As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Having spoken with TheHonestHippo today for an hour, I have a much better idea on just how things are working. First, a few of the minor announcements.

The Character Pins are being released in the order that the characters were announced. That means a February release for Glacius, March for Thunder, April for Sadira, May for Orchid, June for Spinal and July for Fulgore. (I have been told that the Sadira Pin is fucking sweet. So whilst fans will have to wait, it will be worth it.)

There is a target to get Pins into the hands of a certain number of people, so there is no need to worry about anything like a "Win a Tournament" Pin. Indeed, when they picked the first challenge there was an expectation that most people would be on the same step of the learning curve, and so it wouldn't be as difficult as it was. They are trying to work out how to balance making the Pins a challenge, without making them frustrating.

They are aware that the registration process is...convoluted. A large part of that is because doing the Pin edition was added on to the game rather than built more into it. So they have to check the registrations against the database to see who is entitled to Pins rather than using the database itself. Part of it is a legal issue: without your explicit consent, they can't access your achievement data to see if you can have a Pin. It is largely a manual process, but it is improving over time. They are going to be using this as a test run and are planning with future Pin editions of games in mind.

Legal issues are also why the Pin edition was only able to ship to the US and Canada. Turns out that including Killer Instinct Classic means they can't sell it in Germany: KI Classic is still very much Verboten. Similar in Australia: until it is rated they don't allow you to ship it there. (Personal note, Yes I am checking what will happen if I ship yours in, Aussie Pals. I will not let them be confiscated by Customs.)

The later achievements are still very much in the planning and ideas stage, trying to make sure that they have something cool, something doable and something that can be handled in the timeframe. There will be an in-person Achievement at PAX East, but non-attendees will be taken care of as well. E3 will also have something, but it is still in the planning phase.

I have a few other things, but I am aware that I could be stepping into thpoilerth territory.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Very informative. Thanks for taking initiative to get answers for us.

In regards to shipping to Aus, I think it should be fine, though better to check anyway. I've purchased games from US and Europe that were refused classification here making them illegal to sell within Australia. The problem is only with selling here, while importing should be fine. Stupid loophole but its worked in my favor countless times. And the code you gave me from my pack allowed me to download and play KI classic without any trouble.

oh, and did he mention when Sabrewulf and combo breaker pins will go up?

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I'm not going to name names, but I am pretty sure a certain Pin Ultimate Edition got to Aus. Ha.

Thanks for that info too.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Im really glad i was able to get in on PAX East tickets. Im sure it can be frustrating for those that didnt though. Now, wheres our next challenge, hopefully i can land this one

f7v9h.jpg
  • TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I'm not going to name names, but I am pretty sure a certain Pin Ultimate Edition got to Aus. Ha.

Thanks for that info too.

If you were to build a barge of Pin Ultimate Editions and sail there, let's just say that I wouldn't be opposed to it *wink* *wink*

Twitter: @HonestHippo
    Fun fact, Pin Ultimate Editions float.

And finally, there's a little cameo of the new pins on my Twitter.

• NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    The pins look nice as do the shirts!!! Now my question is, when are we receiving an email that our registration is a GO or NO GO?? I was among the few who had to re register for some odd reason, all the info I entered is correct so I don't know what the deal is, first challenge is complete tho ....... now the question is will I pay for shipping or for the whole pin cuz of this mess???

Must be getting REALLY close now! Shirts are already up, i'm betting on the pins being up on Friday or Monday

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Yuuup. I want that combo breaker shirt so bad, but I feel like my friends will hit me and yell that. THE ABUSE. Haha.

Are the shirts limited time only or will they be up for awhile/duration of the Pin Ultimate?

bYf6vNQ.png
    The COMBO BREAKER shirt is sold out already?? geez ya gotta be kidding me?? I wanted to wait till I ordered my character pin ..... fuck that I guess

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    The COMBO BREAKER shirt is sold out already?? geez ya gotta be kidding me?? I wanted to wait till I ordered my character pin ..... fuck that I guess

Looks like Small and 4X are showing up as Sold Out, but the other sizes appear to be available at this moment.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    I feel like those sizes just weren't stocked. I got scared earlier today too. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    edited January 2014

and then

so 600 people completed the challenge this month, interesting bit of info

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    We can take pride in being a part of such a small number!

