As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Am I just missing the awesome posts sub-forum? Has it become best of? (Answered)

jamesrajamesra Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
I won't pretend that there isn't a certain amount of ego trawling in my question; two of my posts have been called awesome and this makes me proud of myself. However! I am mostly interested in other nominated posts. My quick Googling of site:forums.penny-arcade.com didn't reveal a clear answer. If it HAS become best of, is there any way to navigate it? By inference, I clearly find it difficult to navigate currently. Is there nothing that is safe from Mark Zuckerberg's baleful gaze? Is he a Ernst Stavro Blofeld? And if he is, where is our Bond? Or is he Sauron, and wither then our Frodo and the Rohan? If he is the KGB, why is our nuclear deterrent failing to protect us? Or is he Pestilence, come to auger the end times?

(If it is best of, what does cause posts to end up there? This really isn't about me, fwiw. I'm just always curious about mechanics).

"Everything in war is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult. The difficulties accumulate and end by producing a kind of friction. . . . This tremendous friction . . . is everywhere in contact with chance, and brings about effects that cannot be measured, just because they are largely due to chance" Carl Von Clausezwitz. (1832),
jamesra on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The functionality you're looking for no longer exists. The best of is just a feed of recent content that received a lot of reactions. You can look back on the posts of yours that were deemed awesome by clicking the relevant reaction in your profile.

• jamesrajamesra Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The functionality you're looking for no longer exists. The best of is just a feed of recent content that received a lot of reactions. You can look back on the posts of yours that were deemed awesome by clicking the relevant reaction in your profile.

Pity. Mine I know about, of course. But I rather enjoyed being able to see what other people thought was good -- it was a nice way to figure out what conversations would be interesting to follow, amongst all the stuff.

Such is life.

"Everything in war is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult. The difficulties accumulate and end by producing a kind of friction. . . . This tremendous friction . . . is everywhere in contact with chance, and brings about effects that cannot be measured, just because they are largely due to chance" Carl Von Clausezwitz. (1832),
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    That's what the Best Of is for. Recent things that several people have rated highly (agrees and awesomes).