As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Design a World - IC World Building

• Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    Actually, my Brothers, I am anxious to Start the Great Work, yet I am unable, for I have no place to Work; I beseech thee, O Gods of Earth and Air, cans't thou build a small Domain for my Pets, that I may improve them whilst the World is made?
    Your pets amuse me brother, such curious creatures they are. It will be intresting to see how they fare in battle.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    What is the consensus on the matter of Gogrol's share? Do the gods feel he has taken too much?
    Elbonian, you must choose again; the heart has already been taken.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    What is the consensus on the matter of Gogrol's share? Do the gods feel he has taken too much?
    Aye, The realms of both death and magicks are both very vast, I fear he has too much power. Also, magick is a difficult to kill with a quick stab, so I might be biased.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I meant a small place, away from the World, where I may Work in Peace.

As for battle, I will only permit war between species, for I Hear terrible tales of creatures that war upon themselves and Endure endless chaos because of such foolishness.
    But Fear not O Brother, they shall all strive for greater things, by War and by Intrigue.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Drat. I'll take the stomach then.

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    I meant a small place, away from the World, where I may Work in Peace.

As for battle, I will only permit war between species, for I Hear terrible tales of creatures that war upon themselves and Endure endless chaos because of such foolishness.
    While I have infinite love for a good war I see the wisdom in your words. I shall only instill agression to the species(Perhaps you should make a list, I like to know who I am making kill eachother.) that are different from eachother. For now.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

I do not take too much, I have meerly formed energy, what would energy be without purpose and direction? It would be nothing. Yet the amorphorus energy can become strong and powerful through the directions of other domains. I do not control all energy, but only a part.

It is with certianty which I say this, as all things in my domain are certian. It is the end with which all things must flow. I am not covetous of my power, as others might think so. Throngarth can attest so, what is aggression without death? Does he take my power when it causes death? No! He gives meaning to this domain, gives it power and strength for which it can be used!

Some may say that I will hoard my power, but this is not the case

[ooc: When we make nations, I am totaly taking "taxes". Because what is cooler than being the God of Death and Taxes?]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Goumindong wrote:

I do not take too much, I have meerly formed energy, what would energy be without purpose and direction.

It is with certianty which I say this, as all things in my domain are certian. It is the end with which all things must flow. I am not covetous of my power, as others might think so. Throngarth can attest so, what is aggression without death? Does he take my power when it causes death? No! He gives meaning to this domain, gives it power and strength for which it can be used!

Some may say that I will hoard my power, but this is not the case

[ooc: When we make nations, I am totaly taking "taxes". Because what is cooler than being the God of Death and Taxes?]
    While my brother our works are intertwined and I have an immense respect for your wisdom and counsel, I fear having rule over both death and magick is too much power for one of us. Might I suggest passing on the magick to another brother or possibly our first sister.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    From the eyes, I take the lenses, focusing Light to make Heat, and Fire. The wet jelley of the vitreous humour becomes the raging tidal wave; the bubble underneath the lens becomes the howling winds of the hurricane.

The destructive power of Earth I leave to that who is its domain.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    And the Light spread out throughout infitinity of reality, and it fell upon the barren mountains and plateaus, and their majesty was Illuminated. But in the valleys and crevasses the Light did not shine so brightly, and in some places the Light did not shine at all. And where once the World was unified in absence of Light, it was now divided by where the Light shone, and where it shone not. And so an inequality was brought upon the First World.

((Leaving sort of a gap here if someone wishes to go towards Darkness/Shadow , and perhaps consider a way day/night comes into play. I could of course somehow turn into the God of Light and Darkness (I can see a two-faced god like that, with inner conflicts) as well of course. I'm going to have to wait and find out what happens though, because it's late and i need me some sleep.))