55ymlH2.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Is that 600 people who registered and completed it, or completed it at all?

good question, id imagine 600 registered with the pin ultimate

8fuuo_RK.png
    It says right there completed it.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Well I wonder how many Pin editions were registered? Only 600 completed the challenge ... Nice. At least im in that 600. Now im just waiting to get confirmation of a successful registration....

But it says promo codes going to 600, if its 600 TOTAL then there'd be less promo codes, correct?

8fuuo_RK.png
    Anyone got their second email yet? Still waiting, was hoping to get them along with valentines pin tomorrow to not have to pay shipping twice...

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I honestly don't expect the Valentines pin to sell out right away, but that's just me...

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    @TheHonestHippo Having received no communications so far, should I try registering again, or contacting MS support, or uh some other avenue of action I haven't thought of

Any input is appreciated :<

edit: for the record, I can confirm that my XB1 shows correctly that I have the Pin Edition, and I've tried registering through the console browser twice already

Possibly I'm being antsy for no reason and if that's the case I apologize

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    So I take it no one has received an email yet??

• DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Oprah_Pins.gif

Because @TheHonestHippo needed a gif of it.

• twistedsymphonytwistedsymphony NHRegistered User regular

I've received a confirmation email stating that my registration was accepted (I got that on the 14th)

I completed the challenge on December 30th but I haven't received an email confirming it's completion.

For anyone that is interested "True Achievements" is tracking that 1118 of it's members completed the "On A Roll" challenge, so I would hope that the 600 number mentioned earlier are only people who have registered Pin Ultimate Editions AND completed the challenge... otherwise they have a problem on their hands

http://www.trueachievements.com/a181808/on-a-roll-challenge.htm

I am looking into it. It's taking longer than it should.

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Im not surprised that it was so few, that was a hard achievement that a lot of us couldnt get.

f7v9h.jpg
  • AoSekaiWolfAoSekaiWolf Registered User new member
    Still haven't received my registration email -.-

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Gottit!
    Hello,

Your registration into the Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition was successful.

If you already completed January's challenge, we will send out the promo codes for pins and instructions for redemption by the end of the month!

More information on http://killerinstinctpins.com

Thanks!

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Got the successful confirmation email as well. Huzzah!

Still waiting :(

• DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Hmmmm, nothing in either of my emails yet.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Sorry I don't want to go through all these pages, one question :)

Does any normal collector have any pins that aren't the original two that came with the pre-order?

Also if some one in the future wants to just send me a PM when new KI pins exist, that would be super swell and appreciated :P

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    Sorry I don't want to go through all these pages, one question :)

Does any normal collector have any pins that aren't the original two that came with the pre-order?

Also if some one in the future wants to just send me a PM when new KI pins exist, that would be super swell and appreciated :P

No pins besides the original 2 are available to the public yet, though Sabrewolf and the COMBO BREAKER pin will be available this week supposedly.

• PremisesX7PremisesX7 Registered User new member
    I check every time I hear my phone receive an email and still nothing. Hopefully I will receive something soon - I would like to know that my registration went through successfully. I am glad that people are starting to receive them so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Apparently we are having some registration email issues. The good news is that no one is falling through the cracks, our database and registration systems have been rock solid, but emails are not going through for some people.

I might re-send them all tomorrow... so I apologize in advance if I am spamming you.

Promo codes for the January pins will go out tomorrow as well.
    Tomorrow as in whenever I wake up and it's daylight. So... Wednesday, I guess.

Promo codes for the January pins will go out tomorrow as well.
    Tomorrow as in whenever I wake up and it's daylight. So... Wednesday, I guess.

Work whenever you feel like waking up? Your job sounds awesome!

8fuuo_RK.png