As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox One] Come On, Jump in! Over One Million Served! Gamertag List in OP

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The dead rising 5gb download the Killer Instinct finished over the night, pretty stoked to get home from work today.

Wasn't there supposed to be a free gamer tag change offered for xbone buyers? I really need to change mine.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    The dead rising 5gb download the Killer Instinct finished over the night, pretty stoked to get home from work today.

Wasn't there supposed to be a free gamer tag change offered for xbone buyers? I really need to change mine.

if you go to your own profile on the Xbone there's a 'set gamertag' option, not sure if its free though.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    The 360 controller is a god tier controller, though I wouldn't get any controller tattooed on me. =P

Agreed on both counts--though if I ever go home and become a mobster, I know what design to get. Seems as logical as an SNES control.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    man I would reset my account but people like...know me as this handle. I can't be one one of those dudes who just changes his name all willy nilly.
    it is cool they finally offer a free name change though.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    They offer a free name change now? Where?

• Options
    apparently on the xbox one dash under profile, you can choose the option 'set gamertag' and it lets you change it once for free.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I did a search for xbox one deals and I guess a bunch of games are only $40 at best buy?
    Xbox One

Forza Motorsport 5 ($40) | Amazon
    Ryse ($40) | Amazon
    Dead Rising 3 ($40) | Best Buy

It was from kotaku or whatever. That's almost like a b2g1 free deal, I've been waiting for some sort of deal to jump on the xbox one train with tax money. Was hoping for a titanfall bundle or something but it doesn't seem that's coming. I may still wait till mid February.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    How come the store is such a pain to navigate?

The 360 store is about one hundred times more sensible, if it weren't for the fact that we have almost nothing to buy....

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to when my wife gets time to play Peggle 2. From everything I have seen, it's her kind of game.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Why the heck is the dead rising 3 update 13 gigs? Does it include the DLC or something? Is there a list of fixes or what its patching?

Prohass on
  • Options
    it makes the co-op compatible between people with and without the DLC. so it's probably all the DLC, you just can't access it...

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    The patch also adds impulse trigger support and a locked 30fps. Awesome.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Why the heck is the dead rising 3 update 13 gigs? Does it include the DLC or something? Is there a list of fixes or what its patching?

It's the old dumb system of patching where for an .ini file or the like to be patched, the entire thing has to be changed. You're downloading 13gb, but it's only about a gig worth of actual overhead change.

• Options
    @tommatt

I just checked best buys website and amazon's, they're both showing regular prices.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    @tommatt

I just checked best buys website and amazon's, they're both showing regular prices.

Ya I noticed that as well, was wondering if it was in store only, or if those sales are bogus. I've never gone to kotaku (or whatever it is) but I know they're regarded as unreliable. Probably for the best, I should not buy one just yet. Waiting till mid February is best for the wallet. Toys r Us normally does a b2g1 in February or march I believe.

• Options
    Yeah, I don't do racing games but I would have jumped for 40 just because it looks so good.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

It's the old dumb system of patching where for an .ini file or the like to be patched, the entire thing has to be changed. You're downloading 13gb, but it's only about a gig worth of actual overhead change.

And it didn't fix the fucking Beer Hat problem.

Sigh, I'm just going to reset my save at this point.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

you sure about that, because delta updates have been around since the oXbox, so this seems terribly unlikely.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    syndalis wrote: »

you sure about that, because delta updates have been around since the oXbox, so this seems terribly unlikely.

I'm 100% sure. Yes, they have been around...however, it wasn't used for this game. It's pretty easy to verify, size of DR3 prior to patch was around 23gb, it is now 24 and some change after 13gb patch. It was lazy developing. It overwrote files, not added a lot.

Crayon on
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    I have no problems with this patch at all. It makes me want to play the game. Should they have released a finished game originally? Sure! But there's the reality of publisher pressure to meet a launch line up. In 2 years they'll be releasing console games as 'early access.' At least then it'll be more honest. Do more research and vote with your wallet.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    *edit* Wrong thread

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey Xbone thread

So, it's 100% confirmed that you're not supposed to put an Xbox One vertical, right? Will it severely fuck up stuff if you do?

I am toying with the idea of getting one with my tax refund but space has suddenly become a serious issue with a TV that already has a PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii U and 360 hanging around in front of it

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't know about 100% but it literally says "do not place on side" on the box and console, so I'm pretty sure its a no. I'm pretty sure discs won't work or will be eaten if you do. It's also a big old girl so if space is an issue you might wanna get its measurements first and Tetris it

Does the xbone download stuff when you've turned it off? Because battlefield supposedly had an update but I never saw it and I can play fine

Prohass on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hey Xbone thread

So, it's 100% confirmed that you're not supposed to put an Xbox One vertical, right? Will it severely fuck up stuff if you do?

I am toying with the idea of getting one with my tax refund but space has suddenly become a serious issue with a TV that already has a PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii U and 360 hanging around in front of it

Do not do it.

100% do not do it.

Abso-freaking-lutely do not do it.

--

Xbox One has settings that allow you to download stuff while it's in instant-on mode. Xbox 360 can do the same.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So, my will was broken, nay, shattered by those Titanfall alpha videos. I'm picking up an Xbone today.

Any tips or other things I should know for the initial purchase and setup?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I really like my One. I was expecting to have buyers remorse pretty quickly, but I spent all weekend playing and I can't wait to get off work and go play some more.

It's down to the games (I got Forza and ACIV), which have been fantastic. The controller is also great. Better than the 360.

The UI is poop and the Kinect still sucks and I don't use my TV service, so whatever "snapping" is, it's right out. Once they update the dashboard half a dozen times, I'm sure it'll be good and/or filled with ads.

• Options
    I souped with my girlfriend who's back at college last night on my xbone. On my couch. It was the first time I actually enjoyed video chat in my life.

That alone is worth 500 to us.

Also, I bought the combo breaker pack for Ki, will it not give me a discount on the ultra if I want to upgrade?

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Question for Xbox One thread RE: Dead Rising 3

How much time can i dedicate to side stuff if I don't want to run out of time? I started the game up last night and was running around the first area getting blueprints and all that stuff goofing around, but then I remembered that you can run out of time and so I hopped in my blade car or whatever and headed to the next place. However, then I apparently finished chapter 1 in like 1.2 seconds because all I did was drive the car to the objective and then fight a bunch of bikers and a biker boss guy.

I guess I just don't know how short each chapter is if all you do is the objectives so i'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to side crap. I have to balance finding blueprints for funny weapons with progression because I most likely will not play this game more than once. It's hard to say though because it is quite fun.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Forza is really good, you guys.

I was never a sim racer by any stretch, but this game might be converting me.

Racing games were always frustrating to me, since any mistake, no matter how little could cost you the race. Here, though, you can rewind single player races and hit that turn over and over until you get it right. Furthermore, you don't even have to make it to first to get gold for the race, third place will do. It really makes things more rewarding.

Add in the drivatar and assists system and they've basically taken everything that was frustrating about playing racing simulators and thrown it out the sunroof.

I only bought it cause it looked pretty. Who knew a racing sim could be fun, too?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Question for Xbox One thread RE: Dead Rising 3

How much time can i dedicate to side stuff if I don't want to run out of time? I started the game up last night and was running around the first area getting blueprints and all that stuff goofing around, but then I remembered that you can run out of time and so I hopped in my blade car or whatever and headed to the next place. However, then I apparently finished chapter 1 in like 1.2 seconds because all I did was drive the car to the objective and then fight a bunch of bikers and a biker boss guy.

I guess I just don't know how short each chapter is if all you do is the objectives so i'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to side crap. I have to balance finding blueprints for funny weapons with progression because I most likely will not play this game more than once. It's hard to say though because it is quite fun.

I finished the game (plus smartglass content) with less than 48 hours remaining? Including a chapter reset. I know I slowed down a lot toward the end because I had more time than needed. But you don't have to worry about time in the normal mode at all.

On that note: the timer actually stops at a certain point in Overtime mode, should you need more zombie kills.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    I souped with my girlfriend who's back at college last night on my xbone. On my couch. It was the first time I actually enjoyed video chat in my life.

Also, I bought the combo breaker pack for Ki, will it not give me a discount on the ultra if I want to upgrade?

Nope

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    Voth wrote: »

Nope

That's...the dumbest thing ever then. Thanks Microsoft!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I know for sure that I'm going to get AC4 for my Xbone, but I'm going to need more that isn't Peggle 2. How is Dead Rising 3 compared to the rest of the series?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    Voth wrote: »

Nope

That's...the dumbest thing ever then. Thanks Microsoft!

They may offer it later if people complain but right now there is not an upgrade offer. I did the same thing and ended up paying for both versions.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I know for sure that I'm going to get AC4 for my Xbone, but I'm going to need more that isn't Peggle 2. How is Dead Rising 3 compared to the rest of the series?
    Dead rising is fantastic. More forgiving than 1 or 2, just as zany.

The only thing I would caution is that the dark humor they use on some of the psychos? It's pretty immature and gross at times, and playing this title in mixed company may not be the best move.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

It's...Okay? I will say that I'm biased in the sense that I never particularly enjoyed the old ones or sandboxes. Having said that, I'm enjoying this one.

If that sale turns out to be true, it's definitely worth 40.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    FYI The actual contents of the patch contains the following:
    • Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
    • Various stability fixes.
    • Various performance improvements.
    • Online stability improvements.
    • Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
    • Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
    • Fix for missing English VUI command in multiplayer menu.
    • Some improvements to item pickups.
    • Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
    • Fixed an issue where music wasn't present during the streaming install.
    • Fixed some mission scripting issues.
    • Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
    • Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
    • Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
    • Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
    • Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
    • SmartGlass stability fix.

Where the first bullet is likely the source of most of its size. That said, they probably require it as a download for the co-op... it's likely that we got the non-disc portions of episodes 1 and 2 of their DLC from the previous patches, which were also pretty large iirc.

(Source)

edit: as to why it's coming now, idk. It could be it was scheduled before but the delay of the first DLC makes its timing off?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I actually dont mind the download I was just worried about an extra 13 gig on my HD, but since its actually only an extra gig and 12 gigs of it just overwrites existing data, it doesnt really bother me. I can understand it bugging people with download limits though.

Prohass on
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I somehow had no idea you're not supposed to stand the Xbone up vertically till reading this page. Been playing it since Christmas like that with no problems, but I layed it down and stood my PS3 up just to be safe.

Bubby on
  • Options
    I actually dont mind the download I was just worried about an extra 13 gig on my HD, but since its actually only an extra gig and 12 gigs of it just overwrites existing data, it doesnt really bother me. I can understand it bugging people with download limits though.

Yeah. They probably opened up some interiors and such. From what I remember nearly every spot on the map that looked like a "a thing is going to happen here" kinda area was used, right down to the subway station.

This discussion has been closed.