((Oh and on the Death taking a large share thing, it wasn't meant as an ooc gripe, just an ic chance to start up some conflict. The god of death is supposed to take a large slice, death is a large part. Still, with him gutting the fish, it offers a nice "wtf" chance for whoever is planning to side against death))

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    (Perhaps you should make a list, I like to know who I am making kill eachother.)
    First Of All will be the Fish, in Honour and Remembrance of our great Origin, and they shall be matchless Benefactors to all Others. But I will not create more before the World is Complete.

Where is Air, and Water, this plane is barren yet...

((Is anyone else feeling the irony of starting this on a Sunday? Or is that just my timezone talking?))

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ((OOC: The fish flops around and dies because there's no water. :P ))

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    How is it, fellow gods, that though we are born from a Fish, nobody has control over water?

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    How is it, fellow gods, that though we are born from a Fish, nobody has control over water?
    Well personally I wouldn't want to be known for spawning from the great fishes' bladder.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    While my brother our works are intertwined and I have an immense respect for your wisdom and counsel, I fear having rule over both death and magick is too much power for one of us. Might I suggest passing on the magick to another brother or possibly our first sister.

If nessesity demands it, bring togother a council, and at that time we will make provisions with what is to be done.

Until that time, we must act in good faith.

Seeing the inequity of the land, the light and the shadow, some spots blessed more than others, Gorgrol stood, and opened a hole above and a hole below the world. In the space above the world he placed magic, an endless resovoir with which the least and the most could draw upon. Drawing on magic would not be easy, but would be open to all, if even in small ways. This curbed the inequity, gave power and meaning to shadow, crafting illusions, and in the absence of illusion, in the light, formed divination. The earth became strong and hard, a giver and protector. All the schools of magic were formed, and open to all.

Below the world, he placed death. And death was outside the world, locked and sealed off. Death was nothing, and end, the complete end. Gringrol went into death and sought out the deaths of all his brothers and sisters. He took their deaths and sealed them tight in a cocoon of magic. One by one he presented his Brothers and Sisters with their deaths, abdicating his power of them. Thus, the Gods became immortal or mortal as their choosing.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It would be a sad irony if this were to become a desert world.

Currently we have a big dry empty expanse of terrain with dead fish lying everywhere.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    bottompaged post

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Goumindong wrote:

If nessesity demands it, bring togother a council, and at that time we will make provisions with what is to be done.

Until that time, we must act in good faith.

Seeing the inequity of the land, the light and the shadow, some spots blessed more than others, Gorgrol stood, and opened a hole above and a hole below the world. In the space abo the world he placed magic, an endless resovoir with which the least and the most could draw upon. Drawing on magic would not be easy, but would be open to all, if even in small ways. This curbed the inequity, gave power and meaning to shadow, crafting illusions, and in the absence of illusion, in the light, formed divination. The earth became strong and hard, a giver and protector. All the schools of magic were formed, and open to all.

Below the world, he placed death. And death was outside the world, locked and sealed off. Death was nothing, and end, the complete end. Gringrol went into death and sought out the deaths of all his brothers and sisters. He took their deaths and sealed them tight in a cocoon of magic. One by one he presented his Brothers and Sisters with their deaths, abdicating his power of them. Thus, the Gods became immortal or mortal as their choosing.
    My brother thank you for allowing me the choice of mortaliity or immortality. I have made my decision, I am to be mortal. For how can one know the thrill of battle when you cannot bleed. However I do wonder if you could postpone my death of age. I do not wish to die an old man, weak and frail.

After making this most important decision, Throngarth looks upon the unfinished plane. If the lord of Earth permits I wish to change our world with a little....conflict.

((Basically make even the geography collide, Deserts next to oceans, Mountains beside plains etc. conditions that would not be possible without a god's touch.))

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    bottompaged post
    Would I be overstepping my bounds if I claimed(Even how humaliating it's orgin may be) the realm of water? The ocean can have mighty waves that can tear asunder even the mightiest of fleets, a fact that I have a connection with.[/i]

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    We have no oceans, or sandy deserts. Sand takes time, or divine intervention.
    Throngrarth may take the realm of water, at least temporarily. Fill the lowlands with mighty oceans! Then, draw up a preliminary coastal map for divine review.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    bottompaged post
    Would I be overstepping my bounds if I claimed(Even how humaliating it's orgin may be) the realm of water? The ocean can have mighty waves that can tear asunder even the mightiest of fleets, a fact that I have a connection with.[/i]
    i've only got the destructive bits of water. go for it.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    We have no oceans, or sandy deserts. Sand takes time, or divine intervention.
    ((I do belive a god of earth qualifies as divine intervention =P, also see my query above.))

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Then I, Throngarth claim the fishes' bladder as my own and rain torrential downpours onto the land, slowly but surely the worlds first oceans are born, through brutal and violent storms.
    ((Ack, I hate posting after myself.))

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    My brother thank you for allowing me the choice of mortaliity or immortality. I have made my decision, I am to be mortal. For how can one know the thrill of battle when you cannot bleed. However I do wonder if you could postpone my death of age. I do not wish to die an old man, weak and frail.

After making this most important decision, Throngarth looks upon the unfinished plane. If the lord of Earth permits I wish to change our world with a little....conflict.

((Basically make even the geography collide, Deserts next to oceans, Mountains beside plains etc. conditions that would not be possible without a god's touch.))

Die when you want, it is not my matter anymore, but yours. You hold your death, and you may do with it as you please

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    It would be a sad irony if this were to become a desert world.

Currently we have a big dry empty expanse of terrain with dead fish lying everywhere.

I would claim this as part of my domain of contradictions, but it appears someone has already remedied this situation.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    After Throngrarth shows the gods his waters, Salt must enlighten us as to the positions of the mountains, plains and trenches on the Scale.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    (( What, you want me to draw you a map?

I am no cartographer. -_- ))

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Does the exact position of every mountain and valley really matter? Suffice it to say that my influence creates the valleys, and Earth's creates the mountains, and that's that.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2006

((Well, the idea's to design a setting. I thought we'd make a world map, just filling in major terrain features like mountain ranges on the coastline map blank comes up with. Then EvilBadman or whoever's working that part can rain us some rivers, and Rose can put in some forests. Nobody has to design the whole thing.
    Or has this become a purely RP game?))

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006

((Well, the idea's to design a setting. Just fill in major terrain features like mountain ranges on the coastline map blank comes up with. Then EvilBadman or whoever's working that part can rain us some rivers, and Rose can put in some forests. Nobody has to design the whole thing.))
    :( ((I feel unloved. But yeah splitting the workload sounds like it would be good.))

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ((do we really have to have a map? it flattens things.))

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ((Not if you guys are against it. When we get to civilisations I guess we can just have things floating in undetermined locations.))

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ((It's a flat world. ^_^ ))

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    As God of Contradictions, Riddles and Puzzles, I decree that the layout of the world is known by all, but unable to be recorded on a physical medium.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    As God of Contradictions, Riddles and Puzzles, I decree that the layout of the world is known by all, but unable to be recorded on a physical medium.
    We're gods, after all. We don't need physical maps.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

:^:

Karilmat on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Good work, carry on.

((I don't think there should be anything preventing you from making specific locations, though - you just don't record exactly where they are in relation to one another. Right?))

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Good work, carry on.

((I don't think there should be anything preventing you from making specific locations, though - you just don't record exactly where they are in relation to one another. Right?))
    ((Right. I just didn't want to get bogged down in SPECIFIC LOCATIONS before we get to the fun stuff; culture & backstory.))

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    If my hand may be permitted to help guide the shaping of this world, I sieze the swim bladder, dictating balance.

There shall be no more light than there shall dark, and there shall be no more creation then there shall be entropy.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

One cannot escape one's shadow, after all.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ((Just want to say I'm reading, just too busy leading a CoH team to do stuff. Hopefully I'll be in time later to make roads :P))

Scooter on