As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 Forum Badges

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/Forum_Badge

The image for prime 2012 is an actual picture of one.

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I believe these are physical badges Levelup.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Looks great! I was wondering if these are physical badges or something special for the forum? (sorry new here) if its a printed badge how big is it? My only thought is how big the text/font is vs the print size. Thats my only two cents :) Love the design besides that!

The badges are ISO A6 size. I'm not sure what equivalent that is in the US as I know you have different paper sizes. It's approximately 2x size of the PAX Pass and comes in a plastic wallet. This prevents it from getting stains and enables you to hang it from a lanyard. There is also a massive blank space at the bottom for you to scrawl your forum name on with a Sharpie. Don't try to use any other kind of pen otherwise you be forcibly removed from PAX for being a heretic.*

* This is a lie.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Looks great! I was wondering if these are physical badges or something special for the forum? (sorry new here) if its a printed badge how big is it? My only thought is how big the text/font is vs the print size. Thats my only two cents :) Love the design besides that!

The badges are ISO A6 size. I'm not sure what equivalent that is in the US as I know you have different paper sizes. It's approximately 2x size of the PAX Pass and comes in a plastic wallet. This prevents it from getting stains and enables you to hang it from a lanyard. There is also a massive blank space at the bottom for you to scrawl your forum name on with a Sharpie. Don't try to use any other kind of pen otherwise you be forcibly removed from PAX for being a heretic.*

* This is a lie.

Out of curiosity and because I'm weird like that, I had to look up what A6 would be for us Americans. For the record, I think it's roughly 4.1 x 5.8 inches. What really amused me about this is that looking up ISO paper standards in Wikipedia gives the measurements in millimeters, and ONLY in millimeters, which I took as sort of a humorously ironic jab at the U.S. and Canada. Silly people and their conformist measurement standards... :p

Delaney on
    "I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Badge Size Comparison

Uploaded a picture of my East 13 community badge next to the East 13 PAX Badge to help show size comparison =]
    edit: size is big so I think you'll have to click the link

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    I did think this had been forgotten, I've been a little light on the forums after the stress of tickets, but glad this is here and looking forward to wearing mine around as I have in the past.

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I seriously can't wait until PAX comes to get this

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    i want one this year, last year i went to get one and it seemed no one knew what i was talking about when i went to get them at the pick up point

It all depends on who you ask. There are a lot of people at the BYOC desk and if you try to get one before I drop them off, they will have no clue as to what you're asking about. I always drop them off midday on the first day of PAX.

thats why, i was only there friday, got there first thing once the hall opened

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    Late to the game, but... Badge looks awesome this year, can't wait to get one.

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • Options
    fynixfynix Registered User regular
    Sign me up this year, too. Looks great kropotkin!

• Options
    TgeeksterTgeekster Registered User regular
    The forum badge looks great, can't wait for PAX East 2014

• Options
    jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    The badge looks awesome! I was honored to receive one last year, and I'm tickled pink to see my name already adorning the back of this years badge ;)

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    I loved mine from last year. Can't wait for one this year!

• Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    ok, I want in on this. I missed my name being on it last year, but not this year. I am determined to get one of these badges! and I love this design!

• Options
    Rock BottomRock Bottom Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I would like one, and will pick it up at the pre-pax dinner or first day.

Rock Bottom on
  • Options
    griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    These are always something I look forward to getting! I hope to see you all very very soon!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    So which design was picked? 'Murica, Brits, or the dual flag?

• Options
    chellers wrote: »
    So which design was picked? 'Murica, Brits, or the dual flag?

No decision has been made yet. There is one more design I'm working on, but it is in keeping with the Boston Tea Party theme.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    BeighBeigh Bloomington, ILRegistered User regular
    I'm excited to see the new design but love the previous ones as well. Nice work!

CVpdlHm.png76561197996811040.png
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Kropotkin have I told you lately that I love you?

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    As always, please include me on the badge and on the delivery list.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Delivery list?

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna need to remember to grab one of these this year...leave the necrowombicon name badge at home :P

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I haven't looked in here because there was a possibility I wouldn't make it this year and didn't want to get too excited for no reason.
    BUT I just got the okay from work for the time off and now I'm SO STOKED to get this one! It looks sweet!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Delivery list?

I think he just means the list of forumers on the back of the badge.

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Awesome job once again. Looking forward to adding this one to my collection this year!

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I guess if I can be put on the badge that'd be super cool!

• Options
    PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    The badge looks awesome, I'd love to get my hands on one!

pPEuM8J.png
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    How do we get on the back? Is there so type of registration?

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    How do we get on the back? Is there so type of registration?

Just posting in here should get ya on it :)

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Big woohoo to that!!

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    In order to get on the back, you must cut down the thickest tree in the forest with...a herring!

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Or perhaps build a nice shrubbery ... Not to big ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    love the design this year!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Nice design. Can't wait to get mine.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    In.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular
    Good stuff as always!

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback all. Apologies for not getting a new design up, first few weeks of the year have been really busy for me. Have faith in that I shall be uploading some new designs :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    You always do a rad job on these!

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    I fell off the forum for a while but I'm here now to make sure my name gets on the badge! I've had every one and I'm not stopping now.
    Also enjoying the designs posted so far, looking forward to seeing what else ya got.

NSw0gum.png