As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So wow, Steamworld Dig is fun as hell. Glad it went back on sale :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Why is Maintenance start at noon and end at 4pm? PDT that seems odd

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    The problem right now is entirely eshop related.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I have $10 buck to spend. I want a 3DS game.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    The problem right now is entirely eshop related.

Right, things like Miiverse and online play are not affected.

Edit: And Nintendo has an official statement for the outage
    Thank you very much for your patience while we perform maintenance on the Nintendo eShop and Nintendo Network. We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support. We wanted to share some details on what is causing this downtime, and update you on the current outage in service.

The initial outage was primarily caused by a one-time surge in demand over the recent holidays, compounded by the following:

1) An influx of new Nintendo Network accounts being created and accessing the Nintendo eShop.

2) Existing Nintendo 3DS account information being moved to new Nintendo Network accounts.

We are continuing to adjust our network to meet the needs of all our services and applications. To ensure our global audience has an expected level of consistency in service, we took the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS offline. We expect to have it back online no later than 4 a.m. ET on Dec. 29, but may have to perform more maintenance in the future.

We truly apologize for the inconsistencies in our online services. We are working hard around the clock to fully restore these functions, and will continue to keep you updated on our progress.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Just curious, if you got a Wii U with Zelda WWHD download code, would this outage have stopped you cold? If so, yowza what a terrible first impression for all those new console owners...

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Just curious, if you got a Wii U with Zelda WWHD download code, would this outage have stopped you cold? If so, yowza what a terrible first impression for all those new console owners...

Yes, it would have. As it was, I had to warn my kids about the Pokemon X/Y save bug, and only one has been able to connect long enough to grab the patch.

Doesn't seem to be much on the eShop this week. Only 2 new things so far confirmed:

Mega Man X2 on Wii U and the Bravely Default demo.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Are any sales or discounts on the horizon for 3DS games in the eShop? We're not expecting to get anything free because of the 5 day outage at Christmas, are we? Wario64 said something about it on twitter when it was happening but that seemed like wishful thinking.

I want to pick up another game to go with ALBW on my new XL (probably some combo of 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, and a Picross game), but I'd hate to buy something a day before a "Let's welcome in 2014 with discounts on these titles!" promotion.

I guess I need to see if VVVVV or Cave Story are things I want, huh? Those are still on sale until tonight?

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    bficky wrote: »
    Are any sales or discounts on the horizon for 3DS games in the eShop? We're not expecting to get anything free because of the 5 day outage at Christmas, are we? Wario64 said something about it on twitter when it was happening but that seemed like wishful thinking.

I want to pick up another game to go with ALBW on my new XL (probably some combo of 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, and a Picross game), but I'd hate to buy something a day before a "Let's welcome in 2014 with discounts on these titles!" promotion.

I guess I need to see if VVVVV or Cave Story are things I want, huh? Those are still on sale until tonight?

There's a bunch of stuff on sale, but some of it ends today, possibly already by the time you read this.
    Here's your one-stop thread for all of the newest deals for 3DS eShop games. All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET on the day listed.

On Sale
    3D Game Collection - $4.99 - 17% Off - Ends 1/9
    3D MahJongg - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/9
    101 Penguin Pets 3D - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/13
    American Mensa Academy - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Angry Bunnies - $4.99 - 44% Off - Ends 1/6
    Arc Style: Soccer 3D - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 1/9
    Art of Balance Touch - $5.99 - 14% Off - Ends 1/2
    Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2
    ATV Wild Ride 3D - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
    Big Bass Arcade: No Limit - $4.99 - 29% Off - Ends 1/2
    Bomb Monkey - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
    Brunch Panic - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
    Bugs vs Tanks! - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2
    Cave Story - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/3
    Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9 - New
    Code of Princess - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Crimson Shroud - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2
    Deer Drive Legends - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Deer Hunting King - $3.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches! - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/8 - New
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/8 - New
    Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Family Kart 3D - $3.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
    Family Tennis 3D - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 1/9
    Farming Simulator 3D - $7.49 - 25% Off  Ends 1/3
    Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Funfair Party Games - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/9
    Gardenscapes - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
    Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/31
    Hometown Story - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/31
    Ikachan - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/3
    Jewel Match 3 - $5.99 - 14% Off - Ends 1/9
    Let's Ride! Best in Breed 3D - $6.99 - 65% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Liberation Maiden - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2
    Mighty Switch Force! - $4.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2
    Mighty Switch Force! 2 - $4.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2
    Monster Shooter - $4.00 - 43% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Murder on the Titanic - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
    Mutant Mudds  - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
    Myst - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Nano Assault EX - $9.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    NightSky - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/3
    Paws & Claws: Pampered Pets Resort 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Project X Zone - $14.99 - 57% Off - Ends 1/1
    Puzzler Brain Games - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Puzzler World 2013 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Rising Board - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
    Saban's Power Rangers Megaforce - $19.99 - 43% Off - Ends 1/1
    Secret Agent Files: Miami - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 1/9
    Shin Megami Tensei IV - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/6 - New
    Smash Bowling 3D - $3.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2
    SnowMoto Racing 3D - $5.99 - 25% off - Ends 1/9
    Soccer Up 3D - $2.99 - 57% Off - Ends 1/2
    The Starship Damrey - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/2
    SteamWorld Dig - $6.99 - 22% Off - Ends 1/2 - New
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo - $1.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/14 - New
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9 - New
    Sweet Memories: Black Jack - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
    Swords & Soldiers 3D - $5.59 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
    Tangram Style - $3.99 - 43% Off - Permanent Price Drop
    Vector Racing - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 1/9
    VVVVVV - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/3
    Wakedas - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/8
    Witch and Hero - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
    World Conqueror 3D - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/8
    Young Justice: Legacy - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/13 - New

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I too need some suggestions. I already have most of the Atlus and level 5 games.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Aw yeah, just hit Club Nintendo Platinum status.

Mario_Pimpin.jpg

edited January 2014
    This weeks eShop update

Wii U Download

Cocoto Magic Circus 2 – $29.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Gradius – $4.99

3DS Download

Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder – $9.99

3DS Demo

Jump Trials Supreme

Sales

Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Sale: 25 percent off until Jan. 23
    Darts Up 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Sale: More than 50 percent off until Jan. 30
    Code of Princess (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Sale: More than 30 percent off from Jan. 13 to Jan. 20
    Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Sale: More than 30 percent off from Jan. 13 to Jan. 20
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Sale: More than 30 percent off from Jan. 13 to Jan. 20

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    This weeks eShop update

Wii U Download
    F1 Race Stars Powered Up Edition
    Unepic – $9.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest – $4.99

3DS Virtual Console

Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest – $4.99

eShop sale

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl – Want to start off your year with a stellar adventure? Grab your map and prepare yourself. Atlus’ Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is $20 off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™ from Jan. 20 to Jan. 27.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Is it wrong that I watch to buy Castlevania 2 twice today? :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh dip. Unepic and Simon's Quest??

Warlock82 wrote: »

If this were the PSN thread, it'd be $5 and play on your PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita, Bravia TV, Sony Eriksson Smartphone, and some weird hybrid mp3-player/toaster that was only released in Japan.

Still holdin' out hope for Nintendo to figure this out, too...

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

If this were the PSN thread, it'd be $5 and play on your PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita, Bravia TV, Sony Eriksson Smartphone, and some weird hybrid mp3-player/toaster that was only released in Japan.

Maybe, but I'd still end up playing it on a single device anyway so it's not too much of a bother to me.

urahonky wrote: »

Maybe, but I'd still end up playing it on a single device anyway so it's not too much of a bother to me.

I played through MGS half on my TV, half on my PSP. It's not something I'd do often, but the fact that I can is an incredible value-add, and further proof to me that we truly live in The Future(tm).

Really, I just think that a Nintendo with a modernized online service and policies could absolutely dominate in the market, but I understand that it's all a pipe dream.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

Good for Sony?

Sure, it'd be nice for Nintendo to offer such a service, but I dunno why you feel the need to bring up Sony's comparative offerings.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

Good for Sony?

Sure, it'd be nice for Nintendo to offer such a service, but I dunno why you feel the need to bring up Sony's comparative offerings.

See my post directly above yours.

• JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    Well I bought Um Jammer Lammy on a psp and it won't let me play it on a Vita, so it's not all peaches and gravy with PSN at all times.

