As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSO2] Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is essentially PSO3!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Some things to note,

Stats!

S-ATK is your melee stat. All melee weapons use this including Gunblades.
    R-ATK is your ranged stat. Guns and bows (and any other ranged weapon type I am forgetting) use this.
    T-ATK is your 'magic' stat (for lack of a better word). Rods, wands, Talises use this.
    DEX I'm not too sure on. It seems to related to your overall damage though. AFAIK in order to do full damage to an enemy your DEX needs to be higher than their's.
    S-DEF is the stat to protect you from melee attacks.
    R-DEF is the stat to protect you from ranged attacks.
    T-DEF is the stat to protect you from melee tech attacks (magic).

Weapons!

There are a lot of different weapon types in this game. Each class can use several different weapons. Much like Monster Hunter, the different weapons can change (sometimes drastically) the way you play your class.

Also remember that you can have multiple weapons equipped and that each weapon can have different abilities tied to it. For instance, I have one weapon for healing/buffing and another for KILLING EVERYTHING EVAR!

AC and Premium!

Some functions in this game are locked behind Premium. Luckily none of the content it. However without Premium you cannot trade or open a Shop to sell items (among a few other things).

If a menu option has a red triangle next to it then you either need AC or Premium for it.

If you so desire you can in fact get AC. As described here. It is quite a process. I may do this later on though.

Apart from trading, selling, and extra inventory space most of the stuff in te AC store is cosmetic. Hairstyles, costumes, makeup, weapon camos, and the like.

From what I can tell, you can receive pretty much all the cosmetic stuff via FUN Scratch Offs. It is pretty easy to to get FUN points.

edit-

I mentioned last night that there was a lot of Fate/Night stuff in this game. :P
    J9xy3Tm.png

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Having an issue with my Sega ID. I'll have to figure it out or I might just have to make a new account.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Does this still have the pet robot things from the first one?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Entaru wrote: »
    Having an issue with my Sega ID. I'll have to figure it out or I might just have to make a new account.

Did you try spelling out your name in all lowercase at the login screen? That is what I had to do.

When I created the account the first letter of the username was capitalized, but at the SEGA ID Login screen I have to spell it all lowercase or it won't work.

Edit-
    rockrnger wrote: »
    Does this still have the pet robot things from the first one?

Yes. They are adorable.

Axen on
  • Options
    I fixed it. It was the lowercase thing and then I just thought I forgot my password form a year and a half ago or whatever.

Yep. just needed to be lowercase.

• Options
    A friendly tip for new people just starting.

Play each class to about level 5 before you begin taking Client Orders. Client Orders are not repeatable and can sometimes give loads of XP. So "wasting" that on a class you find out is not your favorite can be a minor pain.

And by loads of XP I mean I gained 6 levels at once one time. :P

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    A friendly tip for new people just starting.

Play each class to about level 5 before you begin taking Client Orders. Client Orders are not repeatable and can sometimes give loads of XP. So "wasting" that on a class you find out is not your favorite can be a minor pain.

And by loads of XP I mean I gained 6 levels at once one time. :P

There are lots of repeatable orders, so... yeah. The big XP rewards though are Koffee's unlock quests.

DEX increases your minimum damage. So if you'd do 80-100, enough DEX makes that 100-100. Of course, anything PAST that is wasted. It increases all DPS, up to a limit.

The FUN scratches contain most of the unlockable accessories, but clothes are mainly in the AC ones iirc. They are tradeable, so players do sell them. The other cosmetic things are units, which are everywhere.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Only NPCs I've found with repeatable orders are just the Daily NPC, Hans, and Revelle, and technically Team Orders. Everyone else is one time only.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Axen wrote: »
    Only NPCs I've found with repeatable orders are just the Daily NPC, Hans, and Revelle, and technically Team Orders. Everyone else is one time only.

There's some other people. There's a guy in the shop area who gives requests to encounter specific weathers. Another involves rappies, both of theirs are repeatable as well.

