As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Resistance: Avalon] Evil Wins. Arthur strangled. Merlin indicted for campaign fraud.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Already thinking about mission 5, eh K? Funny. If you were expecting a success here, wouldn't we be talking about a mission 4 win? Do you know something about the mission outcome already, just maybe?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Already thinking about mission 5, eh K? Funny. If you were expecting a success here, wouldn't we be talking about a mission 4 win? Do you know something about the mission outcome already, just maybe?

Uh, perhaps you can explain the fault in my scenarios that don't even rely on anything other than the number of players in the game and kaneski's use of the lady on rhan to conclude that this mission will fail?

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I demand you and Jdark hop into a real-time chat with me WITH cameras, so you can prove you're not the same fleshsack.

Kaneski on
    Psst, the proper term is "meatbag"

I'm surprised LucasArts hasn't trademarked that...

Phyphor wrote: »

Uh, perhaps you can explain the fault in my scenarios that don't even rely on anything other than the number of players in the game and kaneski's use of the lady on rhan to conclude that this mission will fail?

Hedge being evil doesn't conclude that Kaneski is good. Kaneski has been "throwing Hedgethorn under the bus" since like page 1 of this thread. This phrase refers to the (common) practice of evil players fingering each other to build credibility.

Kaneski wrote: »
    Ok, I demand you and Jdark hop into a real-time chat with me WITH cameras, so you can prove you're not the same fleshsack.

You've been saying for quite a while that you think Jdark is one of the confirmed good guys and that I am one of the bad guys.

Changing your tune?

edited January 2014
    Indeed, but that common practice is only used once one of the evil players is suspected by others; there is no reason to throw an evil player under the bus if they aren't suspected. Concealment of 2 players is still better than outing 1 for no reason and giving everyone a 'thread' to pull on - analysing past votes, etc...

Which, incidentally, and as I pointed out earlier, you cleared Hedge, I poked him for evilness, and you condemned Hedge straight after. While your condemnation makes sense as both good and bad guy, your clearing him after mission 2's 3+1 vote had no basis as a good guy.

Kaneski on
    That is irrelevant. If an evil player made a team for a must-fail mission (for record those are 2, 3 & 5) it will contain an evil player to fail it, so if hedge & kaneski are evil... that changes nothing

You've been saying for quite a while that you think Jdark is one of the confirmed good guys and that I am one of the bad guys.

Changing your tune?

When... did I ever... say Jdark is good? I pegged him as a weak suspect at first, and unpegged him, after more voting evidence came in. Never, once, said Jdark is a confirmed good guy. And if I did - quote of post thx.

edited January 2014
    I honestly just can't be arsed to dig through your hilarious walls of drivel.
    Phyphor wrote: »
    That is irrelevant. If an evil player made a team for a must-fail mission (for record those are 2, 3 & 5) it will contain an evil player to fail it, so if hedge & kaneski are evil... that changes nothing

It may not change anything, but it's important to recognize the fact that their evilness is not mutually exclusive. They can both be evil. And are.

Sokpuppet on
    edited January 2014
    Ctrl-F; "Jdark". Checked every post since I did my initial accusation of Jdark. Never said he's good, just withdrew accusation. :D

Kaneski on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I'm just dying to get to the end of this game just to see which of you two is full of shit.

edited January 2014
    Ctrl-F; "Jdark". Checked every post since I did my initial accusation of Jdark. Never said he's good, just withdrew accusation. :D

Nor did I ever "clear" Hedgethorn. I just said I liked the way he was playing. On page 2. Which I later withdrew from.

Look... would someone who Phyphor actually trusts like to chime in and tell him who our confirmed evil dudes are? If we split a vote we could be in trouble.
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I'm just dying to get to the end of this game just to see which of you two is full of shit.

Silly minion post.
    If you're good (which you are not), you already know that we're both full of shit (because we are both calling you evil). If you're evil, you already know which of us is full of shit. Even if Kaneski is Broberon you already know based on votes.

In any case you already know, so why would you even post this? Either way, it proves you're evil. And by extension implicates Kaneski even further, since you put him on the team.

Sokpuppet on

Nor did I ever "clear" Hedgethorn. I just said I liked the way he was playing. On page 2. Which I later withdrew from.

Look... would someone who Phyphor actually trusts like to chime in and tell him who our confirmed evil dudes are? If we split a vote we could be in trouble.

Ok, yeah, accepted. Sort of. No 'ok Hedgethorn' before my accusation. Your initial unjustified trust still stands. And my "Jark is confirmed good" is still totally fiction.

edited January 2014
    So just to run through this again;

Kaneski says Hedgethorn is evil.
    Hedgethorn claims to be good.
    Hedgethorn then puts a player on the mission team that has been calling him evil for the entire game.
    Hedgethorn then votes for this mission to go ahead. Kaneski also votes for the mission to go ahead, even though he claims that Hedgethorn (the person who constructed the team) is evil.

Is this clear enough?
    How could it possibly be any clearer?
    Case closed. Even if mission 3 succeeds, we have our confirmed evil dudes.

Sokpuppet on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Umm...why is everyone acting as if Kaneski is on the mission? It's Kirindal who's getting me some French bread.

Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Umm...why is everyone acting as if Kaneski is on the mission? It's Kirindal who's getting me some French bread.

Yeah Sok, why do you think I was in that mission? I'm waiting for your revisions.

edited January 2014
    Oh.

I actually just straight up got confused.

o_0

Still works out since Kirindal has been voting with you and is also confirmed as evil.

"Kaneski votes for the mission to go ahead, even though he claims that Hedgethorn (the person who constructed the team) is evil." stands all on it's own, of course.

Sokpuppet on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Not entirely what sort of signals I'm giving off Sok, why would I be confirmed evil?

Difficult to keep all the bs straight isn't it. :D

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Indeed, bs factory sent me a defective batch.

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Success!

Success!

Success!

FAILURE

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    @Jdarksun must select five knights for Quest

TWO failures doom this quest.

The lady of the lake token may now be used by @Rhan9.

Jdark Mikey Megamek Phyphor.

The 5th person doesn't matter for this mission but unless we can confirm Rhan or Davoid one way or the other - which would be ideal - you will probably have to take me on mission five.

Actually, @Rhan9 if you send the Lady my way, it will give folk some idea on whether to support or reject what I put up.

edited January 2014
    Just don't send it to me. It can't clear either of us entirely if you do.

Sokpuppet on
    edited January 2014
    Going to have to confirm Davoid as evil. Voted yes on 3.1 because he was on it - fine. Voted yes on 3.2 one to support evilbuddy.

In addition to previous long posts - no longer a doubt.

Kaneski on
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The Lady whispers me sweet nothings, and @jdarksun 's loyalties, as well.

I'll wait on my suggestions until I get the result back. Davoid seems pretty likely to be evil, based on what I've seen so far, so I didn't want to waste the LoL on him.

Rhan9 on
    Going to have to confirm Davoid as evil. Voted yes on 3.1 because he was on it - fine. Voted yes on 3.2 one to support evilbuddy.

In addition to previous long posts - no longer a doubt.
    "Confirm". Seriously?

That whisper thing was a hint to @Professor Phobos btw.

Alright, @jdarksun is a GOOD guy. That's useful info.

As for the group, I'll wait to see some suggestions before I decide on a group composition.

• DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    I voted 3.1 because I was on it, sure. I voted 3.2 because I, nor anyone else from the failing team was on it, which is what I thought the discussion was suggesting?

rqv6.png
    Good news/bad news. Rhan isn't lying, but it would have been a dead giveaway if he had. Hrm.

Rhan, me, you, Phyphor and who cares because mission 4

Actually take back the who cares - one of Mikey, Kirindal and Megamek

Brilliant! Except Rhan saying I'm Good does nothing to clear you and Rhan, and losing this one is game over.

edited January 2014
    In light of recent votes and team compositions, I'd also peg Megamek over Kirindal and Mikey as the 4th evil.

Kaneski on