With Wii U/3DS I would sort of expect a discount on one if you bought the other though.

edited January 2014

Good for Sony?

Eh, I had it on Wii so the Wii U version will only be $1 anyways. Would it be nice if I could use it on both? Of course. Is it gonna happen? Almost definitely not. So no use complaining at this point.

Warlock82 on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    C'monnnn eshop Mario 3, why are you not a thing yet!

Good for Sony?

Eh, I had it on Wii so the Wii U version will only be $1 anyways. Would it be nice if I could use it on both? Of course. Is it gonna happen? Almost definitely not. So no use complaining at this point.

I bring it up on every single Club Nintendo survey I submit. I know it's not likely, but I'll keep carrying the torch.

• JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    When ragging on eShop practices, it's easy to forget the Digital Deluxe Promotion. I've gotten $10 from it so far. It'd be nice if they kept this around past the promised two years and just made it a permanent thing - and expanded it to include 3DS purchases.

And then, you know, made people aware of it.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Because Nintendo is the king of cock teases.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Donnicton wrote: »

Because Nintendo is the king of cock teases.

Only NoA though

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    For some reason I read cock of king teases.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The cock ring of teases.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Not a lot this week for the eShop

Wii U Virtual Console

Mighty Bomb Jack – $4.99

3DS Virtual Console

Life Force – $4.99

Wii Fit U

Free Trial Offer Ends Jan. 31 – There’s just one week left to take advantage of the Wii Fit U Free Trial Offer. Users who own a Wii U console and a Wii Balance Board accessory can download Wii Fit U from the Nintendo eShop on Wii U for free, then keep it forever by syncing a Fit Meter accessory to the game. The Fit Meter can be purchased separately at a suggested retail price of just $19.99. Wii Fit U offers more than 70 activities, while the Fit Meter tracks activity levels on the go.

eShop sales

Shin Megami Tensei IV – Let ATLUS treat you to another sale in 2014. Shin Megami Tensei IV is $29.99 from Jan. 27 until Feb. 3 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Fractured Soul – Fractured Soul takes the classic platformers of the ’80s and doubles the action, with game play across both screens of the Nintendo 3DS system. Since its release, Fractured Soul has won the hearts of critics around the world. Starting today, download Fractured Soul from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS for $5.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 6.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I always liked Life Force. Just different enough from Gradius that I really enjoyed it.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Anyone know of a particular reason KI:U isn't available on the eShop?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Nope, no good reason.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Maybe they refuse to sell it without a stand for fear of someone hurting themselves.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky

I know it is in Japan, is it not everywhere else?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Weird, kidicarus.nintendo.com has a link and logo for the Nintendo eShop. If you go to the game's Nintendo.com game page there's a link to download from the eShop. Clicking it opens a pop-up that lets you use a QR code that supposedly takes you directly game purchase screen in the eShop.

So you can't find the game by browsing/searching directly in the eShop? What happens if you try scanning the QR code from the game page?

I would still recommend getting it physically if you can. The stand comes free (though you can buy it at store.nintendo.com), it comes with a set of AR cards which are nice, and it's one of the few 3DS games that has a reversible cover.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I mean I just searched "Icarus" and found the game and it said it wasn't available in the eShop (UK). I'll get it off Amazon then.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I mean I just searched "Icarus" and found the game and it said it wasn't available in the eShop (UK). I'll get it off Amazon then.

The thing about the eShop search is you have to be pretty specific and exact.

But it does look like it was released at least in NA, so it may not be in Europe.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/8/5080138/kid-icarus-uprising-now-out-on-nintend-3ds-eshop

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So blindingly pissed at Nintendo right now. I just had 10 StreetPasses saved up and decided to buy the extra StreetPass games because I've 100%ed Find Me 1&2 and have obtained all the puzzle pieces. I go to buy them from within the StreetPass menu, and everything is going fine until the system tells me that I'm just a few blocks short on space to download them. So I have to go into settings to delete one thing to be able to download them. Go back and all my 10 saved streetpasses that I hadn't even used yet are gone.

Nintendo...
    http://media.giphy.com/media/WTYyeOp92zJFS/giphy.gif
    Oh and:
    http://media.giphy.com/media/VxWHhQuYZOGxq/giphy.gif

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
This discussion has been closed.