Subclassing adds stats from the subbed class as well - which means leveling a second class is easier since you can fight higher level stuff sooner (Like roflstomping through the caves at level 5)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    For a second there I thought this had stealthily (finally) released in NA.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Unfortunately it's looking more and more like that's never going to happen. Which is a damn shame. Also I can't transfer my character from ship 10 without paying 700 arks cash, so I guess I'm going to be starting from scratch on Ur.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Hey guys, don't make the same mistake I did! I bought a bunch of weapons while trying out different classes before discovering that there are quests in the main lobby that give you weapons for free. It probably doesn't matter in the long run but it was still pretty annoying!

• Options
    Deans wrote: »
    Hey guys, don't make the same mistake I did! I bought a bunch of weapons while trying out different classes before discovering that there are quests in the main lobby that give you weapons for free. It probably doesn't matter in the long run but it was still pretty annoying!

Eh, it's only vendor trash weapons, but yes.

Oh, something you should know - taking NPCs along as partners builds affection, which leads to presents - this can get you some really nice discs early on as a force (Echo gives Anti, and the other force - the purple one - gives grants and gigrants). It takes a lot of runs, but if you're soloing it's easy enough. Just pick talk every few runs. I don't recall what others give offhand, and haven't found it anywhere either (I'm assuming Grants and Gigrants are no longer only available this way, but it's certainly faster to get them like this).

Since human partners only give FUN the first use each day...

• Options
    I played for a couple hours yesterday and had fun while destroying things with my Bow.

Bravers are pretty cool.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    So close to unlocking sub-classes, but never quite made it today. :(

Also almost had Hard Mode unlocked early. I was on the desert world doing a random mining mission when Ghwanadra(sp?) randomly attacked me. Unfortunately so did two Gilneas Cores and a bunch of Darkers. The fight went on and on, but sadly I accidentally moved in to the mission start area and ran out of time. I was forcefully recalled for failing the mission and I was. . . not happy. :P

5EHZA94.png

Axen on
  • Options
    I see you've tried Braver.

From what I gather, either stance is a solid choice. Average Stance at 10 is +10% to all damage. The boost makes that +20%. Weak stance at 10 is 130% normal damage when hitting a weakness (elemental or hitbox), and the boost brings it up to 140% - but you deal 90% damage otherwise. I've been using Weak Stance - turning it on all the time when running Fo/Br (since nuking elemental weaknesses triggers it... so where I hit doesn't matter), and just for bosses when Br/Fo (lock on to weak point, unleash hell).

The rapid fire skill for bows can boost their output on normal attacks a bit, and I want to say it also results in getting PP back faster. I wouldn't use it if you aren't going to invest in its buffs though a bit.

Katana Combat is awesome. First press triggers a 20 second buff, during which you do more damage, and attacking causes you to instantly close to your current target. Pressing a second time during the buff performs a finisher on all nearby enemies for massive damage. And I mean MASSIVE - I've smashed stuff for 7k with it... normal enemies more or less just get executed on the spot. The buffs it gets are also nice - it's possible to actually be invincible for the entire duration, which I find hilarious considering how much damage you can do with it.

So far, my opinion on a couple PAs for the weapons:
    Gravity Point is a wonderful bow skill for groups - draws them together and damages them. It's fun to combine it with the arrow rain PA.
    Master Shoot is a starting PA for braver, I assume it's the one in the shop too. Five arrow spread... but they're homing arrows, so if you lock on to a weak point... BAM.
    Katana has a PA that requires holding it briefly, as a circle shrinks around you. Releasing when it turns red causes you to deal more hits and knock everything struck down, which lets you quickly mangle enemies - basically a perfect PA for trash.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I see you've tried Braver.

