As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Welcome to the league of raven

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Hai seems good natured in a professional sense. He took their losses to Fnatic pretty well.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Non-sense, the more we can talk up Teemo and get people playing him again the sooner we get to having Debonair Teemo, Solid Badger Teemo, and Reverse Teemo.

Teemo dressed as a mushroom putting down teemo statues

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    CLG couldn't have been more indecisive there if they tried, and they tried really hard

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Oh CLG

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Non-sense, the more we can talk up Teemo and get people playing him again the sooner we get to having Debonair Teemo, Solid Badger Teemo, and Reverse Teemo.

Teemo dressed as a mushroom putting down teemo statues

gkHvw.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    C9 can't be stopped!

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    My tweet @lolesports just scrolled across the screen.

C9 is the most dominate force in the NA LCS, but their games just bore me to tears. They minimize mistakes, and punish the slightest mistake from their opponent.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    My tweet @lolesports just scrolled across the screen.

C9 is the most dominate force in the NA LCS, but their games just bore me to tears. They minimize mistakes, and punish the slightest mistake from their opponent.

I think calling it 'punishing mistakes' is being pretty generous. They play like a SoloQ. Which is, to say, SoloQ isn't about being better or worse, its about going the longest without throwing.

C9 plays incredibly safe and its more them waiting for their opponents to get antsy and throw while trying to make plays. Honestly its like the CLG/EG 'late game' strat all over again, they just happen to have some mechanically solid people in every position to back it up.

steam_sig.png
    This is already painful to watch

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    For the earlier discussion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLYZ7uI7Yo

camo_sig.png
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    C9 can't be stopped!

Until they meet actual competition at worlds.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Dignitas is a goddamned garbage fire of a team. This is just sad to watch.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bjergsen for president.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    I think TSM is capable of taking on C9. I think the downtime just hurts them because they yoloQ so much more then every other team.

Also OddOne is doing pretty damn good on Elise.

The more I see TSM the more I think Dyrus just isn't keeping up with all the changes as much as everyone else.

steam_sig.png
    Leaving aside the fact that Crumbzz has been horrible for a split and a half now, I'm just flabbergasted that they seem so intent on keeping Kiwikid.

I will root for Dig just because of QTPie. He's one of my favorite streamers.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    I think TSM is capable of taking on C9. I think the downtime just hurts them because they yoloQ so much more then every other team.

The more I see TSM the more I think Dyrus just isn't keeping up with all the changes as much as everyone else.

they got teemo'ed.
    and before you try defend tsm any further ..
    they got teemo'ed.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, I have seriously disliked TSM for as long as I can remember. Pretty sure this was a result of Regi's infinite capacity for throws and shoddy play. The addition of Bjergsen is a boon for them and I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop.

Also, Dignitas has totally fallen apart. Sad.

fsmith1 on
    evilthecat wrote: »

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

They crushed Teemo but the lack of oracles has pretty much made Teemo one of the most annoying god damn champs in the game. Hands down. Hai was total trash but could still dominate because there is no oracles. There is a reason that Teemo main dude finally made challenger in preseason and it wasn't because he suddenly became amazing at the game.

steam_sig.png
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    übergeek wrote: »
    For the earlier discussion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLYZ7uI7Yo

I love SivHD normally. HOWEVER:

He is entirely ignoring the fact that riots statistics team is not completely dumb. they didn't hire a BA team by walking around and picking up homeless people, they have actual statistics, siv does not. SivHD is being completely ignorant. When he starts talking about how can a map that is smaller and has less items cause issues on a lesser computer my head wants to explode.

He keeps saying 'everyone' that was not the case. When he talks about 'unsustainable' at the end he seems to be unable to grasp how much effort that would have to into maintaining magma chamber. Every new champion then needs to be checked up against, SR, TT, Dominion and MC. Every new patch needs its another thing that needs to be checked, unless a LARGE amount of the community played MC, its not worth it and they found it wasn't worth it. It is why you hire Analyst teams.

SivHDs main argument is basically saying that riot has no idea how to read statistics and they obviously didn't see it how he did. Which is really silly.

