As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SIGN UP] Phalla Artefact

13»

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I guess I'll !sign up as a reserve.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Um, silly question, but here goes:

If you have an evil artifact and have it stolen or trade it away for fear of staking, you become a normal villager. Assuming you survive the day and remain an innocent, if you choose to remain allied to the evils, do you technically "win" if the bad guys win? Does it really matter?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

If you have an evil artifact and have it stolen or trade it away for fear of staking, you become a normal villager. Assuming you survive the day and remain an innocent, if you choose to remain allied to the evils, do you technically "win" if the bad guys win? Does it really matter?
    Hum, I hadn't thought about it. But I guess that yeah, if you choose to remain secretly allied with the bad guys, then you win if the bad guys win. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to ally yourself with them.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, this came out of nowhere.

!reserve signup

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Richy wrote: »

Hum, I hadn't thought about it. But I guess that yeah, if you choose to remain secretly allied with the bad guys, then you win if the bad guys win. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to ally yourself with them.

The badguys would be required to verify that said person is still allied with them, correct? They should PM the game master in that case so that someone has a record of the "bad guy" team, don't you think?

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The badguys would be required to verify that said person is still allied with them, correct? They should PM the game master in that case so that someone has a record of the "bad guy" team, don't you think?
    As it is this kind of occurrence sounds like the end of the game. If you die without an evil artifact wouldn't you count as a villager and adopt the standard villager "All bad guys are dead" win condition?

Trade away your item to anybody, annouce the remaining bad guys to the thread. Nobody accepts any more changes and everybody who isn't stuck with the hot potato of an evil artifact wins the game.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm really interested how this game will pan out. I totally expect everyone to turn into greedy bastards.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    As it is this kind of occurrence sounds like the end of the game. If you die without an evil artifact wouldn't you count as a villager and adopt the standard villager "All bad guys are dead" win condition?

Trade away your item to anybody, annouce the remaining bad guys to the thread. Nobody accepts any more changes and everybody who isn't stuck with the hot potato of an evil artifact wins the game.

In that case, why would anyone accept an evil artifact (unless it's a thief who gets it accidentally).

Maybe it's best if the evil artifacts remain un-tradeable? It just seems to me that any trading of evil artifacts screws up the evils. In fact, it might be in the evils best interest to let one of their artifacts be destroyed if one of them is suspected, for fear of having their former member betray them all.

Also, are the Tengu and Beasts allied or two separate murderous factions?

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    In that case, why would anyone accept an evil artifact (unless it's a thief who gets it accidentally).

Someone who thought at this time in the game that the evil people had the best chance of winning.
    Also, are the Tengu and Beasts allied or two separate murderous factions?

I'll bet you a dollar they're separate, opposed factions. If they were one it would add a whole bunch to have them differently named and with separate kills and all that.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Someone who thought at this time in the game that the evil people had the best chance of winning.
    I would always accept an evil artifact.

:winky:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

I would always accept an evil artifact.

:winky:

I guess that depends on the shape & size of the artifact...

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Right, they should PM Shinto and I to say that they are allied with a team of bad guys.

And the two teams of bad guys are opposed to each other.

The victory conditions are thus as such:
    1) Villagers: Find all six evil artefacts.
    2) Each team of bad guys (including artefact-holders and their allies): Be the only surviving team.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Out of curiosity, as an observer, it states that the village must find the 6 evil artefacts. However, if I were to start with one, I could convince someone else to take my spot as a bad guy or if I was a thief, I'd become a bad guy by stealing the item.

Combined with your note above, people who have had an evil artefact at one time but lost it or traded it can still be considered thralls, what's to stop the bad guy team from simply recruiting a bunch of thralls throughout the game?

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'll bet you a dollar

You cheap whore.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, as an observer, it states that the village must find the 6 evil artefacts. However, if I were to start with one, I could convince someone else to take my spot as a bad guy or if I was a thief, I'd become a bad guy by stealing the item.

Combined with your note above, people who have had an evil artefact at one time but lost it or traded it can still be considered thralls, what's to stop the bad guy team from simply recruiting a bunch of thralls throughout the game?
    Well, to recruit someone you have to contact them and tell them "hey, I'm a bad guy, wanna join?". Which can be pretty dangerous. One of the main advantages the bad guys have is that they are hidden. They'll lose that by PMing people for recruiting.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If you possess evil artifacts of both types, can you win with either faction, or will you have to get rid of one because your win conditions are mutually exclusive? Also, do you get two kills?

Can an evil faction player, who expects to be staked, give his item to his teammates so they can try to trade it to someone later?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    If you possess evil artifacts of both types, can you win with either faction, or will you have to get rid of one because your win conditions are mutually exclusive? Also, do you get two kills?

Can an evil faction player, who expects to be staked, give his item to his teammates so they can try to trade it to someone later?

Since the kills are by group, I don't think the "get two kills" bit applies, unless you are the last bad guy standing. And I think he already answered the last one, yes, they can give it to their teammates... which is going to make the vigilante artifact VERY VERY VERY important.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

Well, to recruit someone you have to contact them and tell them "hey, I'm a bad guy, wanna join?". Which can be pretty dangerous. One of the main advantages the bad guys have is that they are hidden. They'll lose that by PMing people for recruiting.

Fair enough, I was just curious how that worked. Sorry to interupt.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Also, @Bliss -- damn you, your sig got me back to WB and I don't have time for that!

Nerissa on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !signup! as a reserve.

durax on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Also, @Bliss -- damn you, your sig got me back to WB and I don't have time for that!

There seems to be something of a WB renaissance going on. It was kind of quiet and cliqueish for a while, but now it's awesome again, with lots of new people joining in.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

You can only win with one type of evil artefact. So if you have two different evil artefacts near the end of the game, you'll have to find a way to get rid of one of them.

And there's one kill per evil team. If you have both kinds of evil artefacts, you get a say in both kill decisions. If you have the only remaining evil artefacts of both kinds, then you get two kills.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    //pre-emptive//

NO TS JUST NO, you do not get to have all evil artefacts, murder everyone and claim victory. JUST NO, BAD Spectre!

Aldo on
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    //pre-emptive//

NO TS JUST NO, you do not get to have all evil artefacts, murder everyone and claim victory. JUST NO, BAD Spectre!

You forgot the rolled up newspaper and the battering of TS's nose.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    edited September 2007
    When you say the game starts on Thursday at midnight, does that mean the first narration of the whole story goes up then, or the first death happens then?

If it's the latter, do we have an ETA on when we can expect our PMs and the new thread?

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    When you say the game starts on Thursday at midnight, does that mean the first narration of the whole story goes up then, or the first death happens then?

If it's the latter, do we have an ETA on when we can expect our PMs and the new thread?
    Well, it is Tuesday at midnight right now. I was just coming on to put up the narration and send the PMs.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Game on!

This thread may now be locked.

Here, I'll do half the work and post a comic:

20021018h.gif

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2007
    That's the wrong comic!

I post them in chronological order, people.

20000410h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.