As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Friday, February 17, 2012 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 3, Ep. 14: Hope Springs Eternal (

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
image[PATV] Friday, February 17, 2012 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 3, Ep. 14: Hope Springs Eternal (4th Panel)

Tastefully straddling the line between documentary and guilty-pleasure voyeurism, Penny Arcade: The Series collects the bizarre continuum of one of the world's strangest companies. In this episode, our heroes create the strip "<a href="http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/01/25">Hope Springs Eternal</a>."

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    m25105m25105 Registered User regular
    This one is my favourite :)

• Options
    SewblonSewblon Registered User regular
    There should be a character named "Darth Macaroon."

• Options
    reccaoconnorreccaoconnor Homp Chicago, ILRegistered User new member
    IIRC Vader (or maybe a slight variation of it) is German for father.

• Options
    WolvenSpectreWolvenSpectre Saskatchewan, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Darth Vader's name translates to Dark Father from Dutch or German. It was also supposedly picked because it sounds like invader. Also George Lucas once said it was supposed to be pronounced VA-Ter, but he eventually gave up correcting people.

Personally when it comes to expanded universe stuff I take it as a given that you either have a funny name, a good classy name or the most stupid over the top bad name. If you can get around that then you can listen to the story, but sometimes... it ain't easy.

• Options
    Scorch62Scorch62 Registered User regular
    Looked up "Darth Andeddu." Man, I must be a cheap movie-goer, fictional universe reader, whatever of nerdom... I am a cheap and easy to please fan. However, I do not accept everything... just almost everything I see and read. All I go is "sigh... I guess that's part of the universe now."

At first, I thought it was interesting. Still slightly a bit interesting (with no glimmer of hope, that is)... but because of this, and all the expansive universe stuff, I'm actually happy that Disney/Lucas is getting a "chainsaw" and straightening out the continuity.

Also, seem to be forgetting "Darth Tyranus." Not gonna lie, I immediately thought of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.