As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox One] Come On, Jump in! Over One Million Served! Gamertag List in OP

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    I souped with my girlfriend who's back at college last night on my xbone. On my couch. It was the first time I actually enjoyed video chat in my life.

That alone is worth 500 to us.

Also, I bought the combo breaker pack for Ki, will it not give me a discount on the ultra if I want to upgrade?

Over shar with your kinky Skype and Kinect shenanigans.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... I haven't played my Xbox One since I cleared Lego Marvel to the point of needing another controller... but apparently with "Instant On" enabled it's been patching stuff because I didn't have to download a single thing after booting DR 3 up. Cool for DR 3... but not too keen on it for say... Ryse, which I won't be playing again for a while, if ever. Hopefully they'll allow you to flag a game for auto updates at some point.

I like the DLC so far.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So... I haven't played my Xbox One since I cleared Lego Marvel to the point of needing another controller... but apparently with "Instant On" enabled it's been patching stuff because I didn't have to download a single thing after booting DR 3 up. Cool for DR 3... but not too keen on it for say... Ryse, which I won't be playing again for a while, if ever. Hopefully they'll allow you to flag a game for auto updates at some point.

I like the DLC so far.

You can just delete Ryse... And many months or years down the road download again if you want...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    it'd be nice to have storage management again. I wanted to delete a few demos I don't need but have no way to do so...

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    it'd be nice to have storage management again. I wanted to delete a few demos I don't need but have no way to do so...
    move cursor over icon, hit the "start" button, uninstall?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    weird, i tried that on the titanfall alpha and nothing

although it still would be better to have 360-style storage manager.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Yep. The UI is poop.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    syndalis wrote: »

I like the DLC so far.

You can just delete Ryse... And many months or years down the road download again if you want...

Yeah, I can do that. But I'd prefer to be able to simply disable auto-updates on some games and not on others, similar to what I do now (in the sense that thee are installed games on my xbox 360 HD that I know have TUs available, but that I haven't downloaded). Some games I keep installed for years as I go back to complete or play them again and while I don't mind having the harddrive space reserved, I do mind large unscheduled downloads. Deleting the game would mean eating the initial install, plus patch time before play... which I'm not that keen on either.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Yep. The UI is poop.

Beautiful poop though.

Gilded poop.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Anyone played the dead rising dlc? 13 bucks Australian is a bit steep for me, and I'm unsure about the 40 buck season pass, it's saving 12 bucks but its a big hit. I hope the dlc comes out quite frequently

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Wow, I somehow had no idea you're not supposed to stand the Xbone up vertically till reading this page. Been playing it since Christmas like that with no problems, but I layed it down and stood my PS3 up just to be safe.

It's one of those things where it might never actually have a problem but nobody will feel sorry for you or be surprised if something bad happens. I'm not sure if your warranty will be affected but just don't do it.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    So what's up with netflix buffering and image quality on xbox one?

Is there a known issue or something with it?

Using the same cat5 cable I can plug it into my laptop or PS4 and netflix buffers super fast while having HD quality right away. With the Xbone it takes a good minute to buffer and then is really crappy quality.
    Its just odd and a bit annoying since the xbone should technically be the best choice for TV/movies.

This isn't a jab over xbone and ps4 either, I have both and they are both awesome. I just am curious as to WTF is up with netflix specifically on xbone. It seems other things stream fine on it... its just netflix.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    @Badwrong I think that might be local to you. I've recently started tooling with Netflix on the Xbox One, it buffers super fast to me, and immediately goes to HD. Conveniently, I can confirm this because of the tiny subtitle size.

I don't have a PS4 to compare it with, but it's easily as fast as my Surface Pro or my PC, even when scrolling back and forth in a video (the Xbox One updates the scrolling screencap more often in my case).

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    @Badwrong I think that might be local to you. I've recently started tooling with Netflix on the Xbox One, it buffers super fast to me, and immediately goes to HD. Conveniently, I can confirm this because of the tiny subtitle size.

I don't have a PS4 to compare it with, but it's easily as fast as my Surface Pro or my PC, even when scrolling back and forth in a video (the Xbox One updates the scrolling screencap more often in my case).

Its not local, unless its the xbone itself. Same cat5, same switch, no packet loss or anything weird.

I put the cat5 into my PS4 or Laptop, even clear the MAC table so nothing is getting confused (although that shouldnt matter). Its night and day with the xbone and any other device. Even wireless onto my surface is great. Its also specifically netflix on the xbone... hulu or amazon is fine. Which is why I can say its not local, but something weird with xbone and netflix.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Netflix on the xbone is abysmal for me. Buffering, image quality, juttering, even the UI is bad. I just use my PS3.

Bubby on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    weird, netflix works great for me, and that's even over wireless. even youtube comes through in HD better than the 360 app did.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Prohass wrote: »
    Anyone played the dead rising dlc? 13 bucks Australian is a bit steep for me, and I'm unsure about the 40 buck season pass, it's saving 12 bucks but its a big hit. I hope the dlc comes out quite frequently

I've been playing it, I like it so far. Think of them as prequels/side stories to the main game.

Kane can combo weapons and uses Nick's stats.

The new weapons I've seen are:

Combat Knives (dual wielded)
    Autoshotgun (Think tighter spread version of the pipe shotgun)
    Minigun (minigun)
    Frost grenade launcher (AoE freezes... pretty big radius too)
    Tactical Axe (Shield + Axe)

Haven't run into the blueprint or anything yet though.

edit: also you get at least one survivor, and I haven't found a board or w/e to ditch him.

blueprint:
    Shotgun chainsaw

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Maybe its something through the ISP that is causing problems with video content on the One?

• Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    I had the same issue with mine . The netflix baked into my Panasonic Plasma runs much smoother than the Xbox one. It also has the advantage of working with my remote instead of having a shitty UI that wants you to use kinnect.

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    Well after googling and responses here, it does sound like a common issue just with netflix. Surely something that can be fixed though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    What's weird is that I have that problem, only reverse. My ps4 takes 5 minutes to even switch to hd after I've started playing and takes forever to load it, while my one is pure silk. I have a 15mbps connection so shouldn't be having a problem.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Xbox One Netflix performance works better or worse depending on how HD(read: sexy) Microsoft technicians monitoring your living room consider your face. Pretty much you got a dumb face @Badwrong.

j/k

My Xbox One Netflix performance is very
    average.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Its not local, unless its the xbone itself. Same cat5, same switch, no packet loss or anything weird.

I put the cat5 into my PS4 or Laptop, even clear the MAC table so nothing is getting confused (although that shouldnt matter). Its night and day with the xbone and any other device. Even wireless onto my surface is great. Its also specifically netflix on the xbone... hulu or amazon is fine. Which is why I can say its not local, but something weird with xbone and netflix.

By local I mean something used on the ports used by the Xbox One's Netflix client.

Note: That may not have anything to do with it. Hence, "I think that..."

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I will be the umpteenth person to chime in on the XBone's Netflix.

For me, the video quality is garbage. I immediately switch over to my PS4, watch the same exact show and it's perfect.

....But if I rent a movie on the PSN the video quality is garbage, but then later I rent a movie through the XBox store and it's perfect.

So, to summarize: I have no goddamn clue.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Phantom Dust reboot?

Don't tease, Mr. Phil Spencer, I will cut you.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

For me, the video quality is garbage. I immediately switch over to my PS4, watch the same exact show and it's perfect.

....But if I rent a movie on the PSN the video quality is garbage, but then later I rent a movie through the XBox store and it's perfect.

The shadowy elephant in the room is likely your ISPs.

• Options
    So, I have too much money, help me spend it! What is a more FUN racing game, forza or nfs? Also, how is Lego Marvel on the one? Not sure if there's a difference between the one and PS4 version.

• Options
    So, I have too much money, help me spend it! What is a more FUN racing game, forza or nfs? Also, how is Lego Marvel on the one? Not sure if there's a difference between the one and PS4 version.

Don't know if there's a difference but it was fairly enjoyable. That said you'll need a second controller to 100% its achievements. :\

• Options
    edited January 2014

Don't know if there's a difference but it was fairly enjoyable. That said you'll need a second controller to 100% its achievements. :\

Oh, I don't do the achievement thing so that's fine. As long as its fun that's all I need.

Crayon on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Phantom Dust reboot?

I had forgotten about Phantom Dust completely. Which makes me sad because that was an awesome game.

• Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    So powerstar golf is so incredibly frustrating to me... the putting feels maddeningly inconsistent on how much power you have to use in various elevation situations....

I like the game overall, but holy hell do I suck at putting.

Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Holy crap Peggle 2 is super charming.

Still figuring out the ins and outs of the Xbone UI. Wish it was easier to navigate, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Wish more of the exclusives had demos. Dead Rising 3 sold me with its demo, but I really want to try before I buy on Forza 5 because my racing happy place is in a weird spot.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    My racing happy place is somewhere between Arcade-y and Crashy McSplody

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular

I don't actually own an Xbone yet, I just lurk this thread constantly, but pretty much every one in this thread thinks Forza is pretty awesome. Many people have chimed in that they don't like racing games, but are having a blast with it. I haven't really been into a racing game since the first 2 Gran Turismo's. I always felt I put too much time into them and burned myself out, and I've only really played burnout since then I think. But I fully intend to get Forza when I get my xbone. Why I wish that best buy sale was true. Forza and DR3 for $40 each and I'd put the xbone on credit tomorrow :)

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Does anybody know whether or not controllers are covered by the 1st year warranty thing?

Both my controllers, the one that came with the xbox and the one i bought on launch day, have a loose panel on the right grip, its really distracting, I thought I could ignore it but im worried about it getting worse.

I havent played Forza but Ive got need for speed. It has some serious foibles but I loved it, id probably hold off until a price drop if youre hesitant though.

I felt like an old codger player Need for Speed, especially with later cars youre going so damn fast its terrifying. I most definitely dont have a need for speed apparently. Also theres nothing like going 250mph and crashing, the shock is like being punched by god.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Forza also has Top Gear all over it, if that makes a difference.

• Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Phantom Dust reboot?

I had forgotten about Phantom Dust completely. Which makes me sad because that was an awesome game.

I still have my copy of Phantom Dust sitting on my shelf with no way to play it. I would LOVE to see a reboot. I have a feeling that Spencer is just talking a lot and there is little substance to any of this. It's just a feeling though, so hopefully I'm wrong.

• Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular

I have both, I much prefer Forza to NFS. A few reasons why:

1) Drivatar system makes games interesting
    2) Auto-rivals due to friends list adds instant competition to every match
    3) Wider range of cars (from consumer grade to supercars)
    4) More realistic driving

A few cons of Forza:

1) No weather effects or night racing
    2) Smallish list of cars
    3) Lots o' DLC

• Options
    Yeah, I ended up buying forza and Lego marvel. I've only played Lego marvel so far, but it's super fun and endearing.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

The shadowy elephant in the room is likely your ISPs.

Is netflix pulling from different servers based on which platform its delivering content to? That's the only way that would make sense. Otherwise it's the exact same data being served up to the boxes from the same place, so the ISP wouldn't make sense... Would it?

What is this I don't even.
This discussion has been closed.