I touched on everything else Siv said in other posts a long with other people who actually understand and come from a development environment have talked about it as well. At this point I don't think I am going to change your mind uber so I am going to agree to disagree with what you've said and with what Siv said.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Dyrus got picked on at the end of S3 in Worlds, NA teams haven't seemed to do it. Well, Bjergsen might be putting up enough threat that they can't afford to do it.

It kinda says something he could mostly just afk in lane and win because Bjergsen was so dominating.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

They crushed Teemo but the lack of oracles has pretty much made Teemo one of the most annoying god damn champs in the game. Hands down. Hai was total trash but could still dominate because there is no oracles. There is a reason that Teemo main dude finally made challenger in preseason and it wasn't because he suddenly became amazing at the game.

I highlighted the words that are incorrect and reek of your saltiness.
    This is high level play. You don't win by playing poorly.

And honestly, any other team that isn't TSM (i.e. passive farmwhores) would be able to deal with teemo.

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

And honestly, any other team that isn't TSM (i.e. passive farmwhores) would be able to deal with teemo.

Teemo played very poorly in lane and still had a wildly disproportionate impact on the game because of the vision changes. Despite Hai not playing well, the rest of his team is competent enough that, without oracles, there is no real counterplay to the map control that Teemo brings outside of picking a really early game team comp and trying for a 20 minute win, which TSM didn't do because C9 hid the Teemo pick.

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

Except Hai getting crushed in lane, however thanks to his other lanes carrying him he was allowed to do what AP teemo does best. shroom up. There were a lot of factors that caused TSM to lose that match, a lot of them stemmed from the very early lead C9 got from pushing 2 towers. Shrooms create such a massive amount of map control and with a lack of orcles and add the fact that c9 abused this, made the entire game just a snore fest of 'TSM can't leave their base, can't go in the jungle, they have to run up mid lane and their behind. This is fun, lets watch TSM farm in their base.'

I have no idea how you're ignoring the main part of his post which is that the map control that mushrooms provide is far too strong with out some way of detecting them dispite the fact that teemo did badly in lane. Why act like a goose when a legitimate point was made?

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    5 minute dragon is the new Baron.

God phreak is so terrible

Miniwolf wrote: »

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

Except Hai getting crushed in lane, however thanks to his other lanes carrying him he was allowed to do what AP teemo does best. shroom up. There were a lot of factors that caused TSM to lose that match, a lot of them stemmed from the very early lead C9 got from pushing 2 towers. Shrooms create such a massive amount of map control and with a lack of orcles and add the fact that c9 abused this, made the entire game just a snore fest of 'TSM can't leave their base, can't go in the jungle, they have to run up mid lane and their behind. This is fun, lets watch TSM farm in their base.'

I have no idea how you're ignoring the main part of his post which is that the map control that mushrooms provide is far too strong with out some way of detecting them. Why act like a goose when a legitimate point was made?

because it isn't a legitimate point.
    Hai died twice in lane but still did just fine on cs and held his tower.
    grag, despite DOMINATING his lane finished the game with 4 kills.

I won't dispute the vision changes making champs with stealth a problem, but seriously, you can't call a player trash when he contributed to the overall shape of the game.
    "oh but it's the champ". but it isn't. if teemo were as OP as you seem to be making him out to be, then everyone would be playing it. But hey, they aren't.
    Maybe Hai isn't as poor as you're stating. Maybe, just maaaaybe, tsm aren't as awesome as many around here wish they were.

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

I have no idea how you're ignoring the main part of his post which is that the map control that mushrooms provide is far too strong with out some way of detecting them. Why act like a goose when a legitimate point was made?

I won't dispute the vision changes making champs with stealth a problem, but seriously, you can't call a player trash when he contributed to the overall shape of the game.
    "oh but it's the champ". but it isn't. if teemo were as OP as you seem to be making him out to be, then everyone would be playing it. But hey, they aren't.
    Maybe Hai isn't as poor as you're stating. Maybe, just maaaaybe, tsm aren't as awesome as many around here wish they were.

