As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Friday, June 22, 2012 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 3, Ep. 32: Season Finale

2»

• Options
    elraverelraver Accrametron Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    In 14 years I want to get a Fruit Fucker Smoothie and see kids running around with an Annarchy Meal from the local actual Penny Arcade Restaurant, Bar, Cafe, Gaming Arcade and Playground down the street, where I'll be sipping Whiskey while playing arcade games right before I move over to one of the RPG tables in the cafe to join some friends in a game of D&D 7E. But perhaps that is just a dream.

• Options
    jhubaseball08jhubaseball08 Registered User regular
    elraver wrote: »
    In 14 years I want to get a Fruit Fucker Smoothie and see kids running around with an Annarchy Meal from the local actual Penny Arcade Restaurant, Bar, Cafe, Gaming Arcade and Playground down the street, where I'll be sipping Whiskey while playing arcade games right before I move over to one of the RPG tables in the cafe to join some friends in a game of D&D 7E. But perhaps that is just a dream.

Yeah.

The BEST dream.

• Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    BTW, as for 14 years from now... I can't imagine, provided they still have dicks, that they could find such appendages to be anything but hilarious in nature. The dick embodies mirth.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Options
    FreedentFreedent Registered User new member
    This season was great, but why, WHY are the sound levels so crazy? The music is incredibly loud compared to people's voices. It's hard to enjoy these eps when I'm busy toggling the volume control every 30 seconds. I don't understand why the production crews can't get this right.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Dunno about 14 years, but I think with the community we can help them realize the dream of Olympus within 2-3 years.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    In 14 years, I still see them doing Penny Arcade. Mostly because I can see men like Ed Greenwood or Phil Foglio, who've been doing the same nerdy thing over their entire lifespan while maintaining a dirty sense of humor. I can point to them and be like, "Yep, that's where Mike and Jerry are going to be." They're going to be wizened nerds with big beer guts and hearty laughter.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    PooLPooL Registered User new member
    Ugh, thank Odin for this episode. I've been in a slump lately, and I'm walking away from the keyboard a little more inspired. Thank you for that.

• Options
    loserfailtowinloserfailtowin Registered User new member
    I think we need more of Jerry's impersonations of internet people ranting about changes in the comic strips. That was pretty hilarious.

• Options
    SlaignSlaign Registered User regular
    I think 4th Panel should spin off into it's own weekly show, and let PA:TS focus on the culture and events in the company. I love both aspects, but I honestly enjoy the outright hilarity of 4th Panel the most. I'd imagine the 4th Panel episodes take the least effort/budget to produce, and with 3 strips a week, there has to be enough to film.

But that's just something I'd love to see, I'm perfectly happy with the way things are now too. Who can complain about free entertainment? Well, apparently a lot of people I guess, but no one should.

• Options
    BarefootorbustBarefootorbust Registered User new member
    Wow. The apartment you showed, the exact one, was my first apartment back in 1994. It has way better carpet than it did back then. I t was orange shag and smelled like shit.

• Options
    lofanglofang Registered User new member
    I love the music on this one, but it is so much louder than the actual dialogue. I'm looking forward to the next season though!

• Options
    ShalmdiShalmdi Registered User new member
    I have been personally reading your comic for over a decade. You guys have built a legacy, and I hope you can find worthy successors to take over when your time is done. However, I may respect you guys even more if you choose to go out on top instead of letting your product continue without you. That said, please don't "end it Seinfeld-style." That finale sucked.

• Options
    wills4545wills4545 Registered User new member
    It used to be about the dick jokes!
    You've changed man...

• Options
    oreosboyoreosboy Registered User new member
    Always the best TV. Penny Arcade TV. :D

• Options
    SkribbleSkribble Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I just marathon'd this entire show and it has been amazingly entertaining. A great look in to some very creative minds and the family behind what Penny Arcade is and has become. Mad respect for all of you guys. Hope to be seeing content from you for at least another 14 years :)

Skribble on
  • Options
    MinuteWaltMinuteWalt Mister Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm replaying a comment I made earlier, but I think it bears repetition:

The Kickstarter was funded with over double PA's goal of $250,000 back in August. At $525K all ads were supposed to be removed from the homepage.

It still says "At $525,000 All the ads on the homepage removed." 4 months after reaching that goal, ads are still there, and nothing 1st party has been published on PATV.

Pretty sure by now the $825K stretch goal (as well as all of the other stretches) was never intended to be anything but a blue-skys project at our most naive, or a publicity stunt at our most cynical; but it's starting to look like most of the promises we were given are vaporware.

We support PA, PAX, Child's Play, etc but when we've wasted our effort, our time and money, pounding out twice the KickStarter goal, 10x the "Kris and Scott’s Scott and Kris Show" goal, just to be met with vague sweet nothings of Tycho loving the tambourous sound of his own voice, and Gabe being enthusiastic about not being responsible for the deaths of small woodland animals; well, we love that about them, but we start to become impatient, too.

It feels like you don't love us anymore. Just tell us the truth: is there another fanbase you've met...? Does she love you like us? It's ok, we can still be friends...

MinuteWalt on
  • Options
    animazeroanimazero Registered User regular
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it was stated on the kickstarter that the whole no ads thing was for 2013, not immediately after it ended.

• Options
    BionicDovakinBionicDovakin Registered User regular
    @animazero: Can't remember where I read that, but yes, I'm fairly sure they were supposed to begin that after the new year.

• Options
    pictishblokepictishbloke Registered User regular
    Hey is strip search replacing PATS this season ?... if so... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    QueslyQuesly Registered User regular
    so jerry and mike played weeping angels before weeping angels were a thing. super time travelling hipsters

• Options
    RusparRuspar Registered User regular
    It's been something like 7 months since this aired. I'm starting to go through severe withdrawals here. When's it coming back?

• Options
    newbiescrubnewbiescrub Dude-Man Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    Haha Good Ol' Mead HS. I had the worst day of my life at Mead.

• Options
    dosukoi7dosukoi7 Registered User new member
    @Ruspar not until after Strip search is done

• Options
    TurtlyLookerTurtlyLooker Registered User regular
    I don't know why people keep repeating it, but they didn't hit the "no ads on the entire site" mark, as far as I remember upon checking the Kickstarter page, so people complaining about the ads are doing so incorrectly. As to the podcasts, those were hundreds of thousands off, which was disappointing.
    I wish these episodes would come back, because it was really cool to see what the writing process was like, and how the whole operation worked. Maybe they will sometime, but the idea that there wasn't even a PAX video posted for either main US event in the last 12 months since the last episode is disconcerting.

• Options
    FTClownFTClown Registered User regular
    14 years? MAN I been working on my game for 15 years. Wish I had their success, but will not give up... no where near it. These guys motivate me to keep working even if it takes another 15 years for my game to be recognized and become a success. Thank you guys for keeping dreams alive.

• Options
    GameplayerGameplayer Soldier Registered User regular
    Isn't it about time for Season 4? This is driving me nuts! LOL

• Options
    Scorch62Scorch62 Registered User regular
    Finally finished my marathon/series-binging or whatever it's called now! Can't wait for season 4!