From what I gather, either stance is a solid choice. Average Stance at 10 is +10% to all damage. The boost makes that +20%. Weak stance at 10 is 130% normal damage when hitting a weakness (elemental or hitbox), and the boost brings it up to 140% - but you deal 90% damage otherwise. I've been using Weak Stance - turning it on all the time when running Fo/Br (since nuking elemental weaknesses triggers it... so where I hit doesn't matter), and just for bosses when Br/Fo (lock on to weak point, unleash hell).

The rapid fire skill for bows can boost their output on normal attacks a bit, and I want to say it also results in getting PP back faster. I wouldn't use it if you aren't going to invest in its buffs though a bit.

Katana Combat is awesome. First press triggers a 20 second buff, during which you do more damage, and attacking causes you to instantly close to your current target. Pressing a second time during the buff performs a finisher on all nearby enemies for massive damage. And I mean MASSIVE - I've smashed stuff for 7k with it... normal enemies more or less just get executed on the spot. The buffs it gets are also nice - it's possible to actually be invincible for the entire duration, which I find hilarious considering how much damage you can do with it.

So far, my opinion on a couple PAs for the weapons:
    Gravity Point is a wonderful bow skill for groups - draws them together and damages them. It's fun to combine it with the arrow rain PA.
    Master Shoot is a starting PA for braver, I assume it's the one in the shop too. Five arrow spread... but they're homing arrows, so if you lock on to a weak point... BAM.
    Katana has a PA that requires holding it briefly, as a circle shrinks around you. Releasing when it turns red causes you to deal more hits and knock everything struck down, which lets you quickly mangle enemies - basically a perfect PA for trash.

Have you gotten Kamikaze Arrow on Bow yet? It's pretty much amazing. Hitting Vol Dragon for 1300 at lvl 20 with fully charged lvl 4 Kamikaze Arrow. Smashed his horn in one hit!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    No, I haven't...

But I can hit that hard with a JA'd charged master shoot... though I suspect my bow is better than yours. (Protip for anyone using Braver: Doing enough of that arks road thing, and you eventually get a nice 7* bow... that can be used by all classes! Perfect for when subbing braver)

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    No, I haven't...

But I can hit that hard with a JA'd charged master shoot... though I suspect my bow is better than yours. (Protip for anyone using Braver: Doing enough of that arks road thing, and you eventually get a nice 7* bow... that can be used by all classes! Perfect for when subbing braver)

I've got that bow, but my Kamikaze arrow definitely hits harder than my Master shoot atm, I think they re both lvl 4

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    So... I finished out the team room.

And... the next upgrade is team storage. I'm wondering if this circumvents the trading thing, but it's 10k points.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    There's a "Limited Quest" happening right now as part of an event that is basically just an open roam multi-party map and it's stuffed with bosses. It's like an Emergency Quest that never expires. Highly recommend joining a party and cruising around getting tons of exp and boss drops.

I'm not sure if there are any conditions to be able to take the mission, you might need to talk to the seasonal NPC in the shop area and accept her client order. (She's the one in the middle of the shop circle ground floor)

• Options
    So... I finished out the team room.

And... the next upgrade is team storage. I'm wondering if this circumvents the trading thing, but it's 10k points.

Oh that would be nice. I was actually hoping the team room would have something like that.

Currently Hearthstone has been sucking up my time, but soon I'll be back.

• Options
    Trying my best to register for this but cant get past the captcha

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    OEMCaptchaImage.php?ses_rec_id=pzwaaiM2SGxyJ6ANUb

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah i've tried for like 40 minutes and can't figure out what i am doing wrong in signing up. Oh well. Tried like 5 different captcha's and different passwords and everything, it just keeps throwing up an error.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Odds are it's the captcha. It's just hard. I mean, jesus christ some of the characters are close.

はさるわあ is the one you pasted. I think. Not sure on second char.

Edit: I recall something about the DOB field too - don't use single digits (e.g. use 04, not 4). It's dumb.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Odds are it's the captcha. It's just hard. I mean, jesus christ some of the characters are close.

