As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quoth the Raven

13»

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    ...and Houn was never heard from again.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I've met a terrible fate, haven't I?

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    An ambiguous response button is necessary for some sort of forum social experiment, I'm guessing.

Or it's just fun to throw out weird shit and see what y'all make of it.

"Experiment" implies that the mod and admin staff are more than just creatures of caprice and whimsy.

Bro?

wait...i'm doing it wrong...

That's So Raven!(?)

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    As we move into the Year of the Raven, we should take a moment to reflect on the Bro of Yore. Can we get a Bro Retrospective? I'd love to see some stats, like Average Number of Bros per Post, Comparisons of Bro usage to Agree/Awesome, Top Ten Bro'd posts/users, Top Ten Bro Givers, Bro Breakdown by Subforum, etc.

Nevermore

What he said.

:so_raven:
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

bVXEcnj.jpg

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
    So, I still don't quite grok proper usage of the "So Raven" button. Patterns that seem to be emerging are "use it anywhere that would previously been a bro", "alternate awesome", and "I recognize that you just made a bird pun."

I feel as though proper understanding requires further investigation into the originating phenomena, but I really don't want to watch Nick Tween TV that I was too old for the first time it aired...

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    A random (active) forumer is chosen each day. They're given a chance to opt out of the lottery in advance, and decline before the event.

That's so @(name)

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    HEY! WOAH!

THATS DISNEY CHANNEL TWEEN POP MISTER!

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I'm still a little confused as to what this button is supposed to imply.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    I'm still a little confused as to what this button is supposed to imply.

A desire to recognize the inherent presence of the quality of Raven displayed at an excessive level.

It's the "quality of Raven" part I'm still sussing out... I feel like Tycho in the password hint comic.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I use ravens to describe things that are awesomely agreeable

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    When you're not sure if a post is satire or not.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    When you're not sure if a post is satire or not.

Poe's Law? Well played.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Damn, that's a really good joke.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    An ambiguous response button is necessary for some sort of forum social experiment, I'm guessing.

"Experiment" implies that the mod and admin staff are more than just creatures of caprice and whimsy.

Read this as caprice and whiskey. Perhaps it still fits? Also the So Raven sprite is still absent on both the button itself and the avatars of users who press it, when I browse the mobile version on my phone. If this is a non issue I will drop it but it has been some time now and I wonder if it is just me why would that be?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »

Read this as caprice and whiskey. Perhaps it still fits? Also the So Raven sprite is still absent on both the button itself and the avatars of users who press it, when I browse the mobile version on my phone. If this is a non issue I will drop it but it has been some time now and I wonder if it is just me why would that be?

Not just you; I noticed the same. Firefox on Android. Whatever version is current.

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular

0000922872_100.png

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Woah, has hovering over a reaction type when you have more of 1000 of it always given the exact number?

I am never likely to see more than 1000 agrees, so this is something I must take on faith.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch