As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC Comics Thread

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Meltzer did just do the re-telling of Batman's origin that DC had a big marketing push with in Detective 27...

CYpGAPn.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Aquaman and The Others by Dan Jurgens and Lan Medina.

Can't say I'm too excited about that either.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Should have John Ostrander writing it

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I was way more excited about that when I was misreading it as "Aquaman and the Otters"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Aquaman and The Others by Dan Jurgens and Lan Medina.

Can't say I'm too excited about that either.

I was excited for it, but then I found out Jurgens is writing it. :\

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So is the main Forever Evil series suffering from delays?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    "suffering"

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    "suffering"

Hey I'm still reading it. I'm hoping for an Ultra Man vs. Bizarro end fight.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So is the main Forever Evil series suffering from delays?

Nah, they just switched it from being at the beginning of the month to being at the end of the month, starting in December.

I think it was meant so that whatever crazyness they had in store for April could start the next week (after the event ended and revealed a big status quo shakeup, or whatever), but now I kind of have the feeling that there won't be any crazyness.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Welp, Teen Titans has been cancelled.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50317

To be honest, what little I read was bad, so I don't see this as a great loss. Hopefully a year down the road someone who is a good writer will come along and resurrect it.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I hated what they did to Tim, so good ridance.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I can see it now, Wally shows up, sees the state of the of the DCU, and re-merges with the Speed Force.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Scott Lobdell is free to take on another title, eh?

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I can see it now, Wally shows up, sees the state of the of the DCU, and re-merges with the Speed Force.

Wally tries to steal the Cosmic Treadmill so he can fix things. All the heroes treat him like he's Hal Jordan during Zero Hour and they must all unite to stop him from rewriting the universe.

Comic readers just cheer Wally on.

He speed blitzes around, gathering the parts he needs and avoiding hurting any of the heroes. He's about to succeed! He'll restore the old universe!

Then Superman snaps Wally's neck to stop him. The New 52 is saved.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    TT is cancelled but Tony Daniel might be leaving Superman/WW to write and draw the relaunch.

I don't... I don't even know anymore. From what I've seen of Supes/WW it actually seems to be pretty good, since Soule is writing it, and Daniel's art worked well there.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    I don't want Daniel writing a book, but anything is better than Lobdell.

I wonder why they can't get someone with a lighter touch on Teen Titans. Pak and Azzarello (the Dr. 13 shorts were a lot of fun) are good choices.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    Art Baltazar and Franco, even Ig Guerra, there's your TT team.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Art Baltazar and Franco, even Ig Guerra, there's your TT team.

Didnt' even realize Baltazar had done any DCU proper work. Was the Green Team any good?

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    I read the first issue and it was good. It was light hearted and a little over the top with how much money these kids had but it felt like it was trying to make the reader smile.

Unfortunately the reader was a teenage DC who won't smile at happy crap that doesn't cuss and go hardcore so he kicked it to the curb to listen to some LMFAO.

Everything's just a mess at DC, they already need a reboot.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm relaunching Teen Titans as Young Justice

hope you guys are ready

I will also be writing "All-New New Teen Titans", in which the Wolfman/Perez era Titans somehow arrive in the DCnU and are just utterly disgusted and confused by it.

Justice League of America is ending in April, and Justice League United is launching to replace it.

The book is half set in Canada and half set in Space.

Good move, DC. It was a wise decision to give that book a fresh start. This is the only thing I'm looking forward to without reservation.

Also, full solicits are coming next Tuesday, so we've still got a wait and a couple of days for big and small announcements. I imagine we'll hear some big creative changes tomorrow and Monday, and that we'll get some group solicits over the weekend.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    looks like an interesting cast for JLU.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

So Chris Hadfield is joining the Justice League?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

So Chris Hadfield is joining the Justice League?

if "Chris Hadfield" is the nickname of a 16 year old girl from the Cree First Nations, yes

if you're talking about the astronaut, not so much

So aside from the new First Nations girl, and J'onn (who doesn't really count), it's a team made up of blonde-haired white people?

I'd say "all straight", as well, but I don't remember if we've seen anything regarding Stargirl's sexuality.

That being said, I love that Adam Strange costume.

Well all the blond haired white people are getting kicked out of other books, in a trail of tears, give them a reservation in this book.......

.....oh.

TexiKen wrote: »
    TT is cancelled but Tony Daniel might be leaving Superman/WW to write and draw the relaunch.

I don't believe that rumor because it also says Soule was offered the book and turned it down

he'll take all the books he can write

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

hope you guys are ready

I'm kind of surprised that, with Justice League Dark, Justice League International, Justice League, Justice League of America, Justice League 3000, and now Justice League United, there was never a Young Justice League.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Huh.

Post Forever Evil Spoilers:
    Luthor and Captain Cold join the Justice League. Superman, Green Lantern and Flash seem to be out.

Munch wrote: »

hope you guys are ready

I'm kind of surprised that, with Justice League Dark, Justice League International, Justice League, Justice League of America, Justice League 3000, and now Justice League United, there was never a Young Justice League.

Are you, though? Are you really?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I actually think Cold and Lex on the team is an interesting idea

I do not think Johns will make it work well

CYpGAPn.png
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    it's about time DC got around to copying Secret Invasion and Dark Reign

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hey. I have absolute faith that Captain Cold could be a hero.

edited January 2014
    Lex being on the Justice League is pretty interesting, as long as they go with the "doesn't like Superman because he stunts human potential" Lex and not "take over the world" Lex.

Garlic Bread on
    Other news: Ted Kord (and rumored Booster Gold) are coming back during/after the end of Forever Evil.

Lex being on the Justice League is pretty interesting, as long as they go with the "doesn't like Superman because he stunts human potential" Lex and not "take over the world" Lex.
    That's how Johns has more or less always written him, so we should be in good shape. Plus Johns has been pretty good on JL with a couple exceptions, the biggest being his awful Crime Syndicate origin issues from the last few months. I kind of miss Barry and Hal being on the team, though. Hal's been gone for well over a year now.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Other news: Ted Kord (and rumored Booster Gold) are coming back during/after the end of Forever Evil.

RpSi1VY.jpg

This discussion has been closed.