fandom", there's a stronger core than nearly any other city that will show up regardless of performance.

• DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that tickets for those sections during that game are that much. I know the celts are on a loosing streak, but it's the freakin Bobcats! I'm originally from NC (live near boston now) and I never supported them even when I was living there, hehehe.

Boston is rather serious about their sports teams. We're also used to them sucking (all of the teams being good is a fairly recent phenomenon).

Used to them sucking?? What?? This past decade has been one of the most successful decades for Boston sports teams.

Boston sports teams have had recent success but even if you go back 10 years ago, they've done pretty well.

2001, 2003, 2004 Patriots Superbowl Champions
    2004, 2007, 2013 Red Sox World Series Champions
    2008 Boston Celtics Champions
    2010 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions

Even when they didn't win championships, they were often competitive in the playoffs like the Patriots, Red Sox and even Celtics all coming close to winning it all several times.

You realize most of us are used to the memories growing up, where there was a lot of suckage. My point was that while the city does have some level of "fair-weather fandom", there's a stronger core than nearly any other city that will show up regardless of performance.

I guess it depends on what you meant by "fairly recent phenomenon" if you meant within the past few years or if fairly recent for you extends back over 10 years ago. If you grew up in the 90s, I agree there was a lot of suckage but growing up in the 80s all Boston sports teams had some amount or a lot of success and were good teams. I agree with your point about strong core fans.

Ds3hsEH.png
  • DRADERDRADER Registered User new member
    I can't say that I've ever been to an NBA game (let alone the Garden). I'm coming to Boston with some die-hard PAX fans, so they won't be joining me. I'd be up for a few beers and company if anyone wants to go.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    Ya I know I am for sure going. I was gonna be bringing a non pax friend so idk if I will be with the group but If no I would be up for doing a big group if there is enough interest.

• kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Was there still interest in doing this?

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
    I personally bought two tickets already going to the game with a friend from town but i am sure you can still get real cheap tickets if you wanted to do this.

Hey so I had a friend back out on me after I bought there ticket so have a extra ticket to the game if anyone is considering going I will sell the ticket to you for 30.00 I bought it for 45.00 it is about 20 rows back from the court. If interested pm me