Teemo was 100 CS behind gragas at some point, and died twice (i think?) to him in a 1v1. He held tower because Meteos was really ahead of Oddone and TSM focused jungle pressure elsewhere. Hai is a good player but he was beaten pretty soundly in lane, and managed to influence the game far beyond what he would have been able to do with any other champion in that position because Teemo as a champion was not designed with the current vision system in mind. This is not being exploited by other teams because it takes a concerted team effort and outside of C9, I doubt anyone has been even considering practicing the comp.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    someone tell me how the cass pick is going

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

Teemo was 100 CS behind gragas at some point, and died twice (i think?) to him in a 1v1. He held tower because Meteos was really ahead of Oddone and TSM focused jungle pressure elsewhere. Hai is a good player but he was beaten pretty soundly in lane, and managed to influence the game far beyond what he would have been able to do with any other champion in that position because Teemo as a champion was not designed with the current vision system in mind. This is not being exploited by other teams because it takes a concerted team effort and outside of C9, I doubt anyone has been even considering practicing the comp.

Your point being?
    Because my initial point was that TSM is a poor team and Hai isn't a trash player.
    You've conceded that Hai is good, I guess TSM never ever having beaten C9 in an official capacity covers the other half.

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

Your point being?
    Because my initial point was that TSM is a poor team and Hai isn't a trash player.
    You've conceded that Hai is good, I guess TSM never ever having beaten C9 in an official capacity covers the other half.
    My point is that Teemo is not a troll pick and it wasn't as if C9 picked him to tie an arm behind their back so they could style on TSM. There's a legitimate and powerful strategy behind his pick, and TSM losing to it doesn't make them the bunch of incompetent clowns that you're so strangely intent on portraying them as.

Or I guess we can just call them a terrible team for losing a game to one of the better teams in the world.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    someone tell me how the cass pick is going

It didn't turn out too well.

2/4/3 I think. Got killed a couple times really early and never was able to make a huge impact with her Ult.

All in all, it looked like she was outmatched by Zed mid.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

Your point being?
    My point is that Teemo is not a troll pick and it wasn't as if C9 picked him to tie an arm behind their back so they could style on TSM. There's a legitimate and powerful strategy behind his pick, and TSM losing to it doesn't make them the bunch of incompetent clowns that you're so strangely intent on portraying them as.

Or I guess we can just call them a terrible team for losing a game to one of the better teams in the world.

I recall seeing Hai flash in from behind a wall to blind the enemy ADC and effectively removed him from the team fight. I don't think it was all garbage but the fact is everyone talks about how Teemos usefulness in team fights is super low. In professional games I think he is a champion that indirectly influences the game more than having a direct quantifiable influence.

steam_sig.png

they got teemo'ed.
    they got teemo'ed.

Your point being?

You know who did repeatedly beat C9? Vulcun. man, such an amazingly great team because they handily beat C9 repeatedly. Glad they are top tier... oh, wait, no, right. That isn't quite how it works is it? And yes, Vulcun crushed C9.

So by your reasoning Vulcun is better then C9, who is better then the rest of NA, so Vulcun is the best team in NA?

But TSM easily beat Vulcun. ..Hm. Dang. So did CLG. Hmmmm.

Damn, it's almost like that logic doesn't actually work except in a vacuum because you want to it be true. That's a shame. It almost sounded good though.

steam_sig.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    3-2 in placements so far (2 Sivir+1 Leona/1 Sivir and 1 Draven).

Gotta practice my Draven. I cannot play him right now as a Sivir counter cause my mechanics are too awful. My fault, I've been playing only mid and jungle in normals (I think I might be a better player if I didn't play 90% blind pick and most of that on champs I don't play in ranked).

I carried so hard as Leona, not just as CC KS machine but also as team therapist. Our jungler was quite taken with me and demanded that everyone honor me afterwards. :)

Edit: also I am worried that I will place into Bronze. I know I can carry myself out of Bronze, but it's somewhat challenging.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Scumbag dodge there

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    When did Annie become a support?

(legitimate question. No PC. Haven't played in months)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    At Worlds last year, so around October? Chinese dudes realized that having a 1.75s AE stun at level 1 was a pretty great thing for a support to have. Her ridonkulous attack range for lane harass is just a lovely bonus.

Ah. That's right when I stopped playing.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.