As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hah the 2 games in the thread title are exactly what I'm playing these days when I'm not getting my ass kicked in Hearthstone arena games.

But man is Neo Scavenger brutal. Just when you think you got it all covered, nice fur coat gun and a fancy laptop .. you die of an infection :(

Next time Medic, Strong, Botany, Melee and a Eagle eye with the Metabolism bad trait maybe?

Powerful gun, but expensive ammunition. ;)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Amazon price matched The Bureau and it works with the $5 off EC coupon, so $7.50 Steam key.
    Aw man. I just used up the last EC coupon on a copy of Brothers for a friend that will probably never get used.
    I'm hoping $8 Brothers comes back. I plan to use whatever coupons I have left at the end of the sale to stock up on copies of Brothers for gifting.

I had three of the coupons. I used the first on the Darksiders bundle that didn't last long because I really wanted the second game and it was the cheapest I'd seen for it. The other two were used for Sims Island Paradise and Sims Movie Stuff. So...you know...dollhouse furniture basically. On the plus side my family of Floozy McHappyPants and her cat FluffyPants McHappyPants now live on a sweet houseboat.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    So...I just got an email for the in-home streaming beta.

Is this the place to discuss such things? Or should I take that to the SteamOS thread?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @abdyhius
    BigDes wrote: »
    So in-home Streaming seems to work pretty well

Which is neato

???

To the SteamOS thread!

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Guys . I have run for a bus to get home by 21:00. I am old and fat and can't breathe. I am cursing that last pint. I need to cook and sleep by 23:00. What do I play when I get home, assuming I don't die?

Sounds like you need a quick and happy game. I'd totally go for Pinball FX2, FTL, Hotline Miami, or Sequence.

All are fairly quick and don't require a lot of thinking.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    You could play Defence Grid, which I think you haven't finished.

Or F.E.A.R. to remove that need for sleep.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Sooo, Sanctum 2 is on sale so it the first game. What's the difference between them. I will most likely buy both of them, but I'm just curious about differences.
    Both alternate between a Tower Building phase between waves and a First Person Shooter phase during waves.
    Both have 4 player co-op

Sanctum 1
    - Larger focus on the Tower Def elements with a lesser focus on the FPS shooting to assist your towers.
    - Larger maps

Sanctum 2
    - Larger focus on the FPS with more limited Tower building options. (patches have balanced this out somewhat)
    - Character selection, with each character having different features and weapons.
    - RPG style perk system allowing you to further customise your character
    - Smaller maps but more dense

I really like both of them, and if you can play them with friends they are amazing.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Sooo, Sanctum 2 is on sale so it the first game. What's the difference between them. I will most likely buy both of them, but I'm just curious about differences.

Just get 2 and the season pass. I like the first game but the second is just so much better at pretty much everything.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Can you still kill Santa in Sanctum 1?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Can you still kill Santa in Sanctum 1?

The map for it is still up it looks like so probably!

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Krummith wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Guys . I have run for a bus to get home by 21:00. I am old and fat and can't breathe. I am cursing that last pint. I need to cook and sleep by 23:00. What do I play when I get home, assuming I don't die?

Sounds like you need a quick and happy game. I'd totally go for Pinball FX2, FTL, Hotline Miami, or Sequence.

All are fairly quick and don't require a lot of thinking.

@CroakerBC

Pool Nation is a fun game and satisfying in short sessions. Also long sessions that can keep you up all night so be careful.

Drake on
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I'm really liking what I've played of Pool Nation so far, I'm really bad with aim assist off and I wish there was a UK pool mode but it's still really good fun

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Just get 2 and the season pass. I like the first game but the second is just so much better at pretty much everything.

As unofficial sanctum fanboi of PA, this is sound advice. The second does everything better, is more exciting and has a "story".

I am also available for anyone who wants to coop this weekend/forever.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I know that a lack of the icon on the Steam page probably means "no," but just to double check, does anyone know if Paranautical Activity has gamepad support?

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    I do hope the RE re-release on Steam will embolden Capcom to finally release Dragons Dogma. MvC3 is never gonna happen now which really bums me out.

Unfortunately I think its just Capcom going back to the well to spruce up their income.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I finally "get" Teraria. Mainly have been playing on my iPad, but oh man is it fun. If Starbound is the same formula, oh man...

Psssst... Hey.... Hey, you... @Idx86... Check out Darkout. All that plus superpretty graphics.

B)

Welp. It's happened. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Went to check out Darkout and maybe wishlist it. As I clicked the game, I had a funny feeling.

What should greet my eyes but: "You already own this game."

Well-played Steam. You got me.

It looks cool, but it appears to be one of those Early Access games, which I am not fond of.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Insurgency is officially out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-9Y3dXKis

If you like tactical shooters there's pretty much no reason not to own this. It's not the best to look at (it has this appalling draw distance fog) but in terms of how it polished and tense the gameplay feels it's a real winner. If you're a fan of Red Orchestra you'll probably feel right at home because the game is basically RO:War on Terror edition.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    This wrote: »
    Ah, I got Dualshock 4 up and running on my Surface Pro 2, which means I can finally get to all the controller-based games that are in my library. Games like Spelunky, Monaco, and Bastion (thanks again HeirTransparent).

I used to have an Xbox 360 controller a couple years ago, but man, does it ever feel good to have a not-total-shit-actually-quite-good-for-that-matter d-pad.

Was it difficult? My friend has a PS4 and honestly the most impressionable bit was the DS4. It's so comfortable to hold.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    IndieGala the Fire & Sword bundle http://www.indiegala.com/

Leviathan Warships
    Mount & Blade
    Mount & Blade With Fire & Sword
    War of the Roses Kingmaker
    Sengoku

$4.49 for the first 8 hours.
    This wrote: »
    Ah, I got Dualshock 4 up and running on my Surface Pro 2, which means I can finally get to all the controller-based games that are in my library. Games like Spelunky, Monaco, and Bastion (thanks again HeirTransparent).

I used to have an Xbox 360 controller a couple years ago, but man, does it ever feel good to have a not-total-shit-actually-quite-good-for-that-matter d-pad.

Was it difficult? My friend has a PS4 and honestly the most impressionable bit was the DS4. It's so comfortable to hold.

It should be the same as setting up DS3 SCP.
    Lookup "DS4 SCP" and you should find what you need. The code is based on the DS3 implementation.
    Afaik you cannot have both installed simultaneously. Looks like the DS3 SCP implementation has been updated with initial DS4 support too. However I think there's a separate one maintained by another individual

DaxterMax on
    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Oh.
    Might & Magic X - Legacy is out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wet5YL1YvDo

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    DON'T REMIND ME! YOU MONSTER!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Isn't that the voice actress that did Aquaria?

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    So, uh, this is awkward.

I entered the Saint's Row 3 giveaway that @BigDes was generous enough to put up. And I won!

But, literally 12 hours before the drawing, I got Saints Row 3 for the 360 as a late Christmas gift.

So, I would kinda feel like a jerk for keeping the slightly nicer version when someone else could have Saints Row 3!

signature.png

Heads up to @Kevko, @Madican, and @Ataxrxes.

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, uh, this is awkward.

I entered the Saint's Row 3 giveaway that @BigDes was generous enough to put up. And I won!

But, literally 12 hours before the drawing, I got Saints Row 3 for the 360 as a late Christmas gift.

So, I would kinda feel like a jerk for keeping the slightly nicer version when someone else could have Saints Row 3!

signature.png

I say, I say, that is very classy of you! Jolly good show, what?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, uh, this is awkward.

signature.png

I say, I say, that is very classy of you! Jolly good show, what?

Yes, quite. *dons monocle*

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    @BigDes just sent me Syberia I ANNNND Syberia II!!

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I do hope the RE re-release on Steam will embolden Capcom to finally release Dragons Dogma. MvC3 is never gonna happen now which really bums me out.

Unfortunately I think its just Capcom going back to the well to spruce up their income.

I just saw that RE4 preorder notice... is it possible that it's actually a good PC port this time?

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT surprised me with skulls of the shogun! Thank you so much!

Now to tear myself away from being the baddest mofo with a crowbar and trash bag to ever wander the wastes. Seriously folks NEO Scavenger is soooo good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »

I just saw that RE4 preorder notice... is it possible that it's actually a good PC port this time?

Cuatiously optimitsic

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »

Its supposed to be. I'm hoping its so. I'm still burned by all things Capcom and PC though. They never released RE5's DLC (which is why I never bought it a second time on PC), nor MvC3, nor Dragons Dogma.

Also this weekly HIB is amazing.

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Apparently because I mentioned that game which must remain nameless Pixie @Ultrahonky: Lord of the Jive Turkeys Assaults me with Cherry Tree High Comedy Club which was amazing and had me hit 300 games owned so I could finally stop but then shortly after that came Post Apocalyptic Mayhem with dlc...

Vengeance will be delayed shortly but when it does come you will rue this day! Rue it I say!

Thank you much Pixie!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I did no such thing. You totally imagined that entire exchange.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Anyone else have the problem where a new bundle cones out and have to go look at your library to see which of the games you already have because you can't remember? Am I Steaming right?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    REMINDER:

Ashley's naked butt is still the third result for Resident Evil mods on youtube. So don't search for the creative database of mods in a public place.

Of further note is that Freud would explain a great deal of the mod content as stemming from the authors' unresolved sexual competition with their mothers for their father's affection.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Why is Torchlight 2 downloading workshop content when I don't even have the fucking game installed?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I've also got some of those Amazon editor's choice credits, if something suits your fancy. Just cover the final cost with a gift card or something. I'd rather these not go to waste.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    So Might and Magic X is pretty darn good.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    So Might and Magic X is pretty darn good.

Didn't need to hear that!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Just tried the streaming beta today, got skyrim running on high settings on an older laptop which can barely run starbound. Totally playable at this stage, can't wait to see how it improves. Turn based games were perfect, noticed a bit of lag in high twitch games like Pinball FX2 but not enough for people who aren't avid players to notice. Might see if I can find a way to get my XBMC box to run steam.

This discussion has been closed.