As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Paper Sorcerer is live! I'm looking forward to getting my kickstarter key at some point. It looks even sharper than was originally promised. Behold:

ss_d0a42f0e1b5463df8c11d81b218cfbc483149783.1920x1080.jpg?t=1390415274

ss_1ee9e3591f9ca6790a49bf94ec57299ba5a89fe0.1920x1080.jpg?t=1390415274

Well there's another wishlisted game. Damn you folks, between Banner Saga, Agarest, Blackguards (of which I grabbed the demo to make sure I like it), Divinity and more, I am well on my way back up to 60-some games on my list.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Paper Sorcerer is live! I'm looking forward to getting my kickstarter key at some point. It looks even sharper than was originally promised.

Any word on Steam keys for those of us that purchased it directly through their site?

@HeirTransparent, the dev sent this to backers yesterday:
    For now backers, just sit tight. I'm figuring out a way to send out keys to everybody in a timely manner, forgive me if it takes a little while to figure out, as I've 2000+ keys to send out (including purchases).

:)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Today's daily is just so...so...what's the word?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Bro?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    That look in Paper Sorcerer reminds me a lot of Dark Spire on the DS. I like it.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    As I said in the previous thread: Paper Sorcerer is pretty damn great guys.

I mean it has a difficulty level called '1980s' and vampires are actually healers and oh man dat skeleton tank.

Also the story is pretty good so far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Amazon price matched The Bureau and it works with the $5 off EC coupon, so $7.50 Steam key.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    101835_600.png
    @bigdes

Thanks much for the giveaway! :D

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular

French?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hey Bundlestars, if you could start accepting Amazon Payments that would be great.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Amazon price matched The Bureau and it works with the $5 off EC coupon, so $7.50 Steam key.

Well. That's something.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DariaDaria Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Paper Sorcerer is live! I'm looking forward to getting my kickstarter key at some point. It looks even sharper than was originally promised. Behold:

ss_d0a42f0e1b5463df8c11d81b218cfbc483149783.1920x1080.jpg?t=1390415274

ss_1ee9e3591f9ca6790a49bf94ec57299ba5a89fe0.1920x1080.jpg?t=1390415274

Well there's another wishlisted game. Damn you folks, between Banner Saga, Agarest, Blackguards (of which I grabbed the demo to make sure I like it), Divinity and more, I am well on my way back up to 60-some games on my list.

Wow. That game looks badass. Sort of reminds me of Dark Spire (upon reading the thread further I see I'm not alone).

*wishlisted so hard!*

• Options
    msmya wrote: »
    101835_600.png
    @bigdes

Thanks much for the giveaway! :D

Enjoy it, it remains one of my favorite games

Well aside from Metal Gear Revengeance I mean

Rules of Nature and such

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Well. That's something.

It's something that people should buy. Ignore the story and enjoy the fun combat. Throw aliens at other aliens, and then shoot them in the face! Wear a chunky bracelet! Be a handsome guy! Try not to giggle at Director Faulke's pants-boner!

The Bureau has something for everyone!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but Echo Prime is coming to Steam.

It's a sci-fi ARPG from Robot Entertainment, creators of Hero Academy and Orcs Must Die. Originally it was an iOS game that turned a lot of people off due to the fact that it both cost money and seemed to be pushing for in app purchases. Never tried it myself due to the fact that my phone is considered too old to run it properly according to it's suggested devices, and never saw anyone else actually mention playing it. So no idea how good it is. The new Steam version mentions a "retuned economy" and that all equipment is unlockable at no extra-cost, but no real statement about if they are ditching their premium currency as far as I can tell.

Touch Arcade's review of the iOS version suggests that it's fun, but the game is dragged down by the in app purchases and it can get a bit repetitive/shallow.

I like Robot Entertainment's other games, and a sci-fi ARPG sounds neat, but I'm gonna be pretty cautious about this one myself.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Oh man, Robot is great. I love both Hero Academy and OMD. Welcome to the wishlist, Echo Prime!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hah the 2 games in the thread title are exactly what I'm playing these days when I'm not getting my ass kicked in Hearthstone arena games.

But man is Neo Scavenger brutal. Just when you think you got it all covered, nice fur coat gun and a fancy laptop .. you die of an infection :(

Next time Medic, Strong, Botany, Melee and a Eagle eye with the Metabolism bad trait maybe?

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Hah the 2 games in the thread title are exactly what I'm playing these days when I'm not getting my ass kicked in Hearthstone arena games.

But man is Neo Scavenger brutal. Just when you think you got it all covered, nice fur coat gun and a fancy laptop .. you die of an infection :(

Next time Medic, Strong, Botany, Melee and a Eagle eye with the Metabolism bad trait maybe?

Metabolism gets you into dangerous situations. Like, you'll need to scrounge up water but night is coming and there's wolfmen around. Things like that. Eagle Eye doesn't seem super useful to me - you get a lot of it's benefit once you find some binoculars.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Humble Weekly Sale Roguelike: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay at least $1 to get:
    -Paranautical Activity
    -Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
    -Hack, Slash, Loot

Pay $6 or more to unlock:
    -The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC LC
    -Teleglitch: Die More Edition
    -Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition

• Options
    Yeah Blackguards looks rad

If I hadn't already spent all my monthly gaming budget on retro games I would snap it up, next month is a gogo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DariaDaria Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Humble Weekly Sale Roguelike: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay at least $1 to get:
    -Paranautical Activity
    -Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
    -Hack, Slash, Loot

Pay $6 or more to unlock:
    -The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC LC
    -Teleglitch: Die More Edition
    -Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition

I'm liking this week's bundle for Binding of Issac and Hack, Slash, Loot.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I can't get over the fact they are doing a free preview weekend for a game that is on sale for $2.24. I mean, if you've been on the fence about the game, isn't the 85% off enough to get you to bite? Do you really need to get to play it free for a day first?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Nope. Nope nope nope. Dont' tell me this. I'm not listening. I have enough games to play and don't want to spend any more money. I'm already tempted enough by the bureau.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »

French?

The French Prince?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Did you miss out on the La-Mulana daily? Well, I'm giving away two copies!
    signature.png

If you end up liking the game, you might be interested to know there's a sequel currently in the middle of a crowdfunding campaign!

Honestly, I still need to play through the first one. I played a little bit of it last year, but it's really difficult, and not just in a "these enemies are hard!" sort of way. It's the puzzles that will stop you in your tracks.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I jumped into the wiki after failing to do some really simple things and discovered that I need to start combining everything I find in that game with medium string to see if it can hang around my neck.

• Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Sooo, Sanctum 2 is on sale so it the first game. What's the difference between them. I will most likely buy both of them, but I'm just curious about differences.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    So I finally got off my lazy ass and made that State of Decay: Breakdown LP I said I'd do during the charity drive. Head on over and sign up to be eaten by zombies a survivor in the game.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Ghostlight is bringing another uncomfortable mating RPG to Steam http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghostlight-are-bringing-agarest-generations-of-war-zero-to-steam

I won't pretend to know if that's a sequel or prequel, but hey, another JRPG. They're also porting OMG Zombies HD from the Vita to PC, and have two more Steam announcements they plan to make soon. I haven't played much of Agarest but I'm just happy to see more games being ported.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    I have an extra copy of BoI Wrath of the lamb for any person left on the planet who needs it

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Man you guys, I was all "I will catch up on the Steam thread at work tomorrow." and you go and post so much that there is a new thread!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Ah, new thread. Like a new friend. But with less body odor. And classier. And doesn't call you drunk at 2AM for a ride home. And full of useful information.

IT WAS ONE TIME

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Ah, I got Dualshock 4 up and running on my Surface Pro 2, which means I can finally get to all the controller-based games that are in my library. Games like Spelunky, Monaco, and Bastion (thanks again HeirTransparent).

I used to have an Xbox 360 controller a couple years ago, but man, does it ever feel good to have a not-total-shit-actually-quite-good-for-that-matter d-pad.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Aw man. I just used up the last EC coupon on a copy of Brothers for a friend that will probably never get used.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ah, new thread. Like a new friend. But with less body odor. And classier. And doesn't call you drunk at 2AM for a ride home. And full of useful information.

IT WAS ONE TIME

The scars don't heal quickly, man.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Fairly certain I will not use any of my EC coupons if anyone wants me to ferry something. Just cover the cost in giftcard. I have like 4 or 5.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I finally "get" Teraria. Mainly have been playing on my iPad, but oh man is it fun. If Starbound is the same formula, oh man...

Psssst... Hey.... Hey, you... @Idx86... Check out Darkout. All that plus superpretty graphics.

B)

Welp. It's happened. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Went to check out Darkout and maybe wishlist it. As I clicked the game, I had a funny feeling.

What should greet my eyes but: "You already own this game."

Well-played Steam. You got me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So in-home Streaming seems to work pretty well

Which is neato

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Aw man. I just used up the last EC coupon on a copy of Brothers for a friend that will probably never get used.
    I'm hoping $8 Brothers comes back. I plan to use whatever coupons I have left at the end of the sale to stock up on copies of Brothers for gifting.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Guys . I have run for a bus to get home by 21:00. I am old and fat and can't breathe. I am cursing that last pint. I need to cook and sleep by 23:00. What do I play when I get home, assuming I don't die?

This discussion has been closed.