はさるわあ is the one you pasted. I think. Not sure on second char.

Edit: I recall something about the DOB field too - don't use single digits (e.g. use 04, not 4). It's dumb.

Yeah I dunno, I gave up on it, it got too frustrating, the captcha characters were really wonky every time and when i was certain I had it several times i just kepy getting errors anyways, even tried different combo's of DOB and my login name, still errors just got sick of wasting any more time trying.

• Options
    So... the mining defense quest is kind of epic.

Also, the end reward set spewed out five rares for me.

• Options
    Sorry I've been crazy busy with Monster hunter lately. I'll get back on soon.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Unlocked Fighter. Holy crap knuckles are awesome (once I got the gear, anyways. The longer the combo, the faster.) Instead of blocking, I get a brief invincibility on demand. I just took out the last 60-70% of a rockbear in a single combo at level 5. Somehow, it's possible to duck its bellyflops. It's amazing.

Will get back to you on the other gears once I get them... (Twin dagger is next, in another four levels)

With there rarely being anyone else on, I've been diversifying :D

Polaritie on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    How's the latency? I have a friend who's in the middle of no where with not the greatest internet.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    What latency?

I get, at worst, the occasional half-second delay in item pickup registering, and I'm almost literally on the other side of the planet. (Midwest) I do, admittedly, have decent internet.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Latency is generally not an issue at all for me, which is pretty surprising considering how tight some of the timing is related to dodging/parrying.

• Options
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Latency is generally not an issue at all for me, which is pretty surprising considering how tight some of the timing is related to dodging/parrying.

If you're worried about dodging - play Force. Seriously, their dodge is crazy good, at the cost of being long.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah as far as latency goes I think that any mission you go on is hosted by whoever the party leader is (which would be you if you are solo).

I don't know for certain, but since the game is 100% Japanese and requires pretty quick reflexes (sometimes) and I have yet to experience any sort of delay it wouldn't surprise me if my theory was true. If not, then God damn those are some nice servers.

Axen on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Sounds good, at some point I might just get a PSO2 party going.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    Am I bad at this or is the lava world boss excruciating for forces?

I suppose bringing partners is the answer, but I like being solo. :[

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Toothy wrote: »
    Am I bad at this or is the lava world boss excruciating for forces?

I suppose bringing partners is the answer, but I like being solo. :[

Force is probably the best at it, actually:
    1) It can be frozen. You... are spamming ice on it, right?
    2) Force dodge is amazing, and can trivially avoid all its attacks (well, anything that can actually hit you at Barta range). Mainly, the fireball it uses at full lava armor, which can one-shot even hardier classes... you just turn invincible for a second while it blows up.
    3) Resta. You never, ever run out of heals. (For the record, I couldn't stand casts in PSO for just this reason. Resta is godly for soloing, and I've basically had force sub or main in this 24/7 for that alone)

Obviously, you're squishy, but for the most part just keep moving and shooting Barta techs. If you're using regular barta, use third person shooter mode so you can aim it up to hit (Gibarta doesn't have this issue, and while I doubt you have Sabarta, you could use that and just lock onto a weak spot to hammer)

The one thing to know - if you break the crystal on the tail, it will stop attacking entirely for like ten seconds, as well as reset to the base form (note that the fully armored form has no weakness to exploit).

If you can't kill it fast enough, level up or bring partners (Ranger partners like to use Weak Bullet, which renders whatever it hits incredibly weak to everything for a while). Honestly, for a force, bring partners anyways - specifically Echo and Marlu (the two forces) to built up friendship so they gift you Anti and Grants/Gigrants respectively.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice. I only figured out first person mode after I posted, and that helps a lot with aiming stuff like barta.

• Options
    Yeah. I'll still use the normal view if I'm casting grants, zonde, etc. so I can target lock the weak spot, but usually I'm aiming manually.