As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 1/22/2014 - I'm cosmically powered, baby

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited January 2014 in Graphic Violence
Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics X-Men #3 between this series and hunger, Fiakov wrote a really good Rick Jones, hopes he makes an appearance in Ultimate FF
rd1OxNm.jpg

3Mf2u2V.jpg

Batman #27 You're making us all watch. The Whole City. You shut us out and punish us night after night, as you got out there and protect those we can't
MPfd9iZ.jpg

EcZassq.jpg

uBExj2E.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Grah beat me by like 10 seconds!

All-New X-Men #22, can't a winged bro just eat his food?

allnewxmen22a_zps4d8a9587.jpg

allnewxmen22b_zps3e9cb12b.jpg

allnewxmen22c_zps2f4b78d8.jpg

Avengers #25, AIM's first attempt at multiverse fishing bags the wrong catch:

avengers25a_zps2803643b.jpg

avengers25b_zps826d1b12.jpg

avengers25c_zpsfa4ce8d4.jpg

avengers25d_zpsfb6cd261.jpg

Black Widow #2, Natasha Final Destinations a dude, and her lawyer knows a lot about "arbitration" :

blackwidow2a_zps629cd9c3.jpg

blackwidow2b_zps204cd96a.jpg

blackwidow2c_zpse1f66cdd.jpg

blackwidow2d_zps194ba801.jpg

blackwidow2e_zps4cf30055.jpg

• Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Silver Boobs McGee had me rolling

steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Mighty Avengers #5 - Gotta love a good movie reference.
    S8oFq18.png
    yCDAW4x.png
    vv2UMCX.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ewing is just knocking it out of the park with his character work in MA

everyone is so good

CYpGAPn.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Man I love Remender

Captain America #15 - Horace was always mocked by SHIELD, called a dreamer, a hippie
    drmindbubble1_zps141ddf20.jpg
    drmindbubble2_zpsf3d9888a.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Speaking of Remender, I loved Deadly Class #1
    yIP8MW9.jpg
    CeCpgVY.jpg

Harry Potter with assassins? YES

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Mighty Avengers #5 - Gotta love a good movie reference.
    S8oFq18.png
    yCDAW4x.png
    vv2UMCX.png

Okay, I'll admit it. That is fucking cool.

Crimsondude on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Atomic Robo and the Savage Sword of Dr. Dinosaur #5 - umm, yeah so stuff happens
    Like Dr. Dinosaur's Time Bomb (literally a bomb to destroy all of time) about to go off in Hollow Earth, only to have the cavern collapse to awaken the giant immortal magma worm from the dawn of time no I'm not making this shit up

XUqdewD.jpg

And the book ends in a slightly cliffhangery way, after Robo wakes up from that:
    sR1rXto.jpg

Also Jenkins blows up! Gasp!

So volume 9 is going to be interesting!

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Mighty Avengers has been way, way better than I expected. Even Land's art hasn't been too offensive.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Iron Man #20.INH - The Mandarin's rings have a little get-together.
    ir02StS.jpg

• TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    Zero

just finished this issue. the book initially grabbed me with the right amount of action and mystery for a super-spy story. this issue, things went a lot bigger than i had ever expected.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I was just about to say the same thing, because it was a complete misdirect with the cyclic tone of the last issue and Zero's other losses in the series so far.

• TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    yeah, there was at no point where i was expecting something outside of the 'james bond' cycle (with the exception of the over-arching relationship with... i can't think of her name right now). there was an established 'there are the people i'm trying to stop' storyline. then, in this issue it's like 'wait what?', 'wait what?!', 'holy shit really?!'. it's an impressive engagement, i look forward to where kot takes this.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Sounds like I should pick up Zero.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Judge Dredd: Mega City Two #1; "Everybody is a star in Mega-City Two!"
    S5XvFPk.jpg

I forgot this book was coming out, and was stoked to see it on the shelf. I like Dredd, in a general, never-really-read-much-of-him-but-like-the-Karl-Urban-movie way, and it was cool to see him transported to this shiny, candy-colored city where the Judges aren't really feared.

Douglas Wolk spins a surprisingly entertaining yarn, and Ulises Farinas' art is as detail-packed and crazy as ever.

Zero #5; "A traitor... that, my dear son, is a matter of perspective."
    Sdv8rUW.jpg

Yeah, shit got weird in this issue. Each issue's had a little bit of sci-fi craziness in it, but this is the one that really pushed it further. I also really enjoyed how restrained it was, both in the writing and art. Much of it is silent, with Kot giving artist Will Tempest the reigns, freeing him to tell the story purely through body language and facial expressions.

Jordie Bellaire even gives the whole thing this pallid, grey-blue color scheme, that drives home the listless fugue state the protagonist is in.

Pretty Deadly #4; "What I have asked of you every day since you took me from my prison and brought me to yours. I ask you to let me go."
    mEtJGc4.jpg

I think this issue is the first one of this series that fully clicked with me. All the characters are pretty much established, and brought together, with sides being drawn. The good guys have formed their little D&D party, and the "bad guy" is monologuing in his cave, with his requisite underlings pointed at the heroes.

If you were interested in this series, but maybe gave up on it after the first or second issue, give this one a shot.

Wolverine and the X-Men #40; "In the immortal words of Wolverine.. RRrrRrrRrrRGHHH!"
    8LaQclh.jpg

So, Cyclops is going to go back to being a more traditional good guy, after Cornell turns Wolverine back into a Canadian murder machine, right?

Chew #39; "Do not tell my Dad about this, okay?"
    PDmMMzX.jpg

Chew's still great, what else do you need to know?