As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Universe Online] Now Free-to-Play! Lightning Strikes DLC now available, zappy zappy.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    its very, very hard to screw up

if you pick "bad powers", you can respec at any time by going to the watchtower/hall of doom and paying $500 (in game money) or so for a complete reset. same for skills. if you keep doing it on the same day, the price goes up, but resets in 24 hrs

I think if you look through the archive on the DCUO site, they'll have videos of the powers

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Because you can only actually bind a handful of powers, you wind up taking a bunch of stuff that you don't actually use (either because you needed to take it to move down the skill tree or just because you had a spare power.) So you have a lot of leeway and functionally it seems to be pretty difficult to really screw things up, unless you define screwing up as 'not having the absolute min-maxiest build.'

You can also learn as many weapon skills as you want if you care to grind them out, and you can respec for a nominal amount of ingame currency the first couple times you do it.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    so you stuck with it @Eat it You Nasty Pig.? whats your character's name, I'll add you in game

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Hey guys, FINALLY took the time to get this going on my PS3, and I have to say it's pretty cool. Quick question...

Can I start a new hero/villian at any time? Because my girlfriend was very excited about the cat person. Because I can make her cat, Tucker, into Lord Tuckington, the top hatted feline super hero.

Now that's great and all, but if the game is as cool as it seems, and I decide to keep playing, and keep a hero going onto the PS4, I highly doubt I'd want it to be Lord Tuckington.

So when I create a character, can I ultimately go make a second, or delete the first and start a new guy?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    as a free plyer, you get six characters at a time, premium is 8? i think, and subscribed is 16

and at any time you can just buy more character slots too

Joolander on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I kind of wound up sticking with it I guess? I don't log in very often though. I got to max level and found the group stuff sort of boring, so now I just log in occasionally and punch a few guys or maybe run around the city a bit

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Sorcha RavenlockSorcha Ravenlock Registered User regular
    I just noticed I can't play this with SOE as a European customer, I get sent to something called "Pro sat sieben" or something like that instead. Anyone familiar with this company, are they trustworthy? and are the EU servers active with players or are they dead now they are separate from SOE?
    The EU forum seemed very quiet when I looked just now, and I was a bit shocked to see people posting racial slurs without repercussion on those forums, so I'm a bit hesitant to even try the game.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So with the ps4 coming up, and this game releasing on it, is anyone excited in the slightest?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    *Raises hand* Very.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    *Raises hand* Very.

Well let's pick heroes or villains and I will totally play with you at launch

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    I was dicking around with the game on my PS4. I played the PC version a while back, so its nothing crazy new for me.

Pretty fun, looks like the PC version on max settings.

I assume the two servers are PS3/PS4 only though? I went on the PVP one, PSN thingie is buc_wild ....not sure if people add that or ingame name, started a dude named Gudbrande (God Weapon) and smackin people with a shield.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I just noticed I can't play this with SOE as a European customer, I get sent to something called "Pro sat sieben" or something like that instead. Anyone familiar with this company, are they trustworthy? and are the EU servers active with players or are they dead now they are separate from SOE?
    The EU forum seemed very quiet when I looked just now, and I was a bit shocked to see people posting racial slurs without repercussion on those forums, so I'm a bit hesitant to even try the game.
    @Sorcha Ravenlock 
    Im not very familiar with the company, but i havent heard of anything crazy. I think there will not be a large and active community, taking this thread's size as an indicator.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    I was dicking around with the game on my PS4. I played the PC version a while back, so its nothing crazy new for me.

I assume the two servers are PS3/PS4 only though? I went on the PVP one, PSN thingie is buc_wild ....not sure if people add that or ingame name, started a dude named Gudbrande (God Weapon) and smackin people with a shield.

I would assume the servers are for both PC and console. I'm not positive, but given that it is an MMO it'd be weird to split the playerbase like that IMO. Plus it wouldn't be the only MMO on the PS3/4 that did that.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Badwrong wrote: »

I would assume the servers are for both PC and console. I'm not positive, but given that it is an MMO it'd be weird to split the playerbase like that IMO. Plus it wouldn't be the only MMO on the PS3/4 that did that.

I'm still looking for a more official answer, but most googling is telling me that the console servers are not the same as PC. The PS3 and PS4 ones are the same of course.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I did some quick googling as well and found a few threads on the official forums were people were asking to merge PC and PS3/4 servers.

Huh, it is just bizarre to me that they choose to set things up like that.

edit- It had to have been a company choice. There are other MMOs on the PS3/4 that have all players together. Hell, Warframe isn't even an MMO and you can play with PS4/PC players together.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    FFXIV IS an MMO and you can play with PC players from the PS3/Soon-To-Be-PS4 version.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Anybody still playing this on PC besides me?

Anyways, if you need a T5 tank just ask for Star Ember. I'll gladly run lower stuff as well

Joolander on
  • Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Playing on ps3, do I play with pc people?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No, you can play with ps4 people though

• Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    @Joolander I just restarted m'self, running a celestial/hand blast healer. Only lvl 10 for now, but so far having fun again. Character is Karuunch

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    @UncleChet I put you on my friends list. Let me know if you need help

Also, armories are out guys!

• Options
    If there are server choices for PC, what server are people on for (PVP or PVE?)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    @joolander Thanks, I'll try to find you. May need help. Stuck at lvl 28 and t o Morrow mission keeps taking my lunch money. My load out is celestial dps and I'm using triggered power ups

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    @badwrong I'm pc pve

• Options
    @badwrong there are multiple PvP and PvE phases on the one PC server

The way to switch between them is the Phase Shifter located in the Watchtower in the middle, across from the big holographic globe. There's also one in the Hall of Doom if you're playing villain

The only real difference between the PvP and PvE phases is that your PvP flag is always on when in the PvP phase, which means players of the opposite faction can attack you without warning, and I think there's one less pop up for initiating a duel

• Options
    So this game now has an armory: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/16/armories-arrive-in-dc-universe-online/ You can store alternate costumes in there and swap between them when out of combat. The armory is also a room you can physically visit where your different sets are on display and you can feel like a super hero.

• Options
    Here are my armories

Left: Sentinel MkXVII (PvE Tank), Right: Stealth MkII (PvE Melee DPS)

9qem.jpg

Left: Howitzer MkIV (PvE Ranged DPS), Right: DrenBreaker MkXI (PvP Tank)

t87u.jpg

DrenBreaker is named after a player in my league, it's meant to be like Iron Man's HulkBuster

• Options
    Went from 1-30 on a new controller this weekend. Sure if nice when a game does that intial leveling fast like that.

I assume the long term thing is skill points to get passive stat buffs right?

This game is really fun. Not sure if I wanna do much of the endgame or just PVP though. With the way gear works, it seems you really should focus on one, or do legends PVP.

Do I need an active guild/league thingie to get far in the PVE side?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    After level 30, your Combat Rating is considered your level. It's basically the average level of all your gear, taken as a whole

Skill points are important, but so there is no way for other players to have any insight on how many you have, you can't really judge anyone by them

PvP just started a new season, so now is definitely the time to get into it. Normal PvP and Legends give the same rewards though, so I'd recommend starting in legends

Leagues are very helpful for running endgame stuff. Most pug groups want you to be way over leveled for content, it's fairly ridiculous

• Options
    I bought a bunch of dlc so i could make an Earth/shield tank and my personal base. This marked the 3rd time i really wanted to play the game so i figured it was worth spending money on it for once.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, is anyone still playing on the PC?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    So, is anyone still playing on the PC?

I log in every now and then. And, even though I've been subscribed since the game first came out, my characters are still in their mid-teens (I get easily distracted and forget to level).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I play occasionally on my friend's PS4 when I'm at his house. My name is Rusalkah and I am a CR60 mentalist.

• Options
    I'm actively playing again. PC, my highest is CR 51 gadgets, currently DPS (hero), and i'm working up a rage tank (villain)

• Options
    Alinius133Alinius133 Registered User regular
    I am currently active on the PC(I come and go). I have a CR 65 hero.

• Options
    Okay, I know this thread is absolutely ancient....buuuuuut...

So DCUO came out on the Xbone a few months ago, but it wasn't until recently that I've been itching to play a game set in the DC universe (mostly, every single time I go through and watch season 1 of Supergirl again, Batman vs. Superman again, and the trailers for the upcoming Wonder Woman and Justice League movies). Judging from the lack of activity here, I'm guessing that the PC crowd for the game kind of died out...but how's the Xbone population? Anybody around these parts playing?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    havent played it in years, had fun for a bit I am sure it has changed a ton since I played last.. (well I hope it has...)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Okay, I know this thread is absolutely ancient....buuuuuut...

So DCUO came out on the Xbone a few months ago, but it wasn't until recently that I've been itching to play a game set in the DC universe (mostly, every single time I go through and watch season 1 of Supergirl again, Batman vs. Superman again, and the trailers for the upcoming Wonder Woman and Justice League movies). Judging from the lack of activity here, I'm guessing that the PC crowd for the game kind of died out...but how's the Xbone population? Anybody around these parts playing?

I occasionally play on the PS4, but I dont know if it shares servers or not

• Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    Going to revive this thread with a call out to see if anyone still plays this. Recently had a fit of CoH nostalgia and tried to satiate it with WoW but it didn't give me my fix. On a whim tried this out and at least for now it is doing the trick. Can see myself doing this for at least a few months before I become jaded. So who's out there!?

jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    Going to revive this thread with a call out to see if anyone still plays this. Recently had a fit of CoH nostalgia and tried to satiate it with WoW but it didn't give me my fix. On a whim tried this out and at least for now it is doing the trick. Can see myself doing this for at least a few months before I become jaded. So who's out there!?

I'm kiiiiinda playing it. I think my highest level character on PC is a level 16 or 18 gun-toting ice queen (Villain) or a level 15 or 16 flaming scrapper (Hero). I also have a level 5 or 6 character on Xbox...but she doesn